It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel a disturbance in the force.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PsiOpSky

You think that asking will make it go away? That sounds pretty much like you think that this is not a real condition.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well all I can say is this: what an average person thinks, when someone seems to post nonstop to try and shut down wonderful threads and stop people from sharing their opinions and their links, and targets posters aggressively trying to silence them, and leaves little pidgeon droppings of doo doo all over the place. Its not going to work, the thread isn't going to be derailed, the attacks are mean and unwarranted and will not ever silence people. People who leave bird doo doo should be ashamed of themselves, instead they should be encouraging others to research and have minds of their own, empowering others, but oh no, pidgeon droppings on that eh.

The average person looks at topics and if one comes on leaving droppings on free and open discussions, the topic is getting interesting. Seems like there are some coals burning and emblems of truth coming out. But if more than one comes on to try and smother a topic, then the average person should realize its a forrest fire, must be truth here.

So I think they should know they're having the opposite affect.

For example, imagine arguing whether magnetic field deficiency could be felt by people?

Duh! of course it is!

The average person treats a topic like a forest fire, and the more who come on to try and aim hoses of pidgeon droppings on it, the more the topic must have hit a nerve or chink in the armor of the world's mismanagers, IMO.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well all I can say is this: what an average person thinks, when someone seems to post nonstop to try and shut down wonderful threads and stop people from sharing their opinions and their links, and targets posters aggressively trying to silence them, and leaves little pidgeon droppings of doo doo all over the place. Its not going to work, the thread isn't going to be derailed, the attacks are mean and unwarranted and will not ever silence people. People who leave bird doo doo should be ashamed of themselves, instead they should be encouraging others to research and have minds of their own, empowering others, but oh no, pidgeon droppings on that eh.

I agree that this dropping of bird doo doo in the form of hoaxes is deplorable.

If you think that they are not hoaxes then please try to show that there is substance to the claims. It's not mean to ask for something that supports a claim.

Look at the personal attacks that come out of challenging the claim. I post a challenge and people have a hissy fit because I do not accept these claims at face value.

The average person looks at topics and if one comes on leaving droppings on free and open discussions, the topic is getting interesting. Seems like there are some coals burning and emblems of truth coming out. But if more than one comes on to try and smother a topic, then the average person should realize its a forrest fire, must be truth here.

This sounds like you are stating that more ridiculous a claim, and the more obvious it is that the claim is dubious, the more truthful it is? That is pretty illogical don't you think?

It is odd how checking out claims is deemed to be smothering. I realize that there are some people that do not want to be bothered with checking out claims. They'd rather just accept everything hook, line, and sinker. Much easier isn't it?

For example, imagine arguing whether magnetic field deficiency could be felt by people?

Duh! of course it is!

DUH! It is not. That's baloney.
edit on 5-4-2013 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Great post.
I've been reading this thread and avoiding posting, simply because I knew what kind of response a lot of it would get from certain sections of ATS membership, and frankly, I can't be bothered with it. It's not possible after a particular type of poster gets involved to have any kind of creative, or even reasonable discussion, as they seem to come in with minds and imaginations (if they actually possess imaginations) firmly shut. Internet arguments like that are essentially unwinable.

Our capacity to create, investigate, imagine, think forward, imagine the currently unimaginable is what makes us human.Even if it sounds dead silly or even downright stupid, it should be explored. It's part of the gift we have been given. It has nothing to do with IQ (please don't make me flash my Mensa card at you) or lack of it, but some of us just seem to be wired differently, and some of us are trying to work out why.

Personally, what winds me up more than everything, are the bad manners. Some people *really* need to realise that you will generally get more out of people with honey than vinegar, and no matter how right you consider yourself to be, being bolshie about it wont get you far. It just turns people off you, and anything useful you might have to say.

Back on topic....disturbance in the force eh? We've been talking about this for a good while now, in various places here. All I can add from my personal experience is that there is something happening right now, an event that started a few days ago, maybe April 2nd, and I don't know what it is. I suspect geological, although maybe that's just part of it, and there maybe be other layers and events on top of that, possibly political. I'm not into making predictions, I'm just noting what I feel. Check the Earthquake prediction thread if you're more interested. Whatever this event is, we haven't seen it surface yet, and I don't know if that description is metaphorical or not. Something, somewhere, has already shifted and we haven't seen it yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

The close minded people are those that can't be bothered to examine the evidence. They often have this pretentious air of being creative by spouting false stories. There are also the creative hoaxers that dream up syndromes such as magnetic deficiency syndrome and beguile others into waltzing around with magic magnets on them.

Have you noticed that small strong magnets have been removed from store shelves due to deaths related to them? Anyone know why?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

How have these small magnets caused deaths? I haven't heard of that until now.

- PS

And I do agree that the whole magnet thing is probably just another in a long series of fads and gimmicks designed to take one's money. And you can get a second one for FREE!! (for $5.00).

edit on 4/5/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: PS

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Magicians Apprentice
Also did anyone else feel this disturbance ?
I highly doubt I was the only one

I felt something yesterday 4/4/13 in the afternoon. I always chalk those wave feelings up to either:

* air pressure changes when a new weather front moves in
* another incursion/disruption in the timeline as a result of a time traveler changing something in the past.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My impression is that there was a definite movement into a new era that occured during the Spring Equinox. This feeling has been confirmed to me through personal events.... the only way I know how to describe it is: like a beach ball held under water suddenly popping up to the surface.

Yeah.... I know... pretty vague.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Do you mean these deaths? From children swallowing small magnets?

Child deaths

I did a quick search and the only deaths I could find linked to small magnets were this type of very sad case. None seems to be attributed to actually wearing magnets.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

The small magnets can be swallowed. If 2 or more are swallowed they can get pieces of the intestine between them. The magnets are strong enough to clamp down on the intestinal tissue and cause holes, necrosis, or other problems.
www.poison.org...
www.aboutlawsuits.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

That's a really good description of how it feels...like something being held down under pressure. Very curious.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Sorry...our posts crossed there. I see your point, but small children will put just about anything in their mouths. It would make life very difficult to ban everything that could potentially be dangerous.
edit on 5-4-2013 by caitlinfae because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Injuries from swallowing have happened in ages up to the teens.

Externally worn magnets are sometimes in the form of jewelry such as necklaces. The necklaces are a threat if they are pulled apart by children just as the small ball magnets are a threat.

It's a threat worth knowing about if there are children around and you want to wear a magnetic gimmick.

In addition to the medical problems, these small magnets can damage credit cards, computer devices, and personal electronics.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yes kids swallow small items. A small bead passes through a child with ease. A small magnet does not as it is attracted to the other magnets that are swallowed. The medical reports show that despite their small size they are dangerous, much, much more dangerous than swallowing a non-magnetic of the same size.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

But children will swallow anything, sometimes just out of curiosity. That's why pen tops have to have holes in them. It's your opinion that magnet therapy, for instance, is a gimmick, which is fine....but it's unfair of you to assume that everyone has identical experiences to you, or that your experience is the only correct version. Sometimes, issues like this are based on experience, and not empirical knowledge, which is the bit empiricists usually find hard to accept.

I wear a magnetic bracelet...you knew I was going to say that, didn't you?
I had severe pains in the joints in my hands, at the base of my thumbs. All the medical tests showed nothing. I tried everything I could think of, and all my doctor could tell me was that it was a little bit of wear and tear. I was in agony. In almost desperation, I must admit, I tried a magnetic bracelet, and the pain was gone in less than 24 hours. Go figure. I don't care how it works...I just care that it works, and harms no-one else in the process.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I do not feel a disturbance in the force at all..Maybe I'm not in tune like you people are i know there is allot going on in the world right now but there always has been..I prefer to live my life.. The biggest regret you can have is not enjoying your life to the fullest when you had the chance..I think allot of people sit and read the doom threads to much on ATS and get caught up in the fear and worry..Go live life is what i say! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

It's good to hear that you're so happy, but why assume that we are not? I can only speak for myself, of course, but despite a few minor issues in the grand scheme of things, I'm intensely happy. Being aware of possibility isn't a recipe for depression and doom mongering.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

But children will swallow anything, sometimes just out of curiosity. That's why pen tops have to have holes in them. It's your opinion that magnet therapy, for instance, is a gimmick, which is fine....but it's unfair of you to assume that everyone has identical experiences to you, or that your experience is the only correct version. Sometimes, issues like this are based on experience, and not empirical knowledge, which is the bit empiricists usually find hard to accept.

I agree that children and teens will swallow anything. That's what makes these powerful magnets so dangerous.

But there is empirical evidence for not accepting magnets as anything other than a gimmick. Franklin went to France to investigate mesmerism. In doing that he showed that the effects ascribed to magnets were not due to the magnets, but rather the belief of the people involved. When magnets were removed the people still acted as if the magnets were in place. When told that the magnets had been removed and were in fact still in place the people reported the experience they believed existed rather than the what was actually happening.

I wear a magnetic bracelet...you knew I was going to say that, didn't you?

Actually the answer is no.

I know of other people that have used magnetic bracelets, copper bracelets, all sorts of bracelets that offered relief. Didn't work long and then went the search for other items which all offered temporary relief.

Have you heard of the Baylor study on pain relief using magnets? I'll see if I can find a copy

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join