It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought my first gun yesterday and boy was it scary!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I did notice that my hollow point rounds were made in Serbia, which seemed a bit odd to me. Not sure if this is normal or not since I am no expert on munitions.

Hi Kleverone,

Congratulations on having the courage to take advantage of your 2nd Amendment right.

If your rounds were made in Serbia the only thing I would recommend is making sure that the rounds aren't coated. Often times steel cased rounds are coated and that leeches onto the chamber causing ejection failures. IF they do make sure the gun you bought doesn't have issues with that type of ammunition.

HSR

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yesterday was my birthday and I decided to finally treat myself...I went to buy a gun.

I was then informed upon purchase that I needed to be cleared by the Maryland state Police dept before I could take my gun home. What once took about a week to do was now taking up to 2 months. He pointed to a stack of about 60 folders of paperwork of people ahead of me waiting for clearance. He said he has never seen anything like it. Keep in mind the phone did not stop ringing the entire time I was there.

I was happy to make it out of there with the 40 cal and some rounds...

How did you make it out of there with your 40 cal and some rounds if you need to be cleared by the state police and that takes 2 months? Did you wait in the store for 2 months?!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by vtr99

In that article she admitted to voting only twice for Obama.

In other articles she voted at least ten times for Obama.

I think she was sentence to a prison term?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleDNH

How did you make it out of there with your 40 cal and some rounds if you need to be cleared by the state police and that takes 2 months? Did you wait in the store for 2 months?!

Let me clarify....made it out with the rounds...and the hope that my background clears (which it will) did not wait around
will be picking up my gun in a month,

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I have to admit, if I lived in America I would have guns galore! I'm trained in the use of firearms, but I never get to use them, in fact in this job now I never get to do much but clean up everyone else's mess!

Anyway, as I have said before, to me its not an issue with guns being so readily available and being legal in America, the issue is far deeper than that anyway. If you're in a country that was the bench mark of living standard, that every other country's people would look at and think 'WOW I wish I lived in America!' Then all of a sudden that's being eroded away, wages cut, jobs cut, everything more expensive, government becoming more oppressive by the day and a very uncertain future then people will snap, crime will go up and events will happen where firearms will be involved. That's the nature of it, a few hundred million souls, there are bound to be a fair few nasty ones. I say don't give up your guns, you need them, they are so wide spread now that you have no choice otherwise who is going to protect you? If anything like this country's police, you'll have better luck sending an SOS in to space, than phoning the police and that's without the government storming in and rounding up people. You keep you're guns, get your guns and stock up on the ammo, I would!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

reply to post by tjack

I went with the S&W sigma.... I read that a lot of people do not like the dual action trigger but I didn't mind it so much. I don't plan it shooting it too often and really just wanted something simple for home protection. Not a bad little piece for the price.

Nice! it looks similar to a Glock, never fired an S&W when I have done training we've always used Glocks.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace

reply to post by tjack

I went with the S&W sigma.... I read that a lot of people do not like the dual action trigger but I didn't mind it so much. I don't plan it shooting it too often and really just wanted something simple for home protection. Not a bad little piece for the price.

Nice! it looks similar to a Glock, never fired an S&W when I have done training we've always used Glocks.

The problem with owning a semi-automatic handgun that you don't plan to use very often....just having it sit around the house until you need it......is that a semi-automatic handgun that is not often used, often malfunctions on the rare occasions you do need it to work.

If you want a handgun to sit in the drawer to use on rare occasions....like, uh, when your life depends upon it.....stick with a revolver.

Semi-mechanisms is like your automobile. You let your automobile sit for a long time, chances are when you go out to start the car, it won't start for a variety of reasons. Things that have a lot of moving parts need the moving parts to keep moving fairly continuous.

And really, if you have to resort to pistol whipping a burglar, a Ruger Blackhawk .44 is a much better ersatz bat than a Sigma Smith.

And besides again....the Sigma series has a history of malfunctioning at the most inopportune of times. Yes, Smith is claiming that the Sigma series has been improved upon....but, hey, it's a really crappy little gun to use for a pistol whipping when all else fails.

Just saying........

edit on 15-3-2013 by coltcall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY EMP ENHANCED MICRO PISTOL

Just saying, if you like small semis.....spend a little more. Then you have less need worrying about the quality of your pistol whipping abilities...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleDNH

Let me clarify....made it out with the rounds...and the hope that my background clears (which it will) did not wait around
will be picking up my gun in a month,

According to the new Brady Law, all background checks are supposed to be instant. If you are delayed, which is common, I believe the law gives them 3 days to complete the background check. After that it is up to state law. In most states the NICS has 3 days to respond, if they don't the FFL dealer can transfer the gun at their own discretion.

www.fbi.gov...
edit on 15-3-2013 by vtr99 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by coltcall
reply to post by vtr99

I don't think she has been to trial yet. Our court system is broken, and these things take forever.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vtr99

Originally posted by coltcall
reply to post by vtr99

I don't think she has been to trial yet. Our court system is broken, and these things take forever.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

Hmmmmm.......

NAACP Executive Sentence to 10 Years in Prison for Voting for Obama 10 Times in 2008

While NAACP President Benjamin Jealous lashed out at new state laws requiring photo ID for voting, an NAACP executive sits in prison, sentenced for carrying out a massive voter fraud scheme.

In April 2011, a Tunica County, Miss., jury convicted NAACP official Lessadolla Sowers on 10 counts of fraudulently casting absentee ballots.

52 DEMOCRATS Arrested and/or Convicted of Voter Fraud so far and Race or the N.A.A.C.P. Wasn’t an Issue
NEWSNET 14

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just a heads up...stopped into the Bass Pro Shop right next to my work today to try and grab a few cheap rounds and it was nuts...what was once fully stocked shelves of handguns were empty and all of the ammo was gone!!! Empty! People were mumbling to themselves or who they were with "where is everything?"

I hope this changes soon.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join