It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought my first gun yesterday and boy was it scary!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
how much was the gun safe I'm sure you also purchased ?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
how much was the gun safe I'm sure you also purchased ?

50 bucks...Winchester safe. Can be bolted down as well.

www.walmart.com...
edit on 12-3-2013 by kleverone because: link to safe

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This may be far enough down to get buried, but...

A few years back my husband talked me into traveling to a tactical shooting course with him. We went to this one.

I had been going regularly to firing ranges with him for many years, but it wasn't until I took this course that I felt truly comfortable with my gun for the first time. Anyone who is going to keep a gun around should do this, in my opinion. I HIGHLY recommend it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Sold my gun. Bought a hunting bow. far quieter

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

I decided to get one because I would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. And with all of the crazy media manipulation on guns lately I figure time to act...plan on getting another one in 30 days.

From what I have seen in the past couple months of panic craze buying, stuff should start coming back soon. Maybe another month or 2. (I hope).

I went to my local gun show last Saturday, and was suprised to see soo much stuff available. For example, I saw that Glocks, Sigs, ect... were pretty much everywhere. AR's also seem to have flooded the market. There were tons and tons of AR's on the tables, plus there were tons of people brining in their AR's for private sales. Not many people were buying them though, since they were asking way too high of prices. Since nobody, atleast in my area, is buying these things at the crazy prices currently, prices should go down soon. Stuff at my local range is starting to come back to. There's finally a few different AR's and SCAR's for sale there to, as they have been out of them since December. The Cabela's I go to also is getting more and more AR's and AK's on the shelves.

Im not sure how long it will take ammo to come back though. The Cheaper than dirt store in Ft Worth has pretty much everything, from all types of ammo to guns, but their prices are insane. Went there the other week and not many people were buying either ammo or guns.

I would use the next 30 days to look into what you want for your next purchase. Read some reviews on a particular gun, watch some reviews on youtube, basically just try to get as much info as possible before your next purchase.

ETA - Also look for ammo variety/availability/price, ect...for that particular gun
edit on 13-3-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
SAD!!! It is sad that people are afraid, and think that guns are going to save them from invisible enemies.... Remember "War of The Worlds?" Media is mind control.... Throw the guns away and hold love within and all will be better, hold no fear or suspicion within and love will spread just as quickly as this fear nonsense.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
We don't sell guns in Australia but the same kinda thing happened to me. I went to the bakery to get some cob loafs and she said the same thing- demand is high at the moment, try coming in earlier.

What is this world coming to!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 311DTOM

saw some tonight at gunauction.com their were around 15 of them, from 9mm to .380 to .45.
a little more on the high side, but with the market as it is, not to bad of a price, most were around
$175ish. That plus shipping to a FFL.

I picked mine up a long time ago, i've had it for many years.

We still have AR's in stock around here, so high points probably are as well,
have not looked at guns in quite a while, no extra cash, darn kids are expensive when
it comes to toys and extra money. I was looking at a carbine the other day, but the way
things are going, and kids as pricy as they are, will be a while before i pick one up.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

i agree, much better to have one and not need it.

Wow, thats a tough one, a 4yr old at home would change the way i keep my guns,
my kids are older, youngest is 10 and the son is 13, they have been taught how to handle
guns and shoot, so i am not as worried about them, they know not to mess with them unless
there is a danger. And they know the wrath that would come down upon them if i ever caught them
playing around with any gun.
I taught them to respect the gun, took their favorite small toy when they were younger, and we went
out to the woods to shoot, then i shot their toy and they got to see first hand what happens when a bullet
hits something you care about. It was a good eye opener for them, a way to make them think that they
could relate to at the time.

Im the same way, real light sleeper, plus over the years the kids bedroom doors have developed a squeak
as well as the door to our bedroom, each door has its distinct sound, so i know when the kids are up at night,
(which drives them nuts that i catch them because they dont know how i find out).
The wife on the other hand could sleep though a tornado and not even budge.

Always wanted a Desert eagle, sweet pistol. Broke my nose on a .357 Mag when i was around my sons age,
a friend of dad's let me shoot, first time i had shot a bigger gun, he told me, go ahead and pop a few off, it
dosent kick much. Their is a big difference between the upper body strength of a 12 year old and a grown man.
It was a revolver, kicked back, the hammer got me right in the middle of my nose, i have a nice lump and a small
scar still. Learned never to believe anyone about not kicking, always over compensate for the first shot of a new
gun. *LOL*

That was a good deal on your pistol you got, not a bad price at all. Although did i read it right on a post, it has no
safety on it? Hmm not sure how i would feel about that. Its a aspect to guns i do look for and have yet to own one without one, i'd have to do some thinking before i could convince myself to buy it.

Happy Bday by the way. I got my first pistol when i was 18, but then again that was a different time
in society. Also got my first license when i was 14, Living on a farm has it's benefit's some times.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
SAD!!! It is sad that people are afraid, and think that guns are going to save them from invisible enemies....

No but it might save me from the ones I can see and aim at.

Remember "War of The Worlds?" Media is mind control...

Exactly. Which I why I want to snag a few before the media BS forces more legislation.

Throw the guns away and hold love within and all will be better, hold no fear or suspicion within and love will spread just as quickly as this fear nonsense.

WTF???? I'm all for peace and love but lets not get crazy...I'll tell ya what. I'll throw my gun down that second I hear the sound of every other gun in the world hitting the ground first.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
One should be alert when purchasing an AK 47.

A company in Russia states that it losses up to $400 Million a year due to sales of counterfeit AK-47s. The company reported that Venezuela is the only country that has an official license that allows for production of Kalashnikovs.

Though nobody ever said the counterfeit Kalashnikovs fire any less efficiently that the Russian or Venezuelan made AKs. It's just that if you go bragging you have a real AK, you might be embarrassed in a crowd when someone points out your AK is a counterfeit.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fondue

Yeah, a few seconds. But not when you are woken from sleep by a noise etc. It will take you those seconds at least just to realize what needs to be done. Do yourself a favor, and at least keep the mag in the gun while in the safe. I do. It is legal, where I am, but you should check to be sure.That way you only need to rack the slide and you are in business. I keep two handguns in a safe ( fast access) one is chambered and ready (decocked) the other is loaded with an empty chamber. Whatever you decide to do, do it the same always, and make sure to be aware of the conditions of your guns at all times. And if you are considering home defense, get the sight lines in your home, and absolutely know what is behind them. A .40 cal will blow right through most building materials i.e. walls and doors, even exterior ones in some cases. Be aware of others in your home, kids etc. and where they are. I recommend loading with frangible rounds as they will penetrate less in all materials. Welcome to the true American club...
edit on 12-3-2013 by Fondue because: Oh and get a good tactical flashlight and keep it next to the pistol...

If you live alone and plan on never letting curious children roam through your home unattended, then by all means leave that sucker loaded. However!!!! If you do have kids or nieces/nephews, etc..don't even fool around with fate. Just practice on accessing and loading in the dark or something. Get an ankle biter dog as a middle of the night warning system.

Don't become the tragic News at Eleven!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It's the same in Michigan where I live. My local gun shop opened at 8 am. I showed up at 8:25 am money in hand. It was almost to the point of being uncomfortable, there were so many people there. I waited a half hour to be waited on. I was shopping for a 9mm. The guy said we don't have any new 9mm, but we do have a few used ones. I asked when the new ones would be in, he said no idea. I ended up with a FN FNP9 a real sweetheart of a gun. Case, two mags, manual, just like a new gun. I paid $400.00 I feel I really got my money's worth. But all he had for ammo was defence stuff. $27.00 for 25 rounds. I passed on that. I was able to buy reloads at my local gun range. $16.00 for 50 rounds, and they seem to have plenty. Put 5 mags through without any trouble. It's crazy here too.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Congratz on your gun purchase! I always wanted an ar 15 and when all this 2nd amendment stuff started going down I was scared if I didn't act soon I might not get one. I did some more research and decided to go with the s&w M&p 15-22lr. Its my first gun, only ways 5.5 pounds, and the ammo and clips are alot cheaper than for an Ar.

Well after about a month of waiting it was finally in and the guy told me I was very lucky it was the only one that came in. I placed an order for an extra clip but he told me it could take some time. So in the mean time I ordered an off brand clip just to have an extra. I'm actually stopping by my gun store today to grab another box of ammo.

so far I went target practicing twice and I can't believe how fun it is......I have a new hobby!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Red riders are definitely illegal, their rate of fire is too great and they hold hundreds of rounds. The barrel is too short and seems to include a silencer. Big sis is sure to outlaw them.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Im a gun dealer in AZ and we have a lot of stuff. People get mad about our prices but its why we have inventory. A lot of dealers under sell their product to make a quick buck.

Firearms are a product that should never be sold less than MSRP and it contributes to a lot of people who shouldnt have weapons being able to purchase them.

I am a gun dealer and my rent is paid by my sales but from what I have seen, not everyone (in fact IMO only about 30%) should have the "right" to a firearm.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by YayMayorBee
Im a gun dealer in AZ and we have a lot of stuff. People get mad about our prices but its why we have inventory. A lot of dealers under sell their product to make a quick buck.

Firearms are a product that should never be sold less than MSRP and it contributes to a lot of people who shouldnt have weapons being able to purchase them.

I am a gun dealer and my rent is paid by my sales but from what I have seen, not everyone (in fact IMO only about 30%) should have the "right" to a firearm.

If you're a gun dealer and talk like that, then I have some coastal property for sale in AZ .. going cheap!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

...I don't plan it shooting it too often and really just wanted something simple for home protection...

I hope you reconsider this. If you want that weapon for home protection then shoot it often, be as familiar with it as the back of your hand. Anything else is just stupid. Practice practice practice. When TSHTF you'll be thankful you did.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Congrats on your purchase!

There is plenty of ammo out there is you are willing to pay the price. Just check out gunbroker.com
I think .22 ammo is still selling for a 300% to 400% premium.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by YayMayorBee

"Shall not be infringed"... Also "Innocent until proven guilty" comes to mind. It seems there is a growing movement to judge people because they might do something wrong... Sounds very anti-American to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join