It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Following

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Not sure how many watch this, but this show has recently become my new MUST SEE show each week. The acting is superb....nice little plot twists, and frankly, way darker than I thought for general public audiences...

If you haven't seen it, watch it on demand, and get caught up...it's great TV.

The base story is that an intelligent (genius really) serial killer goes to prison, but builds up a cult of followers. The guy who put him away is an FBI agent who is also involved with the killer's wife.

The killer escapes prison, and our FBI hero is called in to get him. The killer is a fan of Edgar Allen Poe, and has basically orchestrated all of these events (the escape, lots of killings, etc.) as the basis for a new novel he is writing, with the FBI agent (Ryan, played by Kevin Bacon) as the hero, and himself as the villain, of course.

Good supporting cast, but the villain is the real treat to watch, along with Bacon.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It's generally tough for me to get into a new series. If it doesn't just grab my attention right away then it's likely lost me for good. This one did just that! Great show so far.

edit: Post 1000

edit on 12-3-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: celebrate post 1000

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, my wife and I watch this show every week. She thinks its the best TV ever, and I pretty much agree. I really don't like all the blood and killing to be honest though. It does have the best story line I've seen on TV in some time, I'll say that much.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

That's where it grabs you...other than the two main guys, and the wife and kid....pretty much anyone else could bite it, or not be who you think they are, etc., who knows? Awesome story....

I still think the FBI head chick is in on it with Joe...and I don't think the cult knows it...I'm betting it's just between her and Joe. I could be off, but I think it's right.

Ryan really kicked some butt though, huh? Saved his bud, plugged 5 guys right out of the gate....damn!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You could be right about that FBI chick, it feels right, or at least like a really good twist. I agree with you, that's the best part, not knowing who could be in on it.

Ryan did get kick some ass didn't he? Pretty good for a guy with a bad ticker.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Forgot the other big revelation....Roderick. WOW...some setup there, Joe can walk around safely, no worries, etc. Crazy....Sheriff of the town...seriously? Of course, Ryan has seen him now...as has the kid. They have to no Roderick is placed somewhere in law enforcement. Couple that with some other data, and then look at faces, and BAM!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What? Who else saw that last episode? Holy crap!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I saw it! Yeah, blew my mind. Didn't see that one coming... I don't see how the show can go for much longer.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

I read an article that definitely hinted at a completely new storyline next season. My guess is that Ryan is back with the FBI and now tracking another one (or someone like Emma revitalizes the cult). For that to happen, his gal either has to be dead or in a coma, from a writer standpoint, otherwise he'd live happily ever after with her, etc.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I stoppe watching this at about eppisode 3 or 4 i dont really know why but can you tell me does it get better?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok
[mor

You're thinking exactly along the same lines as I have been as far as future story line goes.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

What? Me and the wife think it's the best show on TV since the first episode.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

It definitely builds.....and Ryan gets less stupid....while Joe unravels more (which is delicious to watch, as he acts it superbly).

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

well if he gets less stupid i might try getting into it again

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I decided to start watching this series after I became completely addicted to the "Closer", sadly in the middle of it's last season
I now on demand ALL the episodes that come on as re-runs but rarely get to catch one I haven't already seen. Anyway, the main character in the Closer played by Kyra Sedgewick who in real life is married to Kevin Bacon, the star of the "Following".

I figured the new series would be good if he was involved and so I set up my DVR to tape the Pilot and the series. I am no real T.V. fan, and would never plan my life around when "my shows" are coming on each week.

The sad part is when I FINALLY got around to watching the taped episodes (2 weeks ago) there was only one 2 episodes left to air
For some reason I only had those first 3 episodes taped!!! I did manage to get another recorded and have yet to watch the final one, but MAN am I P.O'd that somehow I didn't get ALL of them recorded!!!

It was, just as I had suspected a really well written and great series!!! I agree though, it was DARK

Anyway, I just try to watch them during daylight hours so as I don't have any trouble sleeping in the house at night alone lol... I have real issues and fear of KNIVES!!!! NOT the way I'd prefer to die, if you know what I mean.

Saw your thread and just wanted to say, Amen!!! Great show

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Glad to see another person turned on to this show. I agree with you about the knives! That's my worst nightmare to be stabbed or run through with a sword. I would much rather be shot with a gun...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have a co-worker who just cut her hair, and is pixi-ish, so now she looks just like "Emma" from this show. Creeps me out now...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

But Emma's hot... even with the creepiness! LOL!
edit on 5/9/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join