It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am begging you to vote for John F. Kerry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Um... you lost me here... each state has individual popular votes... and based on the population of that state thats how many electoral votes gets cast towards that winning president.

Actually many states do a 'winner takes all' setup, so all the electoral votes go to the winner of the popular vote, instead of splitting the electoral votes according to the popular vote, but some places are contesting this as we type. IMHO it obscures the real feelings of voters, because it makes a state that may have had a 1% difference seem as if its was packed to the gills with only the winning party, rather than a wire-close race.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
please vote for Kerry, Bush is a ignorant fool who will quite happily wreck the western world

VOTE KERRY

(see avatar)

[edit on 1-11-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
If I was American coudl I vote for myself?

I don't think Americans really choose their president.

#1 Electoral College votes for them and the electors can be 'faithless' voters not following the will of the majority...very risky.

#2 I don't believe the US Economy and Corporate Enterprises and Military Machine leave theiir future in the hands of a bunch of people who

1) have over 100 million chronically ill claimed by Kerry

2) have no idea of the truth of such international things including a 'terrorist attack' on their own soil and

3) ....fill in the blank, I'm sure you can think of a reason too.

00PS

the point of someone "anonomous" like yourself telling "we" the American people how we should vote.

Question: your country ?

We as the United States are forced to give our lives and our hard earned dollar to stop pigs and dictators because wherever your from you don't.

We are forced to take action so we do not recieve abuse from the groups that you allow to grow within your parts of the world.

We would love to live in the a pleasant life of family and friends with a lil lust and fun....but it seems we have so many complacent or weak partners in this world.

One simple question: Examine where the worlds troubles develope, then ask yourself are they solved there by the region of nations?

Then.....who is left to solve it? My countrymens blood is what has kept half this world solvent and emerging into any sort of real life.

I have a adversion for anonomous people from lands afar that judge my country.

t/y

Enigma

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The Fact of the matter is we do live on one globe.

Are you perhaps planning on blowing your particular chunk off the globe?

In two weeks time LA gets its own air pollution back after a trip around the globe.

If supposedly American president Bush is so concered with freedom, why is he infringing our American freedoms and claiming to be liberating Iraq however unsuccessfully, since of course they have No WMDs, No link to Al-Qaeda, No link to 911?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
As sweet as this thread is, I think everyone is forgetting a key factor...Bush doesn't need your vote to win.

Just like 2000 baby!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
These people you describe are only Anti-American, and there are plenty of groups around to counter their activities.. How does Iraq get involved in this anyway? They werent training terrorists to kill Americans.. that was Afghanistan, and Saudi Arabia, and Chechneya! And it's not like your helping the Russians in Chechneya.. is it?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
As sweet as this thread is, I think everyone is forgetting a key factor...Bush doesn't need your vote to win.

Just like 2000 baby!

Of course he doesnt, all he needs is a draw and the rest will follow just like clockwork and he will be appointed rather than elected, but then we've seen this play before havent we?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Americans need to be aware that power hungry politicians from both parties along with money hungry executives from multinational corporations pose a much greater threat to our liberties than any foreign terrorist does. If our freedoms are destroyed, it likely will not be by heat-seeking missiles from above but by freezing cold hearts from within.

more

This is something I believe....

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I vote for leaders with character and conviction. Not rich, east-coast elitist media darlings who have no core or honor.
Bush gets my vote.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
I vote for leaders with character and conviction. Not rich, east-coast elitist media darlings who have no core or honor.
Bush gets my vote.
DITTO!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Bush gets my vote.

Good point, I couldn't agree more, but you'll get a lot flack on this site for a comment like that

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Apoc,

Don't you mean you don't vote for Preppie East Coast Rich boys,
who haven't been brain damaged by drugs and alcohol and affect a Texas accent?

could there be an error in your statement?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I vote for leaders with character and conviction. Bush gets my vote

Again, they've all been to classes to express those traits!
character and conviction are things easily attainable if they don't exist in your heart. when will people break free of the status quo/ mainstream thinking??

I'm tired... oh so tired... of having sex... with my own brain...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Apoc,

Don't you mean you don't vote for Preppie East Coast Rich boys,
who haven't been brain damaged by drugs and alcohol and affect a Texas accent?

could there be an error in your statement?

Many people have had "experience" in real life....as did many that have lead people. I've lived thru 11 Preisidents...(yep I'm gettin up there)...but I must say, because someone has had some experience with life can only be a good thing if they have curbed it and used that experience.

I'd be able to tell a few tales that might make you wonder but all true...I know this: I trust a man that speaks from his experience......not from a man that makes it up......Kerry is a story teller and his record is open to see.

He is abscent as a senator....O

you wish this man to lead the most powerful nation in the world?

Understand this: That is why the people of other nations wish him to be our leader.

He is apathetic!

He has nothing to lose, he is married to a woman with 175 milllion dollars

He is ELITE

we are the people.......GWB is a home boy.....cut yourself a moment of thought..

get it right.....

*edit needed to add "T" to thought*

[edit on 1-11-2004 by enigmalone]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It made me think of the old saying, "beggars can't be choosy". And why beg? Has it come to this point...begging?
Shouldn't you be making a SOLID case instead?

I guess you know who'll get my vote.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Bush a home boy? now thats nice. Since you bring Kerry's finances into it, ask Frau Bush for the family tax forms once and see how much money they have. Probably in the same ballpark with thier highly lucrative connections to people such as the Saudi Royal Family, as well as the bin Laden family both of which are quite rich to say the least.

Truthfully I would like to see a man in office who has never in his life had more than 500,000$ net worth then you can call that man (or woman for that matter) a home boy or down to earth. Millionares are not the home boys of this nation; the top 1% of america pay-wise makes more than the 99% left over put together!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
From what I've seen of Kerry, he's prepared to change his stances when situations change. Whereas Bush and Blair havent been able to apologize for WMD in Iraq, I'm sure Kerry would have if he had made the mistake.
P.s. I'm not American.

I personally feel that if Bush stays in power any longer, people like me and you are going to be less and less secure by the day.

Why hasnt someone started up the Western version of Al-Qaeda, to go bomb Muslims?
that's a joke btw..

Thats a good question....I have often wondered myself. I mean, plenty of terminally ill people out there. The gov could offer them the chance to make a difference.....pay their families well, anyway....

Anyway. I am not voting for Bush. But so far, Kerry hasn't given me a single reason to vote for him. He seems pretty dangerous to me. Election is tommorow. Until someone can miraculously pull something out of their ass that will redeem Kerry in my eyes, I shall vote for Badnarik.

But I have a feeling that Kerry might win this election. Call it 70% certainty, though it is very likely I am wrong.

I am seeing parallels between this election and the 1992 Bush-Clinton Election.

1. The country elected a slick, smooth talker over a dignified, once favored president. I have noticed Kerry is REALLY smooth, slick, a good orator, like Clinton was. Bush used to be the favorite, now he is locked head to head.

2. America elected Clinton even though Bush had sucessfully completed the Gulf war. The issue was economy. The economy sucked back then. the economy sucks now. And this war was far from successful.

3.Kerry;s questionable actions in Vietnam won't hurt him that bad. Clinton dodged the draft and he got elected.

4. The continued failures in Iraq, the drain its causing on the economy, and the lives of soldiers we are wasting, isn't really helping Bush.

5. The Bin laden tape. I have seen the reaction. It is not one of fear of Bin ladens annoying and pointless threats, as the media hysteria would like to stir up. Its the fact that there even was a Bin laden tape. The Bin laden tape, after all this time assuming he was dead or incapacitated, showed the country Bin laden is still alive. After all this time, the man responsible for the biggest mass killing in American history, lives, and is in good shape. The war on terror hasnt even put a friggin dent in the beast. This has not gone un-noticed. Even to Bush supporters.

I just feel like this very well could be a Kerry victory, but dont hold me to it, tis still a tight race. I just think, after looking at the facts and peoples reactions and opinions, Kerry might very well win.

Not that i support him. I feel doomed no matter who wins, really, and will not breathe a sigh of relief either way. But that will not stop me for making a point and voting, even if certain mental midgets believe my vote to be wasted.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
These people you describe are only Anti-American, and there are plenty of groups around to counter their activities.. How does Iraq get involved in this anyway? They werent training terrorists to kill Americans.. that was Afghanistan, and Saudi Arabia, and Chechneya! And it's not like your helping the Russians in Chechneya.. is it?

Thank you.

Do you see that folks?

SAUDI ARABIA.

Iraq did not train, fund, or create the terrorists who murdered 3000 of us on 9/11. 15 of the 19 were Saudis. Not a single Iraqi on the friggin list.

Bin laden is a Saudi. The Bin laden clan are saudis.

And Bush is REALLY tight with the Bin laden clan and the Al-Sauds. Bush loves them so much, I am sure when he visits, he gives them a complementary leg humping.

The Saudis fund 80% of the terrorism you see. the create the nut jobs and the ideology that stimulates it. they produced Bin Laden and Wahabiism.

When Khobar towers were bombed, the Saudis did nothing, even told Clinton to go to hell when he wanted cooperation in the investigation. The Saudis are like that. They have two hands. One hand rubs and carresses cooperate America as they line one another's pockets. The other hand carries a dagger to be plunged in the back of the rest of America. they are about as two-faced as you can get.

And Bush is a friend of them. he dared named them "allies" against terror, when they themselves are responsible for most of it. Bush is a friend to the Saudis. Bush is a friend to the Bin-Ladens.

Bush is a friend to terrorism. Bush humps the legs of the cash cows behind terror.

So anyone voting for Bush on the security issue is a fool. Bush is strongly allied with the enemy. He cares more about the Al-Sauds than he does you. Saudi Arabia and its oil is more important to him than America.

Of course, in all fairness, I know little about Kerry and the Saudis, how he stands. if he is anything like Clinton, I am quite afraid. When Khobar was bombed, Clinton let the Saudis walk right over him. And continued to keep American troops there to defend that dump.

So, your choice. A man who befirends the wellspring of terrorism, or a slave.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

And I suppose (now proven) illegally invading....

I will not vote for a man who wanted to gut intelligence and weapons systems.

During peacetime...yeah, what a monster...

- The war in Iraq is NOT illegal. Just because Koffi Annan
(who is up to his eyeballs in 'illegal' with his participation in
the theft of billions from the Oil for Food program) says it
is illegal, doesn't make it so.

- Yes, he IS a monster. You don't wait for war to say ...
gee, I need some weapons.

It'll take YEARS to get them approved through the senate,
to get the funding, to build the facilities to make them,
to make them, to test them, to readjust them, etc. etc.
By the time a country gets around to making weapons ..
the war is over and that country has lost and it's people
are dead.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmalone

Originally posted by Bout Time
I had many reservations about a stolen election, but then I remembered something: We have a man in John Kerry who was an Officer of the Court before he got into politics. He broke down crime rings & put away scumbags of both the white & no-collar variety. He also brought down the Republican Iran/Contra crime ring. This man has already taken steps to legally confront any illegality.
So the voter turnout will be tremendous, It will be for Kerry. Bush will be gone.
And the biggest most unsuspected bloc putting Kerry over the top? Disgruntled Conservatives who despise the highjacking of the Republican party by Neo-Conservatives!

Read about them Here

*quote*Officer of the Court

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join