It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am begging you to vote for John F. Kerry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I do tend to lean towards the Libertarian viewpoint but, i repeat but, they are just a little to extreme for me at the moment.

Maybe someday, when they have a candidate who isn't quite so "extreme," (sorry about the choice of words) I'll cast my vote that way.

In the meantime, FOX news wnats me to vote Bush, so I'm going to

That was sarcasm btw

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Expunged by the president, adn that is some kind of terrible misdeed? Kerry is a combat veteran, he went to vietnam. Yeah he asked for a deferment, would you like some statistics on how many guys applied for deferments, or can we just take my word, there was alot of people that didn't want to go. He went though, and was decorated, served in combat, you know a decorated veteran. Bush didn't even show up for his obligations to fortunate son status. How can you with a straight face compare the two by measure of their service to this country. While other men went and took bullets, Bush drank, did drugs. while his dad "Poppy Bush" and Johnston pulled the same thing that Bush and Rumsfeld pulled then. We had no business in the Indochina Opium Wars, no legitimate reasons at any rate. Kerry and just about any veteran or educated person can tell you that. Air America? The last I heard, decorated veterans deserved respect for their service. Kerry protested, the whole damn country protested. Uncle Sam was shooting people in Ohio for protesting, it wasn't a very pretty America and Kerry told the world why.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I have a family, and I trust my families safety to President Bush.

And I suppose (now proven) illegally invading a soveriegn nation under false pretenses, over-stretching America's military might, and fostering more and more US hatred in the Middle East is accomplishing this? I suppose you enjoy sacrificing freedoms for the illusion of safety?

I work and want to keep more of MY money to take care of my family. So I am voting for President Bush.

Then you must make over 200k a year. If you make less, you are non-existant to Mr. Bush, with the sole exception of the $300 please vote for me tax reimbursement.

I can plan my retirement better than the government, with President Bush, I will have a choice of what happens with a portion of my Social Security.

Bush has already spent the budget surplus and gone into defecit. We'll be lucky to even HAVE Social Security if he's in office another 4 years, let alone have any say in what happens to it...

Marriage is a union between one man and one woman, I believe President Bush will keep it that way.

Wow, sure must be slow getting to work in a horse and buggy...as this seems to be the time frame you're coming from...

I will not vote for a man who gets a scratch and demands a Purple Heart.

But you'll vote for one who went AWOL, and had daddy pull strings to stay out of 'Nam?

I will not vote for a man who wanted to gut intelligence and weapons systems.

During peacetime...yeah, what a monster...

I will not vote for a man who wants global permission before making important security decisions.

Not permission, but at least approval and understanding.... I suppose you enjoy being reviled by everyone beyond our borders....??? Not me. Personally, I can't stand that our representative to the world is a mental midget.

I could go on and on, but the safety and security of my family and the United States of America depends on President Bush getting reelected.

With Bush re-elected, we'll be lucky to even BE the United States of America in 2008... If Bush gets re-elected, we're headed full force into WWIII. During which, I have no doubt that emergency legislation will be enacted to put off a 2008 vote, as we'll be in a state of war... Bush = security??? Yeah...ok...

I understand this might put me in a difficult position as a "newb" on this board.....but I think I'd enjoy knowing abit more about you as a Mod with these "solid" expressions on your point of view about these topics.

You believe everything you are attempting to recount from these posts?

show your clear evidence and I will be open to discuss them and be educated.

I'm not looking to make war, but again this is spin your spewing as do the politico's....so please enlighten me.

t/y Enigma

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i am being told that i should vote for 1 of 2 evils.....why....the only reason that these are your 2 choices is that, that is the way the american political system has forced on you........sorry...i'm not wasting my vote on 1 of 2 VERY bad desicions..

also..why is it that the dems seem to be the ones 'begging' for you to vote????

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I haven't found a candidate so patethic and phony as Kerry. He should be selling cars, not rallying for President. He's yadayadayadaing his way to Office. He always has a plan for this or that or the other. He is the typical charlatan. He would be a good candidate for a South American country not the US. C'mon that's the best candidate Democrats had to offer?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If I was American coudl I vote for myself?

I don't think Americans really choose their president.

#1 Electoral College votes for them and the electors can be 'faithless' voters not following the will of the majority...very risky.

#2 I don't believe the US Economy and Corporate Enterprises and Military Machine leave theiir future in the hands of a bunch of people who

1) have over 100 million chronically ill claimed by Kerry

2) have no idea of the truth of such international things including a 'terrorist attack' on their own soil and

3) ....fill in the blank, I'm sure you can think of a reason too.

00PS

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Expunged by the president, adn that is some kind of terrible misdeed? Kerry is a combat veteran, he went to vietnam. Yeah he asked for a deferment, would you like some statistics on how many guys applied for deferments, or can we just take my word, there was alot of people that didn't want to go. He went though, and was decorated, served in combat, you know a decorated veteran. Bush didn't even show up for his obligations to fortunate son status. How can you with a straight face compare the two by measure of their service to this country. While other men went and took bullets, Bush drank, did drugs. while his dad "Poppy Bush" and Johnston pulled the same thing that Bush and Rumsfeld pulled then. We had no business in the Indochina Opium Wars, no legitimate reasons at any rate. Kerry and just about any veteran or educated person can tell you that. Air America? The last I heard, decorated veterans deserved respect for their service. Kerry protested, the whole damn country protested. Uncle Sam was shooting people in Ohio for protesting, it wasn't a very pretty America and Kerry told the world why.

Here twitchy, I know you probably won't read much of this stuff because it isn't something you would like to hear. But here some interesting articles that pertain to your decorated war hero.

ice.he.net...

[edit on 1-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vladtepes
He is the typical charlatan. He would be a good candidate for a South American country not the US. C'mon that's the best candidate Democrats had to offer?

I think he won by default just like clinton did...
kerry was 4th down the list... what happened??
apprantly dems would of rather had dean... but he screamed his way out of the race. yyeeeeahh!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice

Flyers Fan
No he isn't. No we don't.
We are not in the One World Order. We are not a United Earth.

Oh please I was being ironic.

OH! Good! Phew!
I thought you were serious!
Never mind!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Only as much as the goverment and media allow you. [ sarcasam ]Remember, your vote counts, but only if you pick one of the two choices, anything else and you get to burn in hell [/ sarcasam ]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
From what I've seen of Kerry, he's prepared to change his stances when situations change. Whereas Bush and Blair havent been able to apologize for WMD in Iraq, I'm sure Kerry would have if he had made the mistake.
P.s. I'm not American.

I personally feel that if Bush stays in power any longer, people like me and you are going to be less and less secure by the day.

Why hasnt someone started up the Western version of Al-Qaeda, to go bomb Muslims?
that's a joke btw..

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
I am begging for you to vote for John F. Kerry.

I have listened to him speak and he is a good, thoughtful and caring man.

Are we talking about the same Kerry, dude? I don't see how you see what you see in the man. I just don't see good qualities in him. Not that Bush is my hero, but Kerry....I just can't see him as a leader.....period.
Having a convicted chile molester be your daughter godfather doesn't speak of good, thoughtful and caring to me.

And, BTW, Osama wants me to vote for Kerry, too

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I haven't found a candidate so patethic and phony as Kerry. He should be selling cars, not rallying for President. He's yadayadayadaing his way to Office. He always has a plan for this or that or the other. He is the typical charlatan. He would be a good candidate for a South American country not the US. C'mon that's the best candidate Democrats had to offer?

DITTO

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've also got another point to raise..
Americans always say 'Bush has made us more safe since 9/11 and we have not had a single death to terrorism since..'
How many people died to Al-Qaeda before 9/11? How many attacks have they ever launched on American soil?
Now, look at how many American soldiers are being killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, and compare that pre-9/11..

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
apprantly dems would of rather had dean... but he screamed his way out of the race. yyeeeeahh!

Don't you remember...Dean was set up by the media on that one. The audio was distorted to make him come off as a loony.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
I do tend to lean towards the Libertarian viewpoint but, i repeat but, they are just a little to extreme for me at the moment.

Maybe someday, when they have a candidate who isn't quite so "extreme," (sorry about the choice of words) I'll cast my vote that way.

In the meantime, FOX news wnats me to vote Bush, so I'm going to

That was sarcasm btw

I know... my fox news was sarcasm too... looks like theirs alot of it in this thread today... the constitution party is very very good, if the lp is too extreme.. I do enjoy their platform.. like i said lp's and const are my two fav parties...
www.consitutionparty.org... (i think)

as a republican you may find that party to fit you like a glove...
Just giving you options as I know major media won't... could be because dems spend 70 milloin on ads, and reps spent 120 mill... third parties don't have that much money.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by bigdanprice

Flyers Fan
No he isn't. No we don't.
We are not in the One World Order. We are not a United Earth.

Oh please I was being ironic.

OH! Good! Phew!
I thought you were serious!
Never mind!

Wow I thought it was obviously ironic, I either made a mistake or americans just dont get british humour. Anyway No hard feelings!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

I don't think Americans really choose their president.

#1 Electoral College votes for them and the electors can be 'faithless' voters not following the will of the majority...very risky.

Um... you lost me here... each state has individual popular votes... and based on the population of that state thats how many electoral votes gets cast towards that winning president.

This system makes sure that a state like Nebraska can can have a voice in the Presidential election instead of just New York and California.

Its a great system that every democrat wants to get rid of.

P.S. that first link is a dead one Truelies

[edit on 1-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

C'mon that's the best candidate Democrats had to offer?

NO! That's the strange thing! Gephardt and Lieberman
are qualified to be president. They are rather trustworthy
and have actually shown up for Senate duty (whereas Kerry
was AWOL 70+% of the time). Lieberman understands
America's defense needs. Gephardt, while too close to
liberal Hollywood for my tastes, could do the job of
President.

How the heck did Kerry got nominated ?????????
There are MANY more qualified to be president than him!

Heck ... I'd even take BIDEN over Kerry!
(Plagerism and all)

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Lets just hope every one votes that is the important thing, and that all votes get counted...

VOTE DUKAKIS!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join