It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman shooter may be given drugs to testity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

IF the gunman allegedly behind the Colarado theatre shooting does not plead guilty to the massacre, he could be given truth serum to determine whether he is insane.

District Judge William Sylvester, who is overseeing the case, said Holmes could be given the serum to determine whether he was legally insane at the time of the shootings on July 20.

This is probably the first time I've really believed that there's more to this, if the judge is looking at drugging this man during the court case in order to get the responses they want.

Holmes' lawyers objected to the order, arguing that a narcoanalytic interview and polygraph violates his rights.

Judge Sylvester said he took the suggestions of both the defence and prosecution into account however he did not address the defence's objections to the truth serum and polygraph.

Can anyone clarify if this is standard procedure?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I've wondered from the day I saw him in court. What turned someone that his academic contacts described as above average and highly intelligent in a very challenging neuro- graduate program into the neurological space case pictured there?

How did that space case turn his apartment into an IED complex enough for the Feds to be exceptionally cautious with and actually attack from the outside in? (I'm still waiting to see decent pictures of that IED set up. It'll come out in court, I imagine)

Something is very wrong here ...and it's not (or it's more than) a conspiracy. His academics in the grad program is no conspiracy ... but that shell of a person doesn't fit anything like it? The lights are on but no one's home. That's an old saying from a TV commercial ...but never fit a person better than that guy. It makes no sense...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it's a standard procedure; it seems like it would technically be a violation of the defendants 5th amendment, against self incrimination. I saw a recent story that Holmes was held in restraints quite often at a Denver hospital, to keep from him harming himself because he was constantly banging his head into a wall...of course this could be an excuse to cover possible abuses at the facility too.

The public is demanding a jury trial; this cannot take place if the defendant is found mentally unstable or incompetent to understand the crime...insanity becomes the motive for the actions. If he is given these drugs; then that can force the trial to happen. If not or he is found insane before the shootings; then there will be a private trial sentencing him to a mental health facility for treatment with a cocktail of injections ordered by the state...then it will be left to a psychologist to pick apart whatever is to be found in there and form a profile.

So either he can sit in prison and get state mandated injections or an institution and get them; either way...the out come is essentially the same unless he get a death sentence. Which honestly may be more compassionate than him sitting around for decades getting pumped full of drugs.

In my opinion he built up a semi functioning delusional construct; and some delusion led him into that theater, what the expected theater out come was supposed to be in his delusional world...who's to say? Fame? Glory? The downfall of Gotham as an agent of chaos? If they figure it out in therapy maybe we will get to hear it...either way, it's sad what happened to everyone in the theater and their families; as well as sad for this seemingly bright young man.

What is done is done at this point; yelling for blood and demonizing things people say are an influence...is not going to change anything. People can build delusional constructs no matter what influence, nothing is a singular cause it is a culmination of poor coping mechanisms that grew over time...the things people want to demonize probably offered some therapy that helped as an outlet, keeping him and people like him from snapping sooner...sadly enough over time a delusional construct born from coping solidifies enough to culminate into something destructive to self and others.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

dunno twitch, don't look like the same person.. similar, but not the same.

Also, if this was a government op, why would they so blatantly put someone who was on camera as a parent/teacher then as the lawyer? surely there would be plenty more ''crisis actors'' ?

seems reckless.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'd be keenly interested in knowing how my post was off topic.

top topics

join