It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male / Female Yin / Yang, Symbols needed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So here, I made a chart, would anyone be interested in creating symbols for the following four traits?

Additional Information:

Yin and Yang. There is always a bit of Yin and Yang in the opposing dominant side.

Male and female.

The solid line represents yang, the creative principle. The open line represents yin, the receptive principle.

I Ching: Hexagrams

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have found that recently, I can identify a person by whether or not they are a yin (receptive, physical type who makes decisions based on experience) or a yang (dominant trait being access to thoughts outside the physical realm, making decisions based on beliefs). Traditionally, males were thought of as Yang, gay males as Yin, lesbian females as Yang and straight females as Yin.

These days, I have noticed that there tends to be a romantic pairing between Yin and Yang partners. I have noticed a lot of dominant males with Yin qualities who pick Yang females (maybe crew cuts, shy, less focused on looks and more on intellect, less socially adept).

The homosexual lead singer in my band is a Yin, and I am mostly a Yin, and his husband is a Yang. As a Yin male, I find myself hanging out with Yang males and Yin males in different ways, however I would prefer to date a Yang female and I am already friends with Yin females without much trouble.

In addition, there are ways to practice being assertive as a Yin character, such as being perceptive of your surroundings, using empirical evidence to make decisions on a case-by-case basis and being mostly immune to duality, being good at communicating facts to Yang characters who may have belief systems that aren't in touch with reality but do assist in forming clans with similar viewpoints in all situations.

There is a lot of opportunity for this even in gaming - for example, as a Yin gamer, being aware of the current situation and making decisions based on that, or being agile in a shooter game, or adapting to the situation in Starcraft, while a Yang gamer would be more likely to make long-term plans in a strategy game like Risk, use temporal strategy in a shooter game, and have ridiculously complicated build orders in Starcraft.

A yin gamer that knows his yang principles can flow with the combat and situations in Starcraft as easily as water flows through a river, being aware of and taking advantage of the opponents' weaknesses at instantaneous speeds.

As far as gaming goes, I prefer to spend a while learning the different Yang strategies and principles before using that as a building block for Yin game-play - if you can use the powers of Yin while building off a strong Yang foundation, you can DOMINATE at gaming.

I can give you an example of this. In Magic: The Gathering, I spent around 10 years developing complicated strategies and deck types.

However, during a draft, I will pick my color based on the situation at hand (which color is available) and be constantly adapting my picks based on the situation. For example, I will never say "I need to pick creatures next" but I might look at the cards I am handed and, based on a few things like how many creatures I have, what colors I have, the mana costs of cards I already have, what I might be lacking, whether I want efficiency, card advantage or an inefficiently-priced bomb at this instant in time.

Using this strategy, I have gone undefeated 8 rounds in a row before. It is all about energy flow. You need to be aware of what the universe is handing you to work with, and you can develop this skill to the point where you can begin to perceive the future as a Yin, although that takes the opposite of predicting the future as a Yang - it takes clearing your mind and being open to the universe and your surroundings and noticing statistical inconsistencies, and being aware of the fact that coincidences don't exist - they are simply relationships that most people don't understand at the moment. However, this is what divination is, and it is capable of predicting things that the Yang cannot.

Some of my friends, on the other hand, decide beforehand on the colors they wish to play and the strategies they wish to use - this results in much less optimal picks, as they are forcing an ideal into a situation where it does not fit, while I am making an "ideal" out of a situation, noticing what the situation is telling me, for example, instead of focusing on my ideals.

This came up in a game of Pathfinder the other day. I like to collect trinkets from the team loot, and I pulled a bag of dice and a statue. The reasoning for this is my play-style is based on more Taoist principles. I am interested in tools that might be of use in that kind of situation - it turns out the dice were enchanted, and I could use things like that statue to bribe someone or as a gift in the future, if the opportunity presents itself.
edit on 12-3-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Very interesting read, but it leads me to wonder something. Do you believe the qualities of yin vs. yang are changeable, is it determined by nurture or nature, and can it change through life experience? Originally I would have said that I was yin according to your description here, but that was only when I was younger. I am now nearly 40, married, and have four boys. Over the years I have become keenly aware of slight personality changes and I process my thinking differently than I used to in order to better communicate with four boys and my husband. The male mind seems to work quite differently than a woman's so I have adapted in order to better communicate and make for a smoother better running home over all. I have become a mix of the two, but I don't believe this would have happened on it's own without being put in a position of living with so many males. Admittedly I started out having a stronger personality than most women, I'm a Sagittarius through and through.

I can't help but think that a 'type' can be changed by the influence the opposing 'type' over a period of time. Maybe quantity is a part of it as I am around 5 males and I don't notice it nearly as much in my friends who have only 1 yang male child and their spouse, or essentially only two yang personalities vs in my family there seem to be a lot of yang male personalities that have influenced things. Would you get more of a yin male if assuming they were by nature a yang male, but raised in a home of many yin females?

I guess basically what I am asking is if you believe a person can be both possess both traits yin and yang. Do you think that a trait can be changed or influenced by it's opposing trait?

Oh the things I ponder when I should be sleeping.

edit on 12-3-2013 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

How about this?

www.wpclipart.com...

Not very curvy and sexy, but it is symbolic.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Anything which can be found by searching "69" in google with safesearch "off".. *scnr*

But seriously: Reality isn't just "black/white" or "yin/yang", there are more than 50 shades of white/black-mixture. Okay, this sounds like a joke, but it wasn't intended - even in genetics there are more mixes than "xx" and "xy", there are women with "xxy" and so on.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

I guess basically what I am asking is if you believe a person can be both possess both traits yin and yang. Do you think that a trait can be changed or influenced by it's opposing trait?

Oh the things I ponder when I should be sleeping.

I definitely think that someone can possess both Yin and Yang, this is the only reason I know the difference between them - I never even experienced any Yin until around 5 years ago, when I started having terrible nightmares and felt like I was being pulled out of my body. Ever since then, I have been Yin -

I am also definitely prone to having Yang "flashbacks" or can initiate it if I wish.

Once again, if I had not been able to experience both, I would not know the difference between them. Also, mixed states are possible, I imagine, based on my experiences. I think it is more like a spectrum like someone posted above.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I seriously think that symbol is bad ass. Thanks. Can you find any more?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

How about the World Egg?

The serpent is the Earth, Sky, and Universe (dark, heavy, cold, and wrapped about the egg).
The egg is the Sun, seed, and the child (bright, light, warm, and wrapped in the serpent)

The Serpent is the Divine Feminine (Sky, Sea, Space) and the Egg is the Divine Masculine (Sun, Seed, Stalk). The Serpent comes from the Egg, but also protects the Egg, allowing a new Serpent to be born, which lays a new Egg. An endless cycle like the Oroborous.

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

join