Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Feculent, polluted China: The exodus is happening

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Dead pigs create new health scare for Chinese



More than 3,000 diseased pig carcasses are reported to be clogging up several kilomentres of a river that supplies Shanghai's drinking water. It's the latest health scare in a country where pollution levels are prompting increasing public outcry.


ABC AU Podcast



What should be noted here is that, anecdotally, 80% of "affluent" Chinese have foreign passports and most send their progeny overseas for study, thus paving the way for starting a new life abroad; away from the rank wasteland their over-industrialised country is fast becoming.

A number like 1.35 billion could potentially yield a lot of Sino immigrants for the West to house...




posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Can't the Chinese government see what they are doing to nature. The Chinese used to be very aware people before, has the persuit of money blinded them.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic
 


I have had Chinese, Japanese and Korean exchange students. All of them came here for the experience, University and to learn English. None have ever moved back here or even came back for a visit. I don't think we have to worry about an exodus.



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I had a friend who could not get a break in America. He went to China and became a school teacher. Got many jobs, traveled the country and started his own Bar and Grill. Uncle Joes All American Bar and Grill. It was the Chinese version of an immigrant starting his own American Dream.



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012
 


Yeah, they just come here to fill a dossier.
To spy on you and figure out how to make a cheaper Superman Suit.
And Ultimately, put you out of business.

No Worries though, They will leave you a Fortune Cookie.
I am not so sure that you will like what it says however.

Maybe when they start carving up the National forests into Chopsticks you will believe me.
Industrious People, The Chinese.

I am to this day a reader of Lao Tzu. HooHaa



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Can't the Chinese government see what they are doing to nature. The Chinese used to be very aware people before, has the persuit of money blinded them.


Whom isn't blinded by greed? Why would the Chinese be any exception where every other establishment has succumbed?

We are lost to the Earth; humanity will run its destructive course and cease to exist. The planet will persist after we are gone. Good riddance.



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
I have had Chinese, Japanese and Korean exchange students. All of them came here for the experience, University and to learn English. None have ever moved back here or even came back for a visit. I don't think we have to worry about an exodus.

The Japanese and Korean are nothing like the Chinese. For starters, they haven't lived under communist rule for half a century.


Originally posted by groingrinder
I had a friend who could not get a break in America. He went to China and became a school teacher. Got many jobs, traveled the country and started his own Bar and Grill. Uncle Joes All American Bar and Grill. It was the Chinese version of an immigrant starting his own American Dream.

Corruption provides for fertile money-making ground, to be sure. Too bad the environment cannot always be fixed with money. And if the Chinese do not arrest their environmental degradation, it won't be long until Mr Sloppy Joes will hightailing back to the U.S., alongside millions of emigrating Chinese. The inability to breathe tends to have that effect



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic
 





The Japanese and Korean are nothing like the Chinese. For starters, they haven't lived under communist rule for half a century.

Doesn't matter, just making a point that they all acted the same when placed in the same situation. Now you have me wondering what point you were attempting to make?



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 


The US government doesn't why expect it from any other government



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by CristobalColonic
 





The Japanese and Korean are nothing like the Chinese. For starters, they haven't lived under communist rule for half a century.

Doesn't matter, just making a point that they all acted the same when placed in the same situation. Now you have me wondering what point you were attempting to make?

I think his point was that they're extremely different cultures, and regarding them as identical because of a learning environment in common isn't exactly polite? That's how I took it anyway, I lived in South Korea and have a Chinese step-parent, it stuck out to me from experience making that mistake before.
Kinda like saying Americans are leaving in droves for some other country, but the other Europeans in the same class didn't return to that choice country after their studies were over. Same idea, different cultures, languages, etc.



posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I've done a thread on it (though with an old stat). Rezlooper's explanation sounds quite reasonable for me.


www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's another thread in BTS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by Wildmanimal
 


We don't really have fortune cookies. That's just a peculiarity practised by Western restaurateurs...
edit on 13/3/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)
edit on 13/3/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Correction:

It was 6000 pig carcasses. ...but the water is still okay to drink, if you believe the Chinese govt..



posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by superman2012
 

Maybe when they start carving up the National forests into Chopsticks you will believe me.
Industrious People, The Chinese.


I've been thinking for quite awhile that the Great Lakes and all our Michigan National Forests may be prime Chinese real estate soon.

It would be hard for me to believe this 30 years ago, fresh out of high school. I think back fondly of my (more or less) innocent, carefree days now.



posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah
 


Well, if we can't get over my comparing 2 cultures/races to the one being discussed and drawing a parallel saying what I have learned from my experience, then I guess we can get stuck on the racist undertones of my statement.

All I was meaning to say is that, in my experience, they come here to learn, not to move here.






top topics



 
3

log in

join