It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland fireball explodes with shockwave and Tasmanian light from sky burns ground

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Several more fireballs have been reported last week, but the most interesting one is this fireball witnessed over Poland for about four seconds. Witnesses said that about 30 seconds after the light disappeared, they heard and felt the shockwave.

Latest reports of fireballs

A lot of people witnessed the phenomenal show, which could have ended dramatically. What most likely was a meteor appeared in the sky and was seen for about 5 seconds across almost all of Poland in a cloudless and starry sky. It gave off a green colour. About 30 seconds after it disappeared, one could hear a mighty roar that spread around like a shock wave," wrote one YouTube surfer going by the name Anikifadia1.

There are two other fireballs posted from Virginia and California in the article above along with this chart that shows the rise in meteor reports to the American Meteor Society. I've posted this information in another thread where I present a theory on why the increase in fireballs. Here's the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is also reported to have been a fireball/meteor, but it was a strange light that came down and left a burned patch in the ground.

Tasmanian police and firefighters are unable to explain the source of a beam of light which reportedly fell from the sky and formed a circle of fire in a Hobart suburb. Early yesterday morning police and fire crews received calls from concerned residents in Carnegie Street at Claremont, who reported seeing a bright light igniting a fire in a nearby paddock. Tasmania Fire Service officer Scott Vinen says the blaze was quickly put out, leaving an obvious burnt patch. He says the bizarre incident has everyone baffled. "Once we put the fire out, we kind of walked through the fire and tried to find something," he said. "We thought a flare or something may have landed there, but we couldn't find any cause." The Fire Service says it will not investigate further.

Strange times indeed!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Any chance of finding pieces of either one dya think?
I am suprised there arent more finds considering the fireballs are all well witnessed...like the huge on in Russia.....
I wonder if they are all part of the Oort cloud or if they are comming in train from some particular quadrant of space.....
Could there be more than pone oort cloud? another harder to see band of chunks out there?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Tasmania fireball likely a US Defense Dept exercise

An aerospace expert advised Cairns News to contact the US Department of Defence for comment about their black operations.

Link

Just this..........

The Hobart US base in Question is at the bottom.

US Base Tasmania

edit on 12-3-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have an idea of why we are seeing fireballs, asteroids and meteors and meterorites. Since we are in the year of the comets, as some are calling it, These bodys usually travel with companions they have picked up due tothe comets gravity. Well, these are probably their companions. I'm afraid that we are probably going to see more of this as the year goes on. So much for all the 2012 hype, they were a year off.

edit on 12-3-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a bright beam of light hit the ground and caused a grass fire?... what like lightning?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Here one nobody saw coming also
March 7, 2013 @ Valasske Mezirici, Czech Republic
spaceweather.com...

Here the vid

youtu.be...
edit on 12-3-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Also here in Japan Mar 5
sonotaco.jp...

Ho here is mine from Feb 23/2013

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Also here a few more from Japan

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
i wonder how much weight the Earth gains each year from comet and asteroid impacts on our atmosphere? Anyone know that number? I am curious to know how much the Earth gains in weight from all of these impacts. Perhaps the theory of the growing Earth is an artifact of our comet and asteroid impacts every year.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

An aerospace expert advised Cairns News to contact the US Department of Defence for comment about their black operations.

Link

Just this..........

US Base Tasmania

Why would someone want to suggest to contact Cairns news?.

Cairns is a very long way from Tasmania

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well it could be an exercise. The military could be working on directing space rocks and testing their accuracy. They would be using small enough rocks so it wouldn't cause damage anyway, since they are just practicing, calibrating, etc., for now.

Ex Nazi head of US rocket programs stated that, after rogue nations (vietnam, Korea, Iraq), and then terrorism, space threats would be perpetrated by the government in an effort to utilize the resulting fear. Supposedly we would have to join all the world's resources to stop this threat, and a world government would then ensue.

And coincidentally, we have meteors going on all over the place now, 12.5 years after the pinnacle moment of the terrorist craze... Maybe this space threat can be sustained a bit longer. We can't very well do anything if we are facing a great cloud of meteors. And it will take a while to build the weapons network in space. It will be like a defense net surrounding the planet.

And, by miraculous leap of convenience, these weapons could also be turned around to be used on anything that might pose a danger to our great society on the earth. Hey, in fact, in order to make back some of that money spent on this array, why not contract it out to law enforcement? They could zap a person, car, building, any target, with precision accuracy, and from nearly every possible angle. And, after all, the meteors coincidentally all but came to a halt not too long after we got the array finished... Oh, they came long enough to get some great photo ops of some killer meteors being destroyed/diverted, thus proving the wisdom of deciding to build it.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Link

Just this..........

US Base Tasmania

Why would someone want to suggest to contact Cairns news?.

Cairns is a very long way from Tasmania

I think you should read it again Magma! Cairns News was advised to contact the US Department of Defence not the other way round!
edit on 12/3/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
a bright beam of light hit the ground and caused a grass fire?... what like lightning?

I think people can tell the difference between lightning and an unexplained light. I think the authorities would have probably suggested lightning if there was even the slightest chance of it being lightning. Oh well, nice try though.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Here one nobody saw coming also
March 7, 2013 @ Valasske Mezirici, Czech Republic
spaceweather.com...

Here the vid

youtu.be...

That's a good find Trillium. This fireball looks like its coming right at you before it burns out.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
This is also reported to have been a fireball/meteor, but it was a strange light that came down and left a burned patch in the ground.

Just because someone reports a "falling light", does not mean it's a meteor/fireball, and whatever caused the burned patch on the ground, it certainly was not a meteorite.

9. Are meteorites “glowing” hot when they reach the ground?

Probably not. The ablation process, which occurs over the majority of the meteorite’s path, is a very efficient heat removal method, and was effectively copied for use during the early manned space flights for re-entry into the atmosphere. During the final free-fall portion of their flight, meteorites undergo very little frictional heating, and probably reach the ground at only slightly above ambient temperature.

For the obvious reason, however, exact data on meteorite impact temperatures is rather scarce and prone to hearsay. Therefore, we are only able to give you an educated guess based upon our current knowledge of these events.

Source: The American Meteor Society Fireball FAQs

At the end of the day, there is no evidence that any meteorite has ever caused a fire like this, and ten's of thousands (if not more) of meteorites have been recovered. If a meteorite did cause a fire, then where is the meteorite in this case?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Could also be a small piece opf meteorite that was still hot enough to set the DRY grass on fire. When the firefighter walked through the burn patch, is it possible that they could not see a small iron rock slightly embeded in the Earth ??

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

I agree with you Fireball, I just said there that it was reported that way. I would buy that it was a defense department weapons test before a meteor.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I think people can tell the difference between lightning and an unexplained light. I think the authorities would have probably suggested lightning if there was even the slightest chance of it being lightning. Oh well, nice try though.

At the same time, did anyone describe the light as looking like a meteor/fireball?

As for how good people are at identifying lights in the sky, after the recent Russian meteor there were multiple reports of meteors/fireballs which turned out to be nothing but high altitude aircraft with sun-lit contrails. People do get it wrong quite often.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
well i think something is going on, last night surfing msm news, i saw a report on nbc,
about four asteroids that passed by on saturday. one was said to big about as big as a city block.

i tried to find the broadcast but all i could find was a written story.

here's the link
Earth gets a rush of weekend asteroid visitors

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

reply to post by FireballStorm

I agree with you Fireball, I just said there that it was reported that way. I would buy that it was a defense department weapons test before a meteor.

It could just be someone with a "sense of humour" and a can of lighter fuel... or even if it was a flare/pyrotechnic, the remains might also have gone up in smoke.

If it was a weapons test (which I doubt), it wasn't very successful!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join