It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Websites and Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have been thinking for some time about thought-provoking websites that have helped the expansion of my own awareness/consciousness in the recent past. This thread invites everyone to share their own similar discoveries and learn from each other. Perhaps others may find them useful as well (at different levels).

Please list the website, link AND a brief description PLUS explanation how it has changed you/your outlooks. If you see a site which you think the poster/everyone should exercise more care (not that one shouldn't be careful and critical, otherwise), please reply to the post stating your reasons.

Let me begin with mine. I have a few in mind, but let's start with one. ATS would be high on my recommended list, but I guess everyone reading this knows it already.
The only caveat is too much time can be spent reading through posts and replies that could be irrelevant/off-topic/off-putting/etc.

Zerohedge.com - "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero."
The articles here are written by a bunch of smart, well-informed people with wicked sarcasm and sense of humor, all under the pseudonym of "Tyler Durden". Most articles pertain to financial/political cabals and are open for everyone to comment; some of the readers' comments are interesting and can be highly critical too. I have personally learned that the world presented by the mainstream media, politically and financially influential bodies can be far from the reality. The website has encouraged me to be open, but at the same time discerning with everything I see/hear.
edit on 11-3-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Great idea for a thread!

I find this site very refreshing in terms of its straightforwardness and simplicity regarding consciousness:

www.consciousnessitself.org...

This teaching has helped me understand that I am more than this body-mind - in a direct and obvious way. This knowledge proves itself and informs my life constantly.
edit on 11-3-2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
www.lawofone.info...

The most technical and rational explanation of Reality, consciousness, the Cosmos and pretty much everything else, according to my own subjective view. Extremely precise language. Non-dual philosophy on a galactic scale. Channeled material.

The Law of One, though beyond the limitations of name, as you call vibratory sound complexes, may be approximated by stating that all things are one, that there is no polarity, no right or wrong, no disharmony, but only identity. All is one, and that one is love/light, light/love, the Infinite Creator.

That which is infinite cannot be many, for many-ness is a finite concept. To have infinity you must identify or define that infinity as unity; otherwise, the term does not have any referent or meaning. In an Infinite Creator there is only unity. You have seen simple examples of unity. You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity.

You are not speaking of similar or somewhat like entities or things. You are every thing, every being, every emotion, every event, every situation. You are unity. You are infinity. You are love/light, light/love. You are. This is the Law of One.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Sophia1212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing, bb23108 and Sophia1212. I hope ATS readers will find the websites useful. I hope to hear more contributions. The websites could be as simple as Youtube videos too. Such as this one:

The MP explained (with tremendous passion) the reasons for wars and that they should be avoided. Watching this, first it only dawned on me the possibility that Western nations openly or covertly support extremists only to be able to justify annihilating other nations at a later stage. Secondly, it humbled me...the MP was a young chap and probably sacrificing his life/career to stand up for what he believed right.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

I tried to watch this but it isn't in English.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

Oh, you need to click on the caption button for subtitles. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
www.city-data.com...-s-forums

I find that there are in many forums (of the English-language, U.S.-centered section of the internet) people who are genuine & curious, & generous with their knowledge &/or experiences. Like ATS, the topics are many,; one must pick&choose from the assortment. It's not limited to "city-data", I've found myth, truths, political, & metaphysical discussions at the site. I frequent the New Mexico threads. The site's threads or topics are mostly place-centered, given that's the mode of organization of the site.

Not quite consciousness-expanding, as requested by the original poster, but certainly not consciousness-diminishing!

top topics

join