Would Gun Violence Really Be Less if Everyone Owned a Gun ?

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Wayne LaPierre claims that gun crime goes down dramatically when gun ownership increases.

To see if this is true, lets look at one segment of society where gun ownership is almost 100% - BIKER GANGS and STREET GANGS.

Almost everyone in a Biker Gang has a gun, they have to, claiming "protection" from other gang members as a reason.

According to LaPierre, when gun ownership increases, crime decreases dramatically because gun ownership forces everyone to be "civil" to each other.

Take a look at street gangs in America. You really think that gun ownership amongst gang members has led to civility? These are groups that, like biker gangs, have their own codes of conduct and mostly police themselves until their violence spills over in the community.

Have we seen a reduction in violence and a reduction in crime amongst members when compared to non gang members as a result of them all owning guns? Of course not. Crime within gangs is at an all time high.

Does Mr LaPierre really think that arming Americans to the hilt is going to produce a different result?




posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Street gangs are not a correct representation of modern society.

Nice try though....

Google your question, but look at REAL stats, your mind will be = blown.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wayne LaPierre is a wolf in sheep's clothing and the NRA are a bunch of sell outs (the organization, not the members... the members are just ill informed). LaPierre talks a big "come and take it" game, but behind closed doors he caves in to the politicians, but that's nothing new for the NRA. Gun Owners of America is where it's at as far as pro 2nd amendment organizations are concerned. Anyway, I don't think there is an absolute answer to your question, but it is statistical fact that where there are more guns in the hands of responsible citizens, there is far less crime, so following that logic I would imagine that the answer to your question should be an overwhelming YES. You know the old, but true cliche... "an armed society is a polite society."
edit on 11-3-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies
 

Yes.

How do I know?

Because 99.99% of gun owners have never committed a crime.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 

GOA only.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies
 


Myself, I would have to give a bump to OptimusSubprime.

He hit the nail on the head.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Violent crimes have been dropping increasingly since the late 80's. The only crimes that have been on the rise are poverty-induced crimes such as home invasion, theft etc.

We should be more concerned about poverty than guns.
edit on 11-3-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
No one will be safe with more guns. How abusrd to think otherwise.

The problem is not so much guns but people. People are stupid and most people drink alcohol, Having weapons around when alcohol is present is as bad a putting a drunk behind the wheel. Humans have uncontrollable passions and when a gun is present it sometimes will be used.

Alcohol is the leading cause of gun violence but most of you will violently oppose the fact. Most crimes in the u.s are alcohol induced. That is a fact. Gun violence is caused by stupid people.

Guns should be banned because there is too many stupid peoeple. One can argue that illegal drugs should be allowed to be used and sold at the corner store since there are responsible users.
edit on 11-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)


Alcohol use at the time of the offense was commonly found among those convicted of public-order crimes, a type of offense most highly represented among those on probation and in jail. Among violent offenders, 41 percent of probationers, 41 percent of those in local jails, 38 percent of those in State prisons, and 20 percent of those in Federal prisons were estimated to have been drinking when they committed the crime.
alcoholism.about.com...
edit on 11-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Wayne LaPierre claims that gun crime goes down dramatically when gun ownership increases.

To see if this is true, lets look at one segment of society where gun ownership is almost 100% - BIKER GANGS and STREET GANGS.

Almost everyone in a Biker Gang has a gun, they have to, claiming "protection" from other gang members as a reason.

According to LaPierre, when gun ownership increases, crime decreases dramatically because gun ownership forces everyone to be "civil" to each other.

Take a look at street gangs in America. You really think that gun ownership amongst gang members has led to civility? These are groups that, like biker gangs, have their own codes of conduct and mostly police themselves until their violence spills over in the community.

Have we seen a reduction in violence and a reduction in crime amongst members when compared to non gang members as a result of them all owning guns? Of course not. Crime within gangs is at an all time high.

Does Mr LaPierre really think that arming Americans to the hilt is going to produce a different result?


Op, if your are intentionally equating criminals with lawabiding citizens in order to try and push the rediculous gun control agenda, well sir, I am l just liable to tonngue lash you. And help you deny your obvious ignorance at the same time.

I have read nothing but your op so far, but judging by your star and flag total, I would say it is obvious your mentally incapacitated due to sickness or medication, and will refrain, as I will not use the weapons of the mind, against one so disamed.

I hope you have applied for ssi, as you need it, and are surely having a hard time finding meaningful employment, unless your doing so under the americans with disabilities act.

Mods please spank me easy, I didnt even cuss this time.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional
 



Op, if your are intentionally equating criminals with lawabiding citizens in order to try and push the rediculous gun control agenda, well sir, I am l just liable to tonngue lash you. And help you deny your obvious ignorance at the same time.

I have read nothing but your op so far, but judging by your star and flag total, I would say it is obvious your mentally incapacitated due to sickness or medication, and will refrain, as I will not use the weapons of the mind, against one so disamed.

I hope you have applied for ssi, as you need it, and are surely having a hard time finding meaningful employment, unless your doing so under the americans with disabilities act.

Mods please spank me easy, I didnt even cuss this time.


Do your "weapons of mind" include ad hominem? That's one of the dullest weapons I've ever seen used.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I propose an experiment, we could ban firearms in cities known to have large gang related firearm crimes - such as Chicago. I am sure the results of that experiment should satisfy the OP?



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Can giving Free burgers to overweight people stop Obesity?

Can making alcohol purchased by any age reduce drunk driving accidents?

Can Gun Violence be reduced by making everyone own gun?


Whether you have a Gun or Not, whoever pulls the trigger FIRST will win. If a robber wants to rob you at gun point, he will.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by inverslyproportional
 



Op, if your are intentionally equating criminals with lawabiding citizens in order to try and push the rediculous gun control agenda, well sir, I am l just liable to tonngue lash you. And help you deny your obvious ignorance at the same time.

I have read nothing but your op so far, but judging by your star and flag total, I would say it is obvious your mentally incapacitated due to sickness or medication, and will refrain, as I will not use the weapons of the mind, against one so disamed.

I hope you have applied for ssi, as you need it, and are surely having a hard time finding meaningful employment, unless your doing so under the americans with disabilities act.

Mods please spank me easy, I didnt even cuss this time.


Do your "weapons of mind" include ad hominem? That's one of the dullest weapons I've ever seen used.



At times depending on the conversation and those involved, whats that old saying, dont argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.........I am that idiot from time to time.

Though I have been known to also use much more high brow tools from time to time, this just doesnt seem to beneeded here though, as I am not seeing enough witt to necessitates a knock knock joke.

In summary, the op stinks, his logic is .......non-existent at best, and though you would attempt to.. what, defend him?...no. yet you do seem put off about somthing, though try as I might, I cant manage to give a damn, sorry lol.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Can giving Free burgers to overweight people stop Obesity?

Can making alcohol purchased by any age reduce drunk driving accidents?

Can Gun Violence be reduced by making everyone own gun?


Whether you have a Gun or Not, whoever pulls the trigger FIRST will win. If a robber wants to rob you at gun point, he will.


You have an opinion and are certainly entitled to it, however FACTS would beg to differ with it. It is a fact that in areas where there is a good chance that a person could be carrying a concealed firearm, that violent crime, including armed robberies, are much lower than places like Newark, NYC, Detroit, New Orleans, DC, and Chicago... where guns are all but outlawed.

As far as your "burgers analogy" is concerned... it would be more appropriate, as well as intellectually honest, to ask if giving free burgers to society as a whole would curb obesity, because giving them to those who are already obese would equate to giving a gun to someone who has already proven themself to be unworthy of the responsibility of owning one... this is a red herring.

If you let those too young to drive purchase alcohol, it wouldn't increase the number of drunk driving fatalities, because the people in question are not driving... and we aren't talking about selling kids guns now are we... another red herring.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional
 


Stop talking as you only appear more and more the fool with your pompous arrogance..

man smug people get up my nose.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional
 




In summary, the op stinks, his logic is .......non-existent at best, and though you would attempt to.. what, defend him?...no. yet you do seem put off about somthing, though try as I might, I cant manage to give a damn, sorry lol.


Don't apologize; I love a good joke. I just thought you should keep your fallacies in check before you continue touting yourself as logically and intellectually better than someone. It's quite hilarious.

The OP made some arguments and you avoided them. If his OP stinks, your reply, being void of any substance whatsoever, is worse than smelly.



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Look at the state of Texas for a answer
Many have guns and its easy to get a CCW and since there CCW laws changed to make it easy to get one there crime has dropped and shootings of non criminal has dropped.

Shooting of criminals(no big loss.) is now starting to drop as criminals are getting smart or fitted for body bags.
edit on 12-3-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Do all those people that have weapons plan on going hunting? If so, what are they going to hunt?
Can someone explain the logic behind manufacturing these weapons? Why the need to make something that destroys our species? Humanity fights like a bunch of PUNKS and COWARDS! Wars should be fought with fists!



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream
 


But the robber won't get away. Imagine a robber pulling a gun, and then immediately have 10 standers-by pull their guns.

The criminals already have guns, as is seen in Chicago. Imagine someone being able to shoot their cars tires as they spray gunfire, aiming for their rival gangmember, and killing small, innocent children in range.

I bet they'd think twice, if everyone was armed.



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope
 


How many billions has the gov't spent on "the war on poverty" in the last 50 years? They don't seem to be solving the problem. Poverty just seems to expand whenever the democrats are in power.

The same could be said about "the war on drugs". Seems the gov't has a way of extending the lawlessness and dependency on gov't, that the dems keep propragating.





new topics
 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join