Documentary about Sleep Paralysis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just thought I'd share. Personally found it really scary. I've made threads many times before about my experiences with Sleep Paralysis, and while compared to some people I've had very infrequent experiences (3-4 times during my entire life, and I'm 22 now), the few experiences I've had are very vivid in my memory.

Hope you guys find it interesting

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

bookmarked for later...

Thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

i have expereinced these before, exactly like that. I always think it was just bad dreams, now I see others have experienced this the exact same way is very strange to me. I have research to do,

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Oh absolutely. They even said in the documentary that roughly 30% of the worlds entire population has experienced Sleep Paralysis, or something closely related to it. But I believe it's probably even more than 30%. This is a phenomena that's most likely occured in humans since the beginning of time. And we barely talk about it. It's just crazy stuff.

What I find most intriguing about this documentary is that I'm now listening to people who've had much worse experiences than I have, and most importantly much more frequent ones. To the point that their qaulity of life has been affected. I mean f***, one of the interviewees wanted to take her own life because she could barely take it anymore.

I'm just really hoping I won't have these experiences too often in my future life, because they really are TERRIFYING. I mean, words can't really describe how intense and scary these experiences are. And I can totally see how having them too frequently can ruin your life.

What's the most scary is that this has been barely touched in the scientific world. I mean there's no one that can straight up tell you how this thing works, or why it happens.
edit on 12-3-2013 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Cheers for that Mate, I have more than my fair share of experiences with this through my life, gonna have a look now.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Thanks for this ZikhaN, I am not going to go into details as I have already shared some of my SP experiences in other threads on the topic! But I can't wait to get home so that I can watch the documentary in the comfort of my own home without work interruptions!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Thanks again Mate, i just watched it and I had seen it before. It covers a lot of what I experienced when I was younger. I'll tell you what I do know and I am not religious, but if you seek protection from God or Jesus Christ
it does help and generally you can stop the attack.
An interesting story regarding my attacks, back in 1990 I was attacked night after night for a week and I was struggling to get much sleep. I was about 25 and my younger sister who was 22 offerred her help.
Prior to her going to sleep she asked the entity not to attack me and to instead attack her.
She never did that again, as that night she felt the presence and the paralysis and felt intense pressure on her chest, she also couldn't speak but swears her eyes were open as she could see posters on her wall.
She also said it had a foul breath as well.
So to me that proves there is far more to this than what the scientists was saying in the vid, over the years I have worked out ways to deal with it but still get the odd occurrence, I also know when it's coming as I hear
a trumpet or horn in my left ear just prior to going into sleep and I am usually too tired to worry, actually it happens more often than not when I am physically drained, almost as though it attacks when I am at my weakest.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Oh Poor Cody and his family have got some big problems there.
I couldn't move that fast during an episode if I tried!.
I find it strange that most people in that doc account that they feel a presence beforehand. I've never really to my knowledge encountered such a thing. My own experiences kick off with a low hum/rythmical buzzing and crackling that seem's to stem from the middle and deepest reaches of my brain and get's louder and painful by the second, to the point where it feels as though atoms are splitting and remeshing in my brain. I would reason that's where the scientific response comes into it, it would seem that for me at least my waking and dream mechanism and the neurons involved are sparking like mad to work properly and failing dismally.
Anyway, it's always goes downhill fast from there on in...

I tend to put it down to stress, hormones or growth spurts (the last two from when it all kicked off and was at it's worst from age 8 till late teens) and general overtiredness which in itself is a massive viscious circle when you are having attacks 3/4/5/6 times a night. Overall though it's never been a regular thing, clusters of attacks come and go like the seasons in general, but when they come it's always a nasty suprise.

Obviously having lost count how many times I've experienced this but from age 8 to knocking on 40's door rapidly I'd hazard a guess it's probably past 500 times by now that I've been witness to some odd things. Funnily enough, something sitting on my chest or an old woman I don't recall ever. The long streak of pish shadow geezer must have a soft spot for me and usually just likes to stick himself backwards to ceilings and such like a giant spider or stand there to freak me out, he's only ever attempted to wrench me off the bed by my ankles once, towards the massive mirror of all things, so I make Mr Suspiria sleep mirror side now just in case. If it hasn't been him, it's been aliens, shadow blobs of no particular humanoid shape, a flying demonic face with a huge lolling tongue flitting about all over the room occasionally divebombing to lick my face and laugh, oh and the last time I had a number of what looked like 7/8 foot humanoid figures standing around the bed with egyptian God headgear on doing some weird ritual type shizzle.

Yeah, it's been interesting if a tad tiring...

I got completely sick of it during my twenties and approached anyone who might know about it, they all said the same thing - concentrate on relaxing/breathing and ignore what your eyes are supposedly seeing until you can move again. It worked like a charm for a few years, I could get myself straight out as soon as the pain in my head and the noise subsided but it didn't work forever.

For now, just turning my bed around seem's to have stopped much of it, in about 8 months only shadow geezer has bothered his spooky arse twice just to stare at me. I just hope this doesn't end up in me being the weird old lady next door who's forever moving furniture around in the dead of night, just so she can get some peace.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
My own experiences kick off with a low hum/rythmical buzzing and crackling that seem's to stem from the middle and deepest reaches of my brain and get's louder and painful by the second, to the point where it feels as though atoms are splitting and remeshing in my brain.

I know exactly what you mean by that, and that is exactly how I'd describe my own experiences with sleep paralysis.

It's odd, I kinda started to like it, not the paralysis but the prelude to it. When I woke up unable to move I never felt any presences or saw anything. Even the first time it happened and I was unaware of the phenomenon, I felt a little afraid as it was new to me but not terror. I kinda always knew instinctively that although odd, it was natural and not paranormal or anything like that. Don't know how I knew I just did, when I snapped out of it I felt fine.

The hum, crackling thing didn't always end in sleep paralysis, though. It'd often manifest into strange dreams. Much of the time the dreams would start with me lying in bed trying to sleep, I felt awake and aware and would see things and hear things, but I was definitely asleep, but felt more aware, really hard to describe.

Like I say I kinda got used to it and started to sort of chase it if you like, I'd think about it as I went to bed in the hope I could somehow cause it to happen by focusing on it. But the humming, crackling and sensations became less frequent and seemed to lose power if you like, it got weaker and hard to hold on to. It happens very rarely now, I get the sensations, the hum and that, the crackling...like someone rattling a box of matches in the centre of my head and it resonates through my body like a surge of energy, but it's always weak now, and I try to hold it...and I usually lose it and wake up,

No more crazy dreams or paralysis...I did have an exploding head episode a while back which had an odd twist, I wrote a thread on here about it. I've always suffered from sleep problems but it's not as bad as it used to be these days.

Anyways, OP - cool thread, I shall watch this when I go to bed, it's a fascinating subject...flagged my friend.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Yikes. That guy Cody at the end scared the bejeezus out of me, especially when he was at the sleep paralysis clinic and he opened his eyes and looked around in terror. Mommy.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

That's gotta be horrible! I've never had reocurring sleep paralysis. Like I said, I've only had it 3 or 4 times in my entire life, and the earliest one was maybe 4-5 years ago (I was around 17-18). Before that, I can't remember ever having sleep paralysis.

But darn, having it multiple times in one night sounds like a living nightmare =/

I've gotten advice before as well about trying to control your breathing and just trying to stay calm. I'm not sure that'll work though, as you kinda don't really have any control over your body when this happens? =/ As far as I understood, your muscles are relaxed because your body is still in a sleeping state. It's only your conscience that's active.

edit: Actually, I kinda forgot that in my latest Sleep Paralysis experience I actually did have it up to 3 times the same morning. (I've never had Sleep Paralysis during the night, it's always been in the morning). Check out my thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I'm a bit worried it might get worse over the years. I just really hope not =/

reply to post by Brigidshine

Yea same. He was pretty creepy.
edit on 13-3-2013 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I wouldn't worry too much that it will happen more as you get older. I've only had one full blown experience of sleep paralysis in my life and that was when I was 18. I'm 54 now and haven't had anything quite that bad since.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
My guess is that if one were to film the people being attacked, the camera would likely not pick up anything visual like the experiencer. i have had this too and an evil sounding male voice says "we got him", i used my spine to snap me out of paralysys and got up mortified, i knew the voices that attack me were powerful but i wasn't aware they could paralyze me in bed. I think i know what it causing these wierd things to happen. And im releasing that information slowly over other threads. It takes time to figure out the truth of a deceptive technology, ill say here that someone has our physiology already mapped in a way which allows them to do things like this to us. We need a way of protecting our planet from hauntings, voices, and this problem.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Can I ask what you believe is behind this? I sense that you believe as I do that all these things are related. I.e. hauntings, anomoly sightings, bigfoot, etc.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

Can I ask what you believe is behind this? I sense that you believe as I do that all these things are related. I.e. hauntings, anomoly sightings, bigfoot, etc.

I do talk about it in my other posts, i dont like that side of me though. I really want to keep this secret but i have an honest bone in my body that wants to solve the problems of others. But im afraid because other people who hear things report hearing my screenname or even real name in thier heads or even dreams. I know i have purpose here, but there is something i have to do before i can help others to prevent something.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Fair enough, I don't mind doing a little searching. And I don't mean to pry, just curious is all.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

whoa, that's interesting especially since i occasionally experience sleep paralysis myself. are there any other videos like this?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I just had an experience last night. Im 23 now, and I can count that one as number 7 in my whole life. The first one I remember, was when I was about 7 or 8, I couldn't move obviously, but I had a vision, or whatever you want to call it, of me having an out of body experience, and my vision would zoom in and out really fast over and over again, and I thought there was someone under my bed.

Last night, I remember waking up, not being able to move, and I was envisioning someone or something going back and forth to each side of my bed making a stabbing motion towards me and my wife.

I couldnt finish the documentary.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Diggz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Whoa, creepy indeed, mommy is right.

Only experienced it twice myself, not for a long time though, at least 20 years or so.

I read somewhere that this disorder or whatever you want to call it, could also be related to vitamin and mineral deficiencies, I'll see if I saved the link. It was vitamin B-12, D and magnesium and zinc I believe. I'm sure if you google those you can find information.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I was wondering if these people Prior to their sleep paralysis ever had a cult connection, or tried a Ouija board or something that could have started this . Two of them said something about a Violent upbringing and no more about it .

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join