Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

RAGE, not love, will save the day.

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
For over five thousand years people have been preaching love, peace, and tolerance, and yet, here we are on the brink of nuclear war. Iran wants to fry Israel. North Korea is aching to nuke, well, everyone!

Point being, LOVE is not working.

Only when we've had enough, only when we become venomously outraged will we be able to turn things around.

Right now my mind is focused on the idea that if North Korea shoots nuclear missiles over here, to the U.S., my government will feel justified in shooting nuclear missiles over there.

Before this happens I want every sane person to SCREAM at my government and say, "NO! If a country wants to destroy THIS part of the planet, it does not give you the right to destroy THAT part of the planet! The earth can survive without us, but NOTHING can survive without the earth! You can shoot off all the ANTI-nuclear missiles you want, but using nuclear missiles for ANY reason is just plain stupid, ignorant, foolish, and downright evil. NO! We will not let you do it!"

Personally, I want the U.S. to destroy ALL of its nuclear weapons. These weapons don't defeat warring countries; they devastate the planet!

Is there anyone here that can justify using nuclear weapons for ANY reason?
edit on 3/11/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It would be pointless. Personally I think the only reason we keep them is so that other WMD countries won't get too many ideas. If our nukes are destroyed, then that leaves our country open for attack. Keep them and we may save it from attack by other countries too big for their britches.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
North Korea is still a long way off from being able to hit a target in the US.
Can they lob one in our general direction? Sure. But I am not concerned in the least.

The hard part is the guidance package, just ask the Russians why they made their nukes so powerful for so long. Because they couldn't hit jack and/or squat with them.

If NK were to hit the US with a nuke. I would be hard pressed to believe the Govt. didn't do it itself to avoid budget cuts and troop draw downs.

After all, we are going to need a new war to fight soon.

I am not concerned about North Korea.
I think they are just throwing another temper tantrum because they are a joke, and want to be treated like one of the big kids.

Also, are you aware of how many nukes have been detonated on this planet?
Thousands.

The planet will be fine, we may not be though.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Right now my mind is focused on the idea that if North Korea shoots nuclear missiles over here, to the U.S., my government will feel justified in shooting nuclear missiles over there.

Personally, I want the U.S. to destroy ALL of its nuclear weapons. These weapons don't defeat warring countries; they devastate the planet!

Is there anyone here that can justify using nuclear weapons for ANY reason?
edit on 3/11/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

I think if one country is called upon to destroy its nuclear weapons; then all countries should be required to get rid of them; now that is the way I wish it was; but I also know that TPTB will not let this happen.

I know that the United States is into self-defense; but sometimes I wonder how the self-defense is really created. Is it well planned and orchestrated by TPTB; many do think so.

Have you ever seen the 2004 documentary by Michael Moore called (Fahrenheit 9/11)? I recently saw it and this documentary gave to me a lot to ponder.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I almost always agree with you pal, and even now I can see where you are coming from.

But you're dead wrong about love.

Love has *not* been applied in government for a long, long time.

Food Not Bombs

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This kid has me nervous. I'm not a favorite of politics. What we do to each other, and governments agendas scare the hell out of me. Money talks, humanity walks.

Now with this Un kid, what is exactly the story behind his belief that he is a demi god? Does he actually believe that he is destined to be ruler of the world? Because this parallels frighteningly with other past madmen leaders. If he's unhinged like Hitler and Napoleon and such... well. Gosh, sitting on our haunches might come up to bite us in the butt later. Why give them time to continue, and maybe next time, be in a better position to make good on the threats?

Feed the belly of the beast...

Hmmm...

~ Cirque
edit on 11-3-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: forgot word

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Idealistically, I agree with you, OP.

However, something stinks to high heaven about this story. The nukes that North Korea have are tiny compared to what we have. They could maybe cause us some damage, but we could bomb them out of existence. Of course they know this. So why all the sabre-rattling?

It is my personal opinion that we are being fed a load of bull in order to get us to accept a nuclear conflict as "inevitable and necessary". Since the whole "bomb Iran because they're building a nuke" thing fell apart, suddenly NK is the new boogey man.

Check out the size of their little nukes compared to ours and others (thanks to Caticus Maximus for this link):
nuclearsecrecy.com...

There is no contest. No country could have that much of a death wish. Which makes one wonder....what the heck is going on here? What is wrong with this picture??

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

For over five thousand years people have been preaching love, peace, and tolerance, and yet, here we are on the brink of nuclear war. Iran wants to fry Israel. North Korea is aching to nuke, well, everyone!

Point being, LOVE is not working.

You might also notice that "preaching" is just words without action...

Love works perfectly... but it takes a community, not an individual...

And no government understands the concept of love...

Not a single one on the planet...

They only understand money and land possession

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

See love absolutely IS the answer but leaders and humanity has been so far from love for so long that all the wars have been waged and people keep dying.

Love is the key.

You are so wrong.

But unless everyone is on the same page it won't work.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stargatetravels

But unless everyone is on the same page it won't work.

Then...it will never work.

new topics

top topics

join