It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud Seeding -- Spiraling Cloud Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Checkout the old school contrail

Very cool video

I too have never seen anything like those crazy triple roll ones

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

So you are saying that a person with credentials who works in an office is more observant than a person who has worked outdoors a major portion of his life and has been active in fishing, hunting, camping, and gardening all his life.

No.

When you tear roofs off or do work where you need to know if it is going to rain, you learn to watch the clouds. When you go fishing or hunting a lot you watch the clouds.

You don't need a degree to watch the weather.

Never said otherwise.

But I wasn't talking about watching the weather.

I was talking about providing check-able evidence. Do you actually have any?

You say you have not seen these clouds before - so therefore you have no actual evidence as to how common they were from your own observation.

Now it seems you may have seen some - that does not mean they are now more common - all it means is that you have now seen something you have never seen before.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose "I'm not sure if it's just me or not but when I go outside on beautifully sunny days like today, it gets harder to keep my eyes open because of how bright it is."

it's not just you. i've definitely noticed this. also, to my eyes, the sky seems to have a distinctly 'redder' tinge at night than in the past.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

The sky does not have colour at all, that's why we can see stars at night. In the daytime the suns rays illuminate the blue part of the spectrum due to the angle at which they strike the atmosphere. In the late eveni g they are moving to the red part of the spectrum so the sky appears red, thus it has ever been.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

that's as maybe, but i have noticed the night sky is redder.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
reply to post by waynos

that's as maybe, but i have noticed the night sky is redder.

At night (assuming well after sunset) the color of the sky comes entirely from the terrestrial lights. So changes in the color generally indicate changes in street lighting, or other nearby lights.

Or it might simply have been a bit cloudier on the days you noticed, hence reflecting more light from the ground based lights.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

here's the thing. i've lived here for most of my life. i have always been an avid skywatcher. all of the street lighting in my area has been converted from the old orange (sodium?) lighting to new white lights, over the last couple of years.. so there should be a marked local decrease in the redness due to reflected street lighting. the opposite is what i'm seeing.

ps. i am 47 years old. so the 'most of my life' i refer to is at least 40 years.
edit on 13/3/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/3/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Actually the name for these in the USA is Rope clouds. The fact that there was no tornadoes in this area before is probably why they were not around here. There have been tornadoes around here lately though and these clouds are appearing. I lived in Sheboygan Wisconsin though and saw quite a few tornadoes there and no rope clouds.

The name in Australia seems to be different and I am not sure that the ones we are seeing here are the same type of cloud. Here is information on these. www.namesofclouds.com...

With the increase of tornadoes and climate change it means that the numbers of these can also increase. It is a sideways tornado basicly.
edit on 13-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

What are your thoughts as to why that may be?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join