It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State judge invalidates New York City's ban on large sugary drinks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Everybody knew the ban would not stand in court but, the ban was never the goal. The goal was to get people to start talking and thinking about what they consume and put in their bodies. I myself do not have many vices any more but, soda is one of them.
edit on 11-3-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

if Nanny Bloomers cared at all he would put a GMO labeling requirement on foods ..... this is about raw power and the state run-a-muck

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Ya, the soda ban isn't going to help, unless there is a French fry limit, a burger ounce limit, a mayo packet size and number limit, chip bag size limit, etc etc etc.

Granted, soda is basically liquid sugar you are spraying in you...but its only a very tiny part of the problem.

How to overcome this obese epidemic is beyond me...I personally think the answer comes not in trying to scream moderation..but just a good diet pill. Lets be honest...moderation teaching is like abstinence teaching...it simply won't work for most people.

Nope...we need a pill. kick up the metabolism to insane amounts and let them eat cake (literally).

What they need to do is put something in those sodas that prevent sugar absorption in the body -- so that the sugar goes out of the body directly through your urine without being absorbed in the bloodstream. How awesome that would be!! You could do the same thing with processed fatty foods. But not with natural foods like avocados and olive oil/coconut oil, etc. because those fats are good for you.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Ya, the soda ban isn't going to help, unless there is a French fry limit, a burger ounce limit, a mayo packet size and number limit, chip bag size limit, etc etc etc.

Granted, soda is basically liquid sugar you are spraying in you...but its only a very tiny part of the problem.

How to overcome this obese epidemic is beyond me...I personally think the answer comes not in trying to scream moderation..but just a good diet pill. Lets be honest...moderation teaching is like abstinence teaching...it simply won't work for most people.

Nope...we need a pill. kick up the metabolism to insane amounts and let them eat cake (literally).

What they need to do is put something in those sodas that prevent sugar absorption in the body -- so that the sugar goes out of the body directly through your urine without being absorbed in the bloodstream. How awesome that would be!! You could do the same thing with processed fatty foods. But not with natural foods like avocados and olive oil/coconut oil, etc. because those fats are good for you.

Would be the new thing for awhile, but already I can imagine the chemicals stocking up in the body and messing with your blood sugar, giving tons of new diabetes cases

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Would be the new thing for awhile, but already I can imagine the chemicals stocking up in the body and messing with your blood sugar, giving tons of new diabetes cases

Well as long as we're dreaming... these chemicals could bind themselves to the sugar (or trans fat) molecules, and just go right through the body along with the bad stuff. No residual chemicals.
I can dream, can't I?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Your suggestion would be tantamount to the government medicating us against our will. What is so wrong with personal choice? If we allow Bloomberg or any other bureaucratic to dictate our diet we are done for, because they will dictate away all of our free choice.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by kaylaluv

Your suggestion would be tantamount to the government medicating us against our will. What is so wrong with personal choice? If we allow Bloomberg or any other bureaucratic to dictate our diet we are done for, because they will dictate away all of our free choice.

I don't care. If people get to eat all the hamburgers and French fries they want, and all the sugary sodas they want, and not get diabetes or heart disease -- that is a good thing any way you look at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join