It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Mom Arrested and Guns Confiscated After Speaking Out at Public Meeting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
"Tax assessors" working for a private company? Not so much. They'd better keep moving, and send out a REAL tax assessor instead, with some government credentials. I value my privacy, and don't have much use for or patience with trespassers.

When we did our reval there was a number to call if you could not make any of three scheduled appointments so I see no reason why ASI had to call in the tax assessor to uphold the 'law'. This company has a very bad reputation here in New Jersey for slipshod work and horrific customer serivce. Part of the reason we won our appeal was my detailed and documented account of the run around I got from their several offices.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
They are feasting on the people.

No kidding. Our taxes have gone up more than double since I bought the home in fall of 2005 and I have no idea what good it has done. Our school system is ranked middle of the road in New Jersey's 300+ municipal schools but my town has one of the highest tax burdens in the state and county.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red
Yes, there is by default. In order to obtain a firearm in NJ, you need to get a permit or license from the state. Then, you need to get a permit to purchase from the local gov't EVERYTIME you want to buy a firearm from a FFL. This is the backdoor way they use to have a gun registry in NJ.

Partially correct. You need to get a Federal Fire Arms card prior to purchasing any long gun or ammunition but this is good for life and only needs to be updated if you move. You need hand gun permit every time you want to purchase a hand gun in addition to the previous permit.

And for those who are wondering the time frame on either one of those can run up to six months as my last one did.

edit on 12-3-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Same difference. I have heard of waits as long as 9 months in Passaic County. Still much worse than just across the western border into PA. Thanks for the info though.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by heyitsok

Okay, I read this and other material I could get before I said a word in reply. If I get one more person suggest I didn't read something before replying....due in part because I've often read FAR MORE than just the OP by that point and am replying to more than simply that...I'LL SCREAM ! ! !

Now I suppose we all saw different parts of the article as relevant. It's also entirely possible that I misunderstood the use of the term 'armed' as it's appeared in several different pieces relating to this case. What I did not misunderstand as it's a plain and simple fact of what happened here is this:

When they arrived, there were 5 police cars from the Franklinville Police Department. They advised her that the Clayton Police wanted to talk to her about the allegations.

States Hart “For the record, both the police officers DID acknowledge that it was “an allegation.”

Her purse was taken from her and she was put into a “paddy wagon,” transported to the police station-

Now it's my personal experience from growing up around and in different ways, working around Law Enforcement on and off throughout my life that this was an unusual situation. 5 police cars don't all roll to your house and then wait for you to get home ...and insure you don't get inside your home before being arrested and removed from the scene ...In the time it takes to drive from one location to another, for exercise of constitutional free speech. She did something to really WORRY the cops. The number screams that like neon.

That's 5 units moving pretty quick to all be there with bells on....waiting for her. Then she's booked in on terroristic threats. That can mean telling someone you'll break his nose to telling them you'll kill him, his family and his pet dog too. Kinda vague but ...we get back to 5 Police CARS...not just men, as the story specifically states. So, I lean to the more serious side of what the charge covers.

Hence... my assumptions. Pardon if they turned out to be faulty. However.. I *DO* read what I reply to. (For more than one who suggested otherwise)
edit on 12-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Jeez Wrabbit, what the heck are you going off on me for? I asked you where you had found your information and then related the version of the story that I had found and that is all I did.

Believe me, I wasn't attacking you or implying anything. FFS, now you made me feel like an a-hole and I didn't even do anything.

Hell, ask anybody that I *have* ever attacked on this forum, there is no mistaking my malevolence when I do. You, I was just asking for info.
edit on 2013/3/12 by heyitsok because: removed a bad word.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

When we did our reval there was a number to call if you could not make any of three scheduled appointments so I see no reason why ASI had to call in the tax assessor to uphold the 'law'. This company has a very bad reputation here in New Jersey for slipshod work and horrific customer serivce. Part of the reason we won our appeal was my detailed and documented account of the run around I got from their several offices.

After reading ASI's website, it appears that their sole reason for existence is to be a "non-governmental government agency", and that is a very troubling development being seen in a number of areas. Government may govern me - that's their reason to exist in the first place - but they need not think they can hire out governing me to private interests, That will lead to beaucoup trouble in my neck of the woods. Private interests are only answerable to their bosses - shareholders, etc. - and government entities are answerable to their constituency. Big difference there, and one that should be rejected entirely and out of hand by the people of any given area where that is attempted.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Partially correct. You need to get a Federal Fire Arms card prior to purchasing any long gun or ammunition but this is good for life and only needs to be updated if you move. You need hand gun permit every time you want to purchase a hand gun in addition to the previous permit.

What on Earth is a "Federal Fire Arms Card"? I've never heard of it anywhere else, and if it's peculiar to the People's Democratic Soviet of New Jersey only, how is it "Federal"?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Mind-poisoned liberals, clinging to their two newest mantras of "you didn't build that" and "fair share", are now demanding that taxes go up, becuase of their simpleminded belief that government needs more.

Many a liberal will try to paint her as guilty because she was arrested, with the degree of her guilt determined by the number of squad cars on scene. They will not tell you that she is only guilty of not succumbing to theft silently, and the police, seeing their funding fates intertwined with the liberal agenda have become worried this woman will lead to a backlash against the zombies of "you didn't buid that"and and "fairshare", so they need to villify her.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

What on Earth is a "Federal Fire Arms Card"? I've never heard of it anywhere else, and if it's peculiar to the People's Democratic Soviet of New Jersey only, how is it "Federal"?

Sorry, meant to post Firearms Purchaser Identification Card.

edit on 13-3-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

After reading ASI's website, it appears that their sole reason for existence is to be a "non-governmental government agency", and that is a very troubling development being seen in a number of areas. Government may govern me - that's their reason to exist in the first place - but they need not think they can hire out governing me to private interests, That will lead to beaucoup trouble in my neck of the woods. Private interests are only answerable to their bosses - shareholders, etc. - and government entities are answerable to their constituency. Big difference there, and one that should be rejected entirely and out of hand by the people of any given area where that is attempted.

They have caused an inordinate amount of trouble with their shoddy work, belligerent attitudes and arbitray valuations. The general concensus in my county is they would not put this out for bid in the same way as there has been innumerable complaints about the end results. I think part of the problem is revaluations had not been done in some areas in over 20+ years (despite this being a requirement every ten years) and most people forgot how this functions.

edit on 13-3-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join