It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrix(The Movie) Nostalgia? or maybe the lack of it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

I just hope they don't do a new age spin on it with Zac Effron

Why is there any rumors about it?

If that happened then it will definitely degrade the franchise. Imo that could never be made any better, Matrix 1, at least(Matrix 2/3 are good but Matrix 1 set high standard).

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What's with reboots now a days. One of my favorite movies is The Crow, an other timeless classic. Now they want to reboot the Eric Draven story. I'm sorry but this is so unnecessary.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
What's with reboots now a days. One of my favorite movies is The Crow, an other timeless classic. Now they want to reboot the Eric Draven story. I'm sorry but this is so unnecessary.

Yup, their are certain films that couldn't or shouldn't be remade for various reasons.

The Crow, The Exorcist , Pulp Fiction , Saving Private Ryan, ET, so many others... They should never be remade because the originals still hold up even now.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

The Matrix is what it is...visual eye candy.

Ever see Sucker Punch? Like the Matrix, the story could be better, but the visual eye candy in this movie is amazing, especially if you watch it in HD on a large screen.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah i watch it on 1080P 55 inch TV.. LED of course.

You are right about Sucker Punch, even tho it lacks story, the visual were amazing(if you are a game fan, you could see some game character resemblances in that movie) ...

I love the 4 samurai fighting part, that was epic.

edit on 3/15/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I think creativity and substance are the keys that very few audiences are aware of, but their impact is universal. Movies of the 80s and 90s are mostly dated rubbish, as are movies of any other decade. But exceptions such as The Matrix, shine as an example of a film that intended to actually communicate something, rather than just show something (like Michael Bay films..)

there are still aspects of The Matrix that identifiably late-90s, but there was also a lot of technology that was being pioneered in that area, and hence had to be used creatively to compensate for lack of processing, but this only contributed to its sense of "style" and led to a decade-and-a-half of films that hardly even challenge The Matrix in Substance or Creativity...

As in your example, Inception. A lot of substance, but not much creativity.. They could have extended that metaphor MUUUUUCH further, but rather was satisfied as being just a tip of yet another iceberg..

Risk is not something we see in the theaters these days, but Indie films have become just as guilty.. the common culprit for all forms of mediocrity:

Money$..

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I suspect everyone remembers the first time they saw movies like T2 or Matrix. So many movies are just copies of other movies. The Matrix was something special.

There was a certain point when it started to get harder to date a movie. There are so many old movies I can't watch because they're from another era and it's just too distracting.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have watched the whole series recently, it is a timeless classic. I also thought it would set the standard for following films, but most films can't even compare to depth of story, characters and technology used to create these films, especially the first.

It's still one of my top films and I have maybe seen it more than any other. Last time I watched it, I watched all 3 in succession and enjoyed the sequels more than I ever have. (Because I never bought them, I never really watched them like that, though now I have the box set).

I don't think the Wackowski bros will ever top them, let alone any other director.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join