It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society and Corporation integrity---Social well being Violations against the working persons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hello All,

One of the most interesting things affecting society is the methods of Corporations to avoid cost via working against the betterment of their employees. Where this is happening most is the push of companies like Wall-Mart and others to move their people to Part-Time, so they can avoid ObamaCare costs. imho

Everywhere companies are finding loopholes to avoid doing good for their employees. There are some major exceptions like Publix and their Employee Owned incentives and there is Costco that has very high ratings of being good to their Employees.

Then there is Wall-Mart, Sams Club and their joined at the waist Crossmark that are the worst of the worst. It happens that Crossmark is infamous for cheating their employees out of time worked and it appears to be very purposeful and systematic.

Just take a look at the Court Dockets against Crossmark of Plano, Texas:

dockets.justia.com...

Then there appears the hundreds of employee complaints that show up on any Internet Search, and we find out how they cheat their workers out of time:

www.ripoffreport.com... merchandis/crossmark-merchandising-llc-f497f.htm

He was not made aware by anyone at Crossmark that in order to report said time you must email Field Support. What it boils down to is they do not trust their employees so they removed the drop downs in sales track and payroll entries to report the admin time and supplemental time and now we must go through the "gatekeepers" due to a few bad apples spoiling it for the entire bunch. He was unethically and in my opinion illegally fired. But here is where it gets good. Crossmark was required per State and Federal law to show up for the hearing today at 10AM mountain standard time 9AM Pacific which would have been 11AM sharp central time. They failed to do so so their challenge to this case has been dismissed and we won. Ha ha we took em to court and we won but my fight is not over yet and I still remain an unnamed anonymous insider who still works here but I'm just pining for info to nail them on in the courts and trust me it's not that hard. They're so in violation of ethics, racial, sexual harassment, religious etc. rules it's not funny. It violates all 50 state right to work rules and the labor laws, the federal laws etc. When the crap hits the fan Crossmark you are going down and you will pay when the times comes to cough up the cash. Your days are numbered mark my words. We're already building a case against you and Idaho has got your number.

So, one gets to see just how organizations like Sam's Clubs outsource contracts to companies that appear to deliberately cheat their employees, with impunity. Then one sees the real social well being violations for which Wall-Mart, Sam's Club and their joined at the waist contractors pull on unsuspecting workers that fear to complain for huge numbers of DOL Wage and Hour Violation. If you see this happening, just file written complaints with the DOL and show their method of cheating their employees.

Crossmark's scamming their employees involves the elimination of the time clock punch at the site, and forcing the employee to log into a web page after they left work and be forced to enter only an "In-Store time" they worked and omit all their "Out of Store time" entry. They engage in leaving out reporting areas of time on general ledger type accounting, and force employees to do time consuming emails to claim their outside time cost. But most of their employees never get told to do this and there are hundreds being cheated out of DOL wage and hour time. imho

However, they once had a place to report this on their web site, but took it down to begin easily cheating the employees of time worked. Which benefits Sam's Club, Wall-mart, and Crossmark as they pocket the money owed to little old ladies and others working for them.

Would anyone want their mothers, grandmothers, children working for such an unlawful group of wage cheaters? I think not, and there are ways to vote with you wallet and not shop these stores, as there are many others that are honest, treat employees correctly, and don't have a stack of violations so huge there is no doubt they have corrupt management. imho

Folks don't need to shop Wall-Mart or Sam's Club, as there is Publix, Target, Costco, and others that don't have these ugly and corrupt management methods. imho

Vote for honest stores with your patronage, and make a statement for honesty and fairness for employees being mistreated by not going to these that cheat and scam their employees out of their social well being..

edit on 11-3-2013 by MagnumOpus because: Unlawful methods to cheat workers out of time worked being exposed by methods designed to cheat workers.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey there, Mag! Missed ya!!

The way I "vote" is by using non-publicly-traded firms.

I don't know if you're familiar with TV commercials (adverts), but an example is Nationwide Insurance. They put their customers first because they don't have shareholders.

Walmart's founder, Sam, must be horrified with what his family has done to his business. Shameful.

Employers need to realize that without their workers they are SUNK.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hello Wild,

Missed you too, and good to see ya!

Yeah Corporations haven't noticed that when they cheat their employees, it is a breach of contract and the employees tend to form class action suits against the company and sick the Dept of Labor and other things on them.

Dishonest companies soon get found out. Yes, I don't think Sam Walton would be behind this system they have today that pretty much abuses their employees and makes for lots of turn overs.

Keep up the good work on ATS with helping to have a world with much less ignorance!! Our Mission in Life is knowledge that will set everyone free, especially free of economic oppression and wage cheaters.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Enjoyed reading this thread, you make many valid points.

Greed makes me sick. How companies on a global level are allowed to employ people and pay them only poverty wages is a complete joke. God forbid the shareholders loose a few million, you'd think it was the end of the world with the way they talk about losing profit.

Trouble is business has no moral obligation to treat its workers like people. People have to work, there's no other way around it, They've boxed people in and they know they can do whatever they like. Slave workers in china, Slave workers in america, lots of profit at the top.

Greed just makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hello,

Thanks for your comments and I agree!

Yes, many Corporations like Wall-Mart, Sams, and Crossmark are into money generally via cutting the employee down with extremely low wages and cuts to part time.

Crossmark appears to be the most infamous and you can see some of their tactics, even going to to point of faking up illnesses out of nothing to get tax breaks. They will defame their employees and engage in breach of of contract type issues with cheating employees out of wages. imho

Thanks to the Internet, others across the country can see what they have done to others, another case in point here:

www.complaintsboard.com... plano-tx-california-c379024.html

This company may get you by for awhile. I lasted one and half years, but I put up with many false allegations, manipulative tactics of corporate to try to find reasons for employees [me being one of them] to give medical evidence for perceived medical problems the company would decide were present, even psychiatric problems. I found the company would take these medical releases, then expect a notice of accomodation, then get a large tax credit off any employee they could lead naively into such circumstances. This is very disrespectful, greedy, and unethical.

Thsi company says it has integrity. Not, not one ounce. They will feign having integrity, but completely violate discrimination laws by covering up true allegations of misconduct with their supervisors.

I put up with derogatory comments and abusive tactics, behaviors, lies, dishonesty, and butt covering like I've never seen in an employer. But, it worked for as long as I could completely ignore it, until it got worse.

And when I resigned, they were trying to get me to stay why? So, they could continue to undermine and devalue my relationship as an employee?

I did not deserve this treatment, was making a lot of sales, training other people, and not even expecting raises or persisting to get promotions.

I put up with so much scapegoating, blaming, and unreasonable write ups from supervisors who were, basically, sexist, in my opinion, who made so many lying rebuttals as to why his write up actions and behaviors were only disciplinary procedures or necessary, blaming completely the employee.

More:

I currently work for Crossmark and am waiting for the right moment and trying to gain the support to file a complaint against the company. The employees at Sams are paid for 360 minutes daily, but are illeagally forced to work 30-90 minutes without being paid for it. If this has happened to you we must unite against Crossmark!

More:

I was a corporate client service manager in Planoand everything written here is factual. Iwas a top performer and I left due to the unethical practices by this company. I have been in the retail business for 30 years wroking for some major national headqurtered companies and I have never ever seen such blatent disregard for employees as well as clients.

And tons more information appears on this web page and many others:

What one will notice is around 75 percent of the Crossmark Business is associated with Sam's Clubs, so they are propping up this type unscrupulous activity via using Crossmark management in their Clubs!! They are joined at the hip, as Siamese twins.

How to deal with these corrupt companies is using the DOL---file complaints on all their wrong.
Call the BBB and make complaints.

And Use the Internet to warn others of just how companies like Crossmark and Sam's Club via association, abuse their employees in various ways. imho

edit on 13-3-2013 by MagnumOpus because: Outing the corrupt practices of abusive companies

top topics

join