It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-naked man with assault rifle shoots up bar, killing one in Pennsylvania

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOMof3
Who me? I just don't have any more to say. I said my position, got called names, so you must be children. Bye.

There it is! The shrill mating cry of the American Liberal: "Anybody who disagrees with me is stupid".

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com... firmly on topic this time
it seems that the crazied gunman was stopped by unarmed bar patrons and was held there tell police showed up(by held i mean beaten quite severely)

A third man tackled the shooter after being shot in the arm. Bar customers restrained the suspect until police arrived on the scene. In video broadcast by KDKA, the man appeared to be wearing only underwear and had a bloody bandage on his head, presumably the result of a beating at the hands of bar patrons.

freakoutnation.com...

CBS Pittsburgh reports, ”He was having relationship problems and may have been in the midst of an argument with someone via his cell phone and text messaging. Left the bar, went out to his car, returned to the bar with what we know now is three hand guns. He gets into the bar and tells two of the patrons to leave. He then starts shooting the other patrons of the bar,” Allegheny County Police Lt. Andrew Schurman said.”

so as other members have pointed out already it was basicly a man going nuts over his failed relationship...and that most likely he just snapped.

also of note knotice the original title of op: that he had an assult rifle.....well it seems that he may have had one but didnt use it and used 3 handguns to do his dirty work(probably why he was stripped to make sure he had no other weapons) it just goes to show the ignorance that pervades the media. hey lets get a story out there about a crazy guy with "assault weapons"....but he didnt use any of them....well screw the truth we only want ratings and controversy

edit on 12-3-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Criminals are criminals and don't follow laws so why try to modify laws for law abiding citizens. Government control at it's best.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by skoalman88

LOL, well said and I have to agree this is a turning point for me now and there is no other choice left then to heed your wise words...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by goou111

Why should we even try then? Is that your logic?

There are still drunk drivers so why even have laws against it. See how stupid it sounds when used on another topic?

You should think a little harder next time.

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by gladtobehere

But if you were thinking about this rationaly and making equal comparisons we wouldnt be talking.

edit on 11-3-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

So are we supposed to make comparisons or not?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
First post, newbie here, don't mind me.

edit on 13/3/13 by Hypnowolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
reply to post by something wicked

I go to gun shows all the time . . . very few people get guns from the private sellers, as the are collectors, not dealers. These collectors usually have old and collectable guns that most people aren't looking for anyway.

You are talking about such a small percentage and I would bet, as others said previously, there are no "criminals" going to guns shows for "illegal" guns. It's cheaper to buy them on the street.

Furthermore, I know several collectors that still make people fill out the 4473 form. Also, I didn't see the piece, but was it edited? Did they go to the seller before hand talk and then start recording? Is everything on the news and print always on the "up and up"?

If people are so scared of this there is a very simple solution . . . Outlaw private sales at gun shows. Problem solved, move along . . . no more need for hysterics.
edit on 3/12/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

Hi, the piece didn't look edited and it certainly wasn't an antique weapon. It was screened in the UK so you wouldn't have seen it unless BBC world show it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

So technically they aren't C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L-S at all, they got a gun at a legal show from a private dealer that at the moment is allowed under the law. So technically they aren't C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L-S at all, they got a gun at a legal show from a private dealer that at the moment is allowed under the law.

Do you get that now, do you understand what I've written?

So non-criminals are buying guns? What need is there for closing a loophole?

I thought maybe there was a point to closing the loophole..... maybe preventing criminals from getting guns???

Which, as I have already pointed out, is not solved by passing more laws.

Do you get that now, do you understand what I've written?

I understood what you wrote. I am not certain that you understand the problem.

How do you know it's a non criminal buying a gun if the private seller does no check? Do you now understand the point I am making? And just to state the obvious, you aren't a criminal until you commit the crime.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by solomons path

Maybe some people that are posting should visit a gun show and stand in line for an hour or more to get an 'instant' background check, then they might have a leg to stand on. They get their info from a television show.

Are you suggesting the documentary was fabricated? How so if you didn't see it? Are you referring to me but not actually mature enough to say so?

Someone approached a stall (hidden camera) and was asked if they were American and if they had a Texas driving license. When the said yes to both they were told they were good to buy. The private seller at the same show did not request any identification whatsoever and a weapon was purchased from them.

Are you saying this was fabricated? If so, that's your issue, not mine.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

How do you know it's a non criminal buying a gun if the private seller does no check? Do you now understand the point I am making? And just to state the obvious, you aren't a criminal until you commit the crime.

Hello.
It is already illegal for any person to transfer a firearm to a felon. That's that. It is illegal. It doesn't matter if you know whether the person is a felon or not. It is up to you, as a seller to verify that the person is a qualified buyer.

I have already listed out the ways that a felon can get a gun..... all of them break existing law.

I get it that you want to have all guns registered and tracked in the US. Why don't you move here and vote then, if you want to exact a little control over us?
Here is a question for you.

Why was the straw buyer that admitted to supplying the Columbine shooters with guns NEVER charged with that crime???

Why not enforce existing laws... especially when the person admits to the criminal acts???

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Maybe some people that are posting should visit a gun show and stand in line for an hour or more to get an 'instant' background check, then they might have a leg to stand on. They get their info from a television show.

Are you suggesting the documentary was fabricated? How so if you didn't see it? Are you referring to me but not actually mature enough to say so?

Someone approached a stall (hidden camera) and was asked if they were American and if they had a Texas driving license. When the said yes to both they were told they were good to buy. The private seller at the same show did not request any identification whatsoever and a weapon was purchased from them.

Do you live in the US?
What is your interest in our laws, our lifestyle or anything here?
Have you been to a gun show here?Better yet, DO YOU KNOW IF ANYTHING THAT YOU SAW ON THE DOCUMENTARY WAS REAL?
There was a 'documentary' on TV last fall about mermaids being real. A lot of ATS'ers post on threads about it, thinking that mermaids exist, because of what they saw in that documentary. It was false, there were two documented facts used in the show.

Do you believe everything that you see on TV.

And please get this point....

It is not illegal to make a private firearm sale to a qualified person. It is not a 'loophole'.

It is illegal to sell to a felon.... period!

Need more laws? Get 'em passed in your homeland.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Do you live in the US?
What is your interest in our laws, our lifestyle or anything here?
Have you been to a gun show here?Better yet, DO YOU KNOW IF ANYTHING THAT YOU SAW ON THE DOCUMENTARY WAS REAL?
There was a 'documentary' on TV last fall about mermaids being real. A lot of ATS'ers post on threads about it, thinking that mermaids exist, because of what they saw in that documentary. It was false, there were two documented facts used in the show.

Do you believe everything that you see on TV.

And please get this point....

It is not illegal to make a private firearm sale to a qualified person. It is not a 'loophole'.

It is illegal to sell to a felon.... period!

Need more laws? Get 'em passed in your homeland.

I asked a question, and yes, I do think the documentary was real. I don't recall any reference to mermaids, stop making childish arguments. It matters not that I don't live in America and I wasn't pontificating about anything, I merely asked if the loophole (yes it is a loophole, that's why a law is going through congress to remove it) was seen as a 'good' thing.

As for the rest of your post, glad you got it off your chest, irrelevant really but whatever makes you feel good.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Yet here you are with nothing substantive to add either way!!!

Substance ?!

You guys have completely derailed this thread with all of your same old rinse and repeat bickering, ad nauseum.

I clicked on the thread to read the news about a half naked guy going postal in a bar and had to sift through several pages of this derailed garbage trying to find any further information/news/updates to the original OP topic.

Do you understand the point of my post now ?

Why don't you guys start a "Gun Fight Thread" or something where you can bicker and argue until the cows come home all you want and leave the damn news threads to be just that.

It's bloody ridiculous already.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I think that it is childish to believe that getting rid of the 'loophole' will change anything.

How are private sales outside a gun show a loophole, when private sales are legal?
I hope that you see my point. There is no regulation of private sales.
It is not legal to transfer a firearm to a felon, whether it is a sale, gift or loan.

My point about your being from the UK would be, why do you care about what we do here? If you want to stop gun related violence, start in some countries in sub Saharan Africa. Seriously, do a little google search on the rates of gun related deaths there. It is horrifying.

As for me, I will concern myself with my native land.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I think that it is childish to believe that getting rid of the 'loophole' will change anything.

How are private sales outside a gun show a loophole, when private sales are legal?
I hope that you see my point. There is no regulation of private sales.
It is not legal to transfer a firearm to a felon, whether it is a sale, gift or loan.

My point about your being from the UK would be, why do you care about what we do here? If you want to stop gun related violence, start in some countries in sub Saharan Africa. Seriously, do a little google search on the rates of gun related deaths there. It is horrifying.

As for me, I will concern myself with my native land.

The only comment I can really make to that is I live on the same planet as you and like to show an interest - it's called being informed. If ATS is about showing no interest in anything apart from things that occur in your own country then it would be labelled as such. But having said that, I don't see any posts on ATS from people in sub Sahran Africa talking about their gun rights, so kind of irrelevant isn't it?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Originally posted by goou111

at least 4 guns

Hmmm

en.wikipedia.org...

Morse code for the "ch" sound is 4 dashes

Chrome

Ch rome

Pope - Catholicism

Deny Ignorance my ignorant friend