It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-naked man with assault rifle shoots up bar, killing one in Pennsylvania

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

A reasonable person who couldnt pay for a potential mistake while using a dangerous tool WOULDNT USE IT.

They shouldnt be driving if they cant pay for insurance.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
EQUALS =

Don't you all know that? Duh.......Ban alchohol and gun violence stops......Wait, what??

This thread got derailed faster than me typing this out....Geesh

You guys do know people died in this bar (R.I.P.), and how did this turn into a government laws thread??

Oh well, some things are more important right??

edit on 3/11/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
questions:

was it 3 or 4 weapons.

and

WHERE did he keep them? He was half naked....

I am not saying it DIDNT happen. It is just odd.....

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

You cant legally make a car out of tin foil, plaster, or dried mud. so you could say they banned some cars.

But if you were thinking about this rationaly and making equal comparisons we wouldnt be talking.

edit on 11-3-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by seabag

So there are states where you can drive without headlights at night? If your comparing this to guns then there would have to be for you to have a point. I can garantee you if there were... the federal government would get involved. You cant allow states to ignore reasonable laws using freedom as an excuse.

Just because the federal government isnt currently involved in ceratin things doesnt mean it wouldnt if it needed to.

All states have gun laws of some type. It is illegal to "brandish" a weapon in every city/town/etc, in America. It is illegal to discharge a gun, except in self defense, in every city/town/etc, in America.

Sounds like you just aren't very educated to what is already ill/legal from state to state and are just parroting the FED talking points. I'm much safer against gun violence in PHX than in Chicago, where they don't allow ownership or open/conceal carry . . . So, what laws are going to stop this that are not already on the books?
edit on 3/11/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

You cant allow states to ignore reasonable laws using freedom as an excuse.

This is where you are totally off base, sir.

You think the federal government is the ultimate authority over states. Have you heard of the 10th amendment??

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Saying people are still going to commit crimes isnt an agrument against reasonable laws...

If states dont want to do it themselves then im gratefull to have a federal government to shove it down their throats.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
EQUALS =

Don't you all know that? Duh.......Ban alchohol and gun violence stops......Wait, what??

This thread got derailed faster than me typing this out....Geesh

You guys do know people died in this bar (R.I.P.), and how did this turn into a government laws thread??

Oh well, some things are more important right??

edit on 3/11/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

Yes. Tragic that someone died. Happens to thousands, in one form or another, every day in this country. All tragic, unless you put a "value" on how they died? So, what makes this incident any different than the other people who died in Penn that day, other than the national attention and lip service coming from the Fed gov?

And yes . . . guns plus alcohol plus unstable/emotional people = shootings. Replace guns with any other weapon or fist and you get the same reaction (violence).

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

If states dont want to do it themselves then im gratefull to have a federal government to shove it down their throats.

THERE WE HAVE IT, FOLKS!

The authoritarian wants to shove his ideals down our throats irrespective of the constitution.

Thanks for finally coming clean!

link   

Well, as was pointed out in the post above yours, the 10th Amendment disagrees with you on this. Thankfully.

link   

Saying people are still going to commit crimes isnt an agrument against reasonable laws...

States have done it . . . it's illegal. What is so hard to understand. What he did was illegal . . . he is going to jail. It's also illegal to stab someone. It's illegal to beat someone senseless. It's illegal to intentionally hit someone with your car.

I'm not sure you really understand what illegal means or realize that the FED is lying when they say "some states allow". Other than ownership . . . no states allow gun violence.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I care about reasonable laws and regulations needed to protect society. If this goes against the constitution then so be it.

Those old men couldnt have thought of all the potential the future holds so how can you possibly claim the constitution is currently perfect and unchangeable? Expecting a single document to last for all time and cover all potentials is rather foolish.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Maybe you should read what the OP said beyond the news story...

that might help you understand what im addressing.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

I care about reasonable laws and regulations needed to protect society. If this goes against the constitution then so be it.

Those old men couldnt have thought of all the potential the future holds so how can you possibly claim the constitution is currently perfect and unchangeable? Expecting a single document to last for all time and cover all potentials is rather foolish.

5x (over 100k) die from pharmacueticals each year . . . When do you start your crusade against their horrors and the crooked FDA complicit in their malfeasance?

I think it's clear you've outed yourself a Collectivist, at this point . . . I'm not a fan of Totalitarian regimes. Maybe you should just move to a country that already has that style of governance in place? Maybe China?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

Originally posted by Manhater
Seriously, since when are you allowed in a bar half-naked? Who took his clothes?

Maybe the bar was called "The Manhole" ?

And much more interesting .. where do you put 4 guns when you do not have clothing on ?

depends how excited you get i suppose...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I think it is fear of breaking the second amendment. Since those judges ruled in 2005 that owning a gun was OK for protection of property law enforcement has been running scared.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I read it . . . says "gun laws don't work".

He is right. He didn't say get rid of all gun laws and even clarified later he meant "more gun laws" and thinks that the current ones are just fine if enforced. I fully agree with that.

It's illegal to bring a gun to a bar. It's illegal to shoot others. It's illegal to own unlicensed firearms.

Seems like this guy wasn't following any of the current laws, why would he follow one or two more?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The Constitution is a timeless document.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I said gun laws dont work.

There was a story a couple days ago from Australia where a gunman was running around a mall ,and this is an Australia a country with some of the strictest gun laws..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
So are you saying gun laws do work?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Replace "guns" with any other type of law and see how that works out for you. Claiming that people will still commit crimes isnt an argument against enacting reasonable laws.

Having reasonable laws is only one part of what we need to do to prevent crime. Registration and insurance for the operation of dangerous tools is reasonable.

Now what is your counter?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join