It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-naked man with assault rifle shoots up bar, killing one in Pennsylvania

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

Enacting reasonable laws like requirements for registration and insurance are only one piece of the puzzle. This is hopefully obvious to you...

We need to change society and its glorification of dangerous and self-destructive things.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Enacting reasonable laws like requirements for registration and insurance are only one piece of the puzzle. This is hopefully obvious to you...

We have enough laws. Another piece of paper signed by some putz in a suit isn’t going to prevent anything.

We need to change society and its glorification of dangerous and self-destructive things.

I agree with this statement but you don’t accomplish this by making it harder for law abiding citizens to get firearms. There are plenty of ways to not glorify guns but laws aren’t one of them. You can't legislate behavior.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I guess there weren't any knives or bats available....

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by GMan420

And arresting people for the actual illegal act of DUI is a piece of the puzzle as well...

BTW, I'm not required to register or get insurance on my vehicle if I only drive it on my private property... how would you feel about gun regulations keeping that path?

Like alcohol?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Having insurance and registration for a vehicle doesnt prevent responsible people from driving and it would be the same for gun ownership.

Your making claims about it being "too difficult" for people to own guns... and its really pithy.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is just one more case the state will now spend time and money prosecuting. If the average citizen was armed, the only cost in this case, would be throwing him in a grave, and the time spent filing a police report.

We don't need more gun laws. We need less.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is there any specific legislation that bans guns in bars or is it just considered 'good manners' for the obvious reason that alcohol+guns is not one of the greatest combinations and who fancies turfing out a drunk with a gun trying to reach the bottom of the bottle due to the wife leaving him for his best mate

But would love to know what was in those text messages that drove him so mad

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
What is a . .

a full loaded M4 assault-style, semi-automatic rifle
?

It sounds like an AR-15 with accessories..but they sure found a way to make it sound scary. Another nut case going postal. I'm afraid we'll be seeing more of this as the times for many continue to stay hard and/or worsen.

M4 is a gas operated carbine arm, that is based on the original AR-15 design, which is actually a smaller verison of the M16.

If we are talking "civilian" version, which I assume since it said "style" . . . it's basically a gas operated AR-15. However, I know a lot of the civilian models are not gas operated they just look like M4's . . . so, yes same as AR-15 most likely.

link   
reply to post by GMan420

As long as we can assure that something so small and portable doesnt leave your private property then i would agree, but the size, portability, and capable range of such things would require additional measures. One wrong turn of the ignition switch doesnt send your car flying a mile away killing someone.

Maybe if your gun only had a range that equaled the size of your property...

We have resonable laws for booze.... what we dont have is the capablity to address the psychological aspects of these problems which complicate things beyond reasonable laws.

edit on 11-3-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

link   

Having insurance and registration for a vehicle doesnt prevent responsible people from driving and it would be the same for gun ownership.

Your making claims about it being "too difficult" for people to own guns... and its really pithy.

Would you tell a law abiding driver that he can’t own a sports car or SUV because you don’t think they’re safe or because some people use them inappropriately?

Why do you think you can tell me what type of rifle I can own or how many rounds my magazines can hold simply because some people chose to use firearms inappropriately?

If I want a 600 horse power car and a semi-automatic rifle (maybe even together) it's none of your business as long as I obey the law. You want to move the goal post because YOU don't like something and that's BS!

edit on 11-3-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by GMan420

Sure . . . we can start with the glorification on guns in the media. Especially, movies, tv, and cartoons.

Maybe Obama and dems can get their Hollywood friends to make another PSA pressuring people not to spend any money on the Movie/TV industry until producers stop putting out violent media.

Works for me . . .

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Is there any specific legislation that bans guns in bars or is it just considered 'good manners' for the obvious reason that alcohol+guns is not one of the greatest combinations and who fancies turfing out a drunk with a gun trying to reach the bottom of the bottle due to the wife leaving him for his best mate

Even for a concealed license holder there are laws against carrying a weapon in a bar. Common sense laws are already on the books in every state. There is no need for more laws.

Surely he was angry at a woman. Women are the cause of most anger and heartache.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

There are regulations for window tinting... tire size... having working signal lights and headlights.

Or did you forget?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria

Most, if not all, states outlaw firearm possesion in any establishment that sells alcohol. Beyond that, all bars (in AZ at least) post "no firearms allowed" signage at the door.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So this thread is about the proposed ban on cell phones used to speak with women at motels from bars?
NnnKay...

Edit to add my curiosity in why the guy was running aboot in his boxers? Perhaps they have significance to the dame in the motel?
edit on 11-3-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

There are regulations for window tinting... tire size... having working signal lights and headlights.

Or did you forget?

Those are STATE laws, not FEDERAL laws.

I can move away from a state if I disagree. I don't think there should be more federal involvement in guns with so many laws on the books already.

Joe Biden even admits that more laws aren't going to prevent any deaths.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Oh yes it does when they can not afford insurance and therefore cannot drive. More importantly, you may be onto something here...

The insurance companies would LOVE to force all gun owners to comply with stupid insurance policies to all registered gun owners.

Oh the greed never ends does it?

edit on 11-3-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So there are states where you can drive without headlights at night? If your comparing this to guns then there would have to be for you to have a point. I can garantee you if there were... the federal government would get involved. You cant allow states to ignore reasonable laws using freedom as an excuse.

Just because the federal government isnt currently involved in ceratin things doesnt mean it wouldnt if it needed to.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by GMan420

As long as we can assure that something so small and portable doesnt leave your private property then i would agree, but the size, portability, and capable range of such things would require additional measures. One wrong turn of the ignition switch doesnt send your car flying a mile away killing someone.

Maybe if your gun only had a range that equaled the size of your property...

We have resonable laws for booze.... what we dont have is the capablity to address the psychological aspects of these problems which complicate things beyond reasonable laws.

edit on 11-3-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

If I were to negligently fire a gun towards another person's house and hit it, that would be against current law. Do you feel we need additional laws to cover that situation? It sounds like you are assuming that every person is inherently irresponsible and that they need to prove otherwise in your eyes to be deemed responsible enough to own a gun. Sometimes, I feel most people are too stupid to exercise their 1st Amendment rights properly. What should I do about this situation?

Yes, we currently have reasonable laws for booze (as we do for guns). However, an unacceptable number of children are still killed by drunk drivers every year. Why do we continue to let people have access to a substance that has no positive benefits when consumed the way it is, but still kills thousands of innocents yearly?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by goou111

Why should we even try then? Is that your logic?

There are still drunk drivers so why even have laws against it. See how stupid it sounds when used on another topic?

You should think a little harder next time.

With drunk drivers, they prosecute the individual not ban the product.

With guns, they want to ban the product, not just prosecute the individual.

See how stupid it sounds when used on another topic?

You should think a little harder next time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join