It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kintsukuroi people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Kintsukuroi (n.) (v. phr.) – “to repair with gold”; the art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer and understanding that the piece is more beautiful for having been broken.
– Japanese
enmcreative.com...

So I just came across this art of fixing broken pottery with gold or silver. It has great meaning to it. There are many takes on it since it is philosophically inspiring in many ways.

My take, that when broken inside. When shattered emotionally, you have an opportunity to make yourself better than before. I remember working for a master welder. He always said that when he was done, the pieces were stronger after he joined them. That his welds were an improvement to the metal.

This reminds me of my time in that shop. We made broken things better. This is just like that. Instead of throwing things away, erasing parts of us that we find to be weak or useless that we should try to take the opportunity to fill the void of their jaded edges with something precious. That we can be more beautiful and stronger after being broken.

Accept your weakness, accept your brokenness. Your "ugliness", Accept it, and become a master at improving your weakness until you are better for it. Become more BECAUSE of your faults. Improve on them.

One more thing that I heard recently that to me applies to this train of thought.
"An amateur practices until he gets it right. A master practices until he can not get it wrong."
Both work off their mistakes. They do so differently though and that is what makes a master or not.

Master yourself.

make Kintsukuroi of your spirit.

edit on 11-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Trust is like broken vase.. once its broken... its all gold and expensive.

Its a good(& expensive) way to remember something bad hahaha.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

while I would usually agree with that, I have ONE reservation.

Most of the time people REALLY dont want forgiveness. They mostly couldnt care less to make amends. That is why trust is crap once broken.

BUT

There is the rare instance when someone betrays you and repents, when they have a conscience and it weighs on them so much that they DO make amends and live the rest of their lives with an EXTRA amount of consideration towards you or the subject which they betrayed you on.

I know of people that cheated and REALLY went through hell and WILL NEVER cheat again. Their partner may not know about how they feel, and if they found out would NEVER trust them. They would still deserve it though. Their faithfulness is absolute now having seen that they did something heinous.

there are other examples I can think of, but you get the idea. Sometimes things get stronger. Like a rough patch in life may bring you to almost get a divorce, but you MAY come out stronger then ever.

It is a big IF....

edit on 11-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Haha, i was joking toward the original OP but i will respond due to the amount of time you put into the reply.

Yes, for me, if a trust is broken, i could never trust the person again 100%. This is a big thing in relationship. If a person cheats once, i'm done. Absolutely No forgiveness.

I can see this take place in my group of friends, the ones that i trusted to do things but have not (even if its something small) i usually slowly distance myself (sub consciously), i barely go to them to discuss plans and events.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

yeah, same.

But I was originally thinking of this being a personal thing. Like YOU fixing you instead of giving up on something about YOU.

But all the same. I cant really disagree with you. Trust is sacred.

new topics

top topics

join