It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead pigs float down river by the thousands in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
www.latimes.com...

Thousands of dead pigs have been found in the Huangpu River since last week. A report on the Chinese news portal Xinmin.cn, said that 3,323 dead pigs had been found through Sunday night.

Shanghai authorities said they believed flotilla of pigs came from neighboring Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces and had been dumped in the river after they died. More than 20,000 pigs are reported to have died since the beginning of this year in Jiaxing alone, where a pig breeding facility is located about 50 miles to the west of Shanghai at the upper reaches of the Huangpu River. Some of the pigs had ear tags identifying them as coming from Jiaxing.

“This is obviously threatening the local water resources,’’ said Ma Jun, a leading environmental expert. “Usually, we see dead livestock in the river during the flooding season, but this a different case and the numbers are large.’’

I am speechless, as during a natural disaster I could understand dead animals in the water.

This is a lot of pigs, i'm curious to the cause of death for so many swine.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I wonder why they were killed in such huge numbers

If there was a legit reason to kill them, then wouldnt burning them be a better alternative than dumping them?

Unbelievable

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

This may not be the first time...news can be unreliable at times..maybe the are doing what the diamond companies do and that's to dump some of their product to keep the price high.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I'm with you on that one, it's stated that it's illegal to send animals down river in China but it doesn't seem like it phased the farmer one bit. Never the less it's in the river that is used for it's main source of water.....

Pig flavored water..... I gag thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Let's hope that they didn't come down with some wicked new virus.
Especially one that could be spread to humans.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I'm wondering the same thing, and if they did die of natural causes why didn't they burn them.

I'll keep an eye out if more details are released.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

water supplies not effected lol, pull the other one ...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

I'm wondering the same thing, and if they did die of natural causes why didn't they burn them.

And how precisely do you suggest to go ahead with burning 20.000 pigs ?

Ignite them one by one or get a supertanker with fuel and soak the whole pile ?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Dig a long trench, get a LOT of banana leaves, a couple barrels of pineapple slices, couple barrels of honey glaze, etc., etc.

Seriously though, Swine Flu maybe?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Different forum, so it's cool.
edit on 11-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The count is up to nearly 6,000 now...and they keep on coming! yay!...rotten bacon for USA!

The other thread is older btw...it was made on March 10....not the 11th.
edit on 3/12/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ignite them one by one or get a supertanker with fuel and soak the whole pile ?
:
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

There are ways. Im not the expert on how. But it should be common sense not to dump 20,000 pigs into the water. You do what you need to avoid that.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Maybe they could be dried and powdered and then sold off as a cure for Erectile Dysfunction??

I mean why not stranger things have been used!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Obviously a pig "flu" of some kind. Spreading to humans is the question of the hour (a few pig farmers and workers have died). What's the best thing to do with contaminating pigs? Throw them in the river and let the current take care of it! (why those "farmers" aren't arrested is the other question of the hour. To make it "my questions three", who would count the exact number of pigs? 3,323, give or take a piglet.)

top topics

join