It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Allah says to Christians

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You know how you come across, though?

I don't care, that's the point. Like I said, if my purpose was to make friends and gain votes then I would be concerned about censoring my opinions to make everyone happy.

Which has never been my goal or motive. If I were to someday be concerned with making a lot of friends, getting stars, and a ton of atta-boys and pats on the back I know the M.O...

1. Make a thread critical of Christ/Christians/Jews/Israel.

Then yes, the circle-jerk would commence.

edit on 12-3-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'm an apologist, not a pastor or evangelist.

Since meeting you, I have looked quite a bit into "Apologetics" - their history, their arguments, their rebuttals, their blogs that coach others....
and you know what I keep seeing?

The biggest mistake Apologists make is in not BEHAVING in a way that shows Christ-like behavior, rather than bashing people over the head (no matter how "subtly"), refusing to hear their points, and insisting that you know everything.

(You don't.) And you don't care who you piss off doing it, nor do you look into other's perspectives. Your attitude is neither adult, nor professional.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

How's that going in Egypt? Or Sudan?

Are Christians treating suspected witches, especially Children..... with "love" in Africa?
Or are they pouring acid down their throats?

One mother tried to saw off the top of her daughters skull, another victim had a nail driven into her head, another was buried alive, one was doused in caustic acid, and another was chained, beaten and starved by her family pastor whom her uncle paid $60 for the exorcism.

voices.yahoo.com...

edit on 12-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

logical7 isn't in any of those countries. Talk about straw man.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You still seem to be confusing an apologist with an evangelist.

That's like confusing the men guarding the fort with the ambassador to the UN.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Because the purpose of the sacrifices were to teach the Jews, not for a need of God.

You do realize there was TWO tents in the wilderness correct? One for YHWH and another for Moloch?

Stephen in Acts 7... sheds light on a lot of things in Exodus.

Regarding the tent (or tabernacle in some translations)

“However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:

“‘Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
What kind of house will you build for me?
says the Lord.
Or where will my resting place be?
Has not my hand made all these things?’

So.... why would God dwell in a tent?

The tent or the tabernacle was revealed by Stephen to be a tabernacle for Molek and some star god in Acts 7:43

“‘Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?
You have taken up the tabernacle of Molek
and the star of your god Rephan,

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

How's that going in Egypt? Or Sudan?

Are Christians treating suspected witches, especially Children..... with "love" in Africa?
Or are they pouring acid down their throats?

One mother tried to saw off the top of her daughters skull, another victim had a nail driven into her head, another was buried alive, one was doused in caustic acid, and another was chained, beaten and starved by her family pastor whom her uncle paid $60 for the exorcism.

voices.yahoo.com...

Non-sequitur. None of that has anything to do with Christian/Muslim relations in Iran, Egypt, or the Sudan. Where there is a coordinated group effort to persecute and perpetuate genocide on a group of people.

Especially hypocritical when one considers that Muslims claim that "there is no compulsion in religion"!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Oh, honestly! NuT! I'm not the one who is confused. How often do you actually do introspective exercises?

Or, is your motive and purpose just to piss people off? Prove yourself? Get to heaven? Avoid hell? Feel good about your ego? I don't see anything at all that is "helpful" to anyone - or that you are truly interested in discovering the truth.

Whatever. I'm done.

Sorry, log7, for derailing your thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yeah, I just mentioned that there were two tabernacles in the wilderness. One to YHWH and one dedicated to Moloch.

It's in the OT as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Oh, honestly! NuT! I'm not the one who is confused. How often do you actually do introspective exercises?

Or, is your motive and purpose just to piss people off? Prove yourself? Get to heaven? Avoid hell? Feel good about your ego? I don't see anything at all that is "helpful" to anyone - or that you are truly interested in discovering the truth.

Whatever. I'm done.

Sorry, log7, for derailing your thread.

Yes, you are confused.

Evangelism is the preaching of the Christian Gospel or the practice of relaying information about a particular set of beliefs to others with the object of conversion.

Evangelism

My "object" isn't conversion, it's apologetics. I'm not an evangelist.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Non-sequitur. None of that has anything to do with Christian/Muslim relations in Iran, Egypt, or the Sudan. Where there is a coordinated group effort to persecute and perpetuate genocide on a group of people.

Point being, people living in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones at others.
In your case, you accuse muslims in Egypt and Sudan of violence, when we have on record that Christians in Africa are as violent.... even towards their own children.

Especially hypocritical when one considers that Muslims claim that "there is no compulsion in religion"!!!

Hate crimes are committed by everybody. There is no doubt about that. If you wish to smear all muslims with the same brush for the crimes of some extremists, then the same applies to you.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yeah, I just mentioned that there were two tabernacles in the wilderness. One to YHWH and one dedicated to Moloch.

It's in the OT as well.

Theres something about a tent / tabernacle in the wilderness... dedicated to Molok? What verse, exactly?

Because Stephen accused the Jewish priesthood of having a tent for Molok.... 2000 years after the exodus.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Point being, people living in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones at others.

Point being nothing! You don't use the exception to define the rule, that's a massive fallacy of logic. You're attempting the justification of mass genocide and religious persecution of millions of Christians in three separate nations where the two "live side-by-side", by comparing it to the action of an exponentionally small fraction of a group in one isolated location and instance.

You might as well compare Nazis and Stormtroopers from Star Wars on the basis that they both had guns.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Hate crimes are committed by everybody. There is no doubt about that. If you wish to smear all muslims with the same brush for the crimes of some extremists, then the same applies to you.

No, I was pointing out the error in the claim that Muslims and Christians live peaceful lives "side by side". The ONLY instance where that is true is in police states, or states not controlled by Muslims.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Be real for a minute Skorp, I know you identify with Islam. So which eschatological camp do you fall in?

That;

Camp A: Muslims should kill Jews and Christians now wherever they be.
Camp B: Muslims should wait till the Mahdi comes then proceed with the killing of Christians and Jews.

Camp C: Muslim apostate.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Point being nothing! You don't use the exception to define the rule, that's a massive fallacy of logic.

You were the one using the exception among muslims in Sudan and Egypt to frame muslims in general as violent.

You're attempting the justification of mass genocide and religious persecution of millions of Christians in three separate nations where the two "live side-by-side", by comparing it to the action of an exponentionally small fraction of a group in one isolated location and instance.

And I could just as well say that you are attempting to justify the horrific torture of children at the hands of their Christian parents and Pastors.
So basically, when Christians do nasty things.... its always an "exponentially small fraction of a group" and "isolated instances". It appears you reserve this kind of discretion only for Christians. But when nasty things are carried out by Muslims... everybody is smeared with the same brush.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Camp A: Muslims should kill Jews and Christians now wherever they be.
Camp B: Muslims should wait till the Mahdi comes then proceed with the killing of Christians and Jews.
Camp C: Muslim apostate.

Camp D : Muslims and Christians await Jesus' return and then see what he does.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

No, I was pointing out the error in the claim that Muslims and Christians live peaceful lives "side by side". The ONLY instance where that is true is in police states, or states not controlled by Muslims.

I don't live in a police state.
I don't live in a state run by Muslims.
And... muslims and christians live peacefully side by side.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

It's in the OT as well.

Theres something about a tent / tabernacle in the wilderness... dedicated to Molok? What verse, exactly?

Because Stephen accused the Jewish priesthood of having a tent for Molok.... 2000 years after the exodus.

Two Tabernacles/Magen David/Star of Rephraim

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You were the one using the exception among muslims in Sudan and Egypt to frame muslims in general as violent.

No, I was using the situations in Egypt, Sudan, and Iran to shread the argument that Muslims and Christians live peacefully "side by side ".

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join