It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Allah says to Christians

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I couldn't care less what allah has to say to me.

Originally posted by wildtimes
Are you in any way aware of how your posts are portraying you lately? It's disturbing

Gotta back up NoTurTypical on this one.
There is no reason to care what their 'allah' has to say.
It's just a man made bunch of stuff .. made up to gain control over people.
God didn't dictate what is in the Qu'ran.
So the 'threats' and words supposedly from Allah in the Qu'ran are not really from God at all.
It's just threats from one human to other humans ... do what I say or face a sword chopping off your head ... or face hellfire for all eternity .. or face not being 'serviced by virgins' forever ...

Whatever ...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
You must be very curious about virgins because they are not of kind of prophet and god which you used together. They come at high prize. I bet they won't come to those who mock and do whatever they desire.

Oh golly ... more muslim male fixation with a womans sexual status ...
Dude .. 'they' (the so-called Virgins) won't come because there aren't any 'servicing virgins' in the afterlife. In the afterlife no one has sex .. no one has a body .. no one gets married .. no one has kids .. and there aren't harems of virgin women 'servicing' men for eternity - sexually or otherwise.

When a person is dead, they become etherial. Not corporal.
They are not preoccupied with having orgasim after orgasim for eternity.
That thinking is earthbound and devoid of any spiritual heights.

And your sex obsessed Qur'an directly contradicts the words of Jesus as recorded by Matthew in sacred scripture ....

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven

Listen to Jesus who you supposedly consider a prophet. He said NO SEX after death.
None. Zero. Nada. Therefore .. no servicing 'virgins' ... not 72 .. not even one.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by logical7

Pot meet kettle.

So what are you trying to say? Posting a bunch of quotes doesn't really mean anything.

I am trying to say that all humans are equal, none is more dear to God just because they belong to a certain religion be it jews, christians,muslims or any other.
Allah doesn't show favouritism except to ones who are more truthful, do more good and help Allah's creation more.

I hope you'l agree to this in its essence even if you are atheist.(i don't know)
edit on 11-3-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

Really? Doesn't Allah promise a bunch of virgins to men who serve him?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

When a person is dead, they become etherial. Not corporal.

Hmm..
So after resurrection, its an etheral body? ok.
Can an etheral body get hungry?
Can an etheral body eat 'fish and honeycomb'?
Can it be touched and handled physically?

Its now a dilemma for you,
1) either Jesus pbuh din't die and so had a corporeal body and needs.
2) or post resurrection bodies will not be etheral as you claim.

So agree that Jesus pbuh din't die or give me my virgins back

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

So agree that Jesus pbuh din't die or give me my virgins back

Jesus died. And no .. you don't get your virgins ....
Jesus said no sex after death. Sex is for procreation. There is none in heaven.

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven

I don't get this sex-obsession that muslim men have.
Nor the obsession Islam has with a womans sexual status.
There are bigger and better things in the universe than orgasim after orgasim.
The after life isn't that mundane.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mplsfitter539

Really? Doesn't Allah promise a bunch of virgins to men who serve him?

i replied it before in the thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Jesus died. And no .. you don't get your virgins ....

oh
*sobs silently*

There are bigger and better things in
the universe than orgasim after orgasim.
The after life isn't that mundane.

what better things??? *confused*

ok

now seriously, explain me 'fish and honeycomb'
he got hungry after resurrection, now thats a FACT in BIBLE.
so there will be food/satiety in Heaven but no sex/orgasms?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When Muslims say he was a prophet , then he is

1 - trustworthy and follower of what god would want him to do

2 - God is behind him , so he can almost do anything that god almighty can do. Except he is been created by god and chosen by him.

I understand what you're saying and I'm well aware of how devoted and sincere Muslims are in their Faith to Islam. Since the thread brings both Christianity and Islam into the subject directly, I'm trying to look at a more global approach

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.5 billion
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
primal-indigenous: 300 million
Source

The numbers on that are a bit dated as it comes from work done to compile it in 2005. However, up to date numbers can be hard to come by outside of anecdotal and pure estimation, so I go with those as a general thing. Their site data matches fairly close to UN estimates and U.S. Census results in other ways.

In that way, it's a very Multi-Faith (and No particular faith in many cases) world out there. I think that's real important for this in context if not entirely agreed on a personal level. Not everyone sees it the same, but in sheer numbers ..it's easy to say a few hundred or thousand are nuts who have it all wrong. Billions? Well.... That's a part of where I've come to feel the faiths share common roots and origins.

We're all going to the same place in the end. No one ever described an usher in the tunnel of light, asking for religious ID.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

but no sex/orgasms?

You don't like it? Take it up with Jesus. He said it ... people will not be married and they will live like the angels ... so no sex. Sex is rather mundane and worldly compared to the glories of the afterlife. Don't worry about it. You won't miss sex at all. That's earthbound. Think etherial ... greater glories ... eye has not seen and ear has not heard what God has ready for those who love Him.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Islam has a different idea of heaven, if i leave my wife and go die for a good cause its only fair that i get my wife and everything i gave up/missed, back in heaven.

I see the difference now. You say that Allah is "fair" and that you will fairly receive back what was rightfully yours before you sacrificed your own life in service to Allah. I think I get it now.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Fair enough, but...isn't it also incumbent on believers in Christ to at least respect that Allah is their name for the same God as the God of the Christians? And the Jews as well?

If NuT wants respect for his beliefs, should he not show respect for those of the OP?

Just a one-line snide comment that had no real value to the thread or toward bridge-building....in fact, the post's only purpose was to be dismissive (regardless of his efforts to brush it off as "flippant" or benign). Why enter the thread at all if all you want to say is "I couldn't care less."? That's my point. Log7 (the OP) has been incredibly helpful to me (and others) regarding Islam from his perspective, and I appreciate it. We've exchanged ideas and questions in a very polite manner, and (I think) learned from one another quite a lot.

God didn't dictate what is in the Qu'ran.
So the 'threats' and words supposedly from Allah in the Qu'ran are not really from God at all.
It's just threats from one human to other humans ... do what I say or face a sword chopping off your head ... or face hellfire for all eternity .. or face not being 'serviced by virgins' forever ...

See, from my perspective the Qu'ran is on equal footing with the Gospels and the Torah, too, for that matter. All of them came from a "revealed" idea to the authors (whoever they are) supposedly delivered by "God/Allah".

Is there any merit to the suggestion that by dissing* Allah, a person is also dissing their own God?

(*disMISSING; disRESPECTING; disPARAGING, disCREDITING) If someone says they couldn't care less, they are closing the door to communication (a habit that some "evangelicals" have developed to an art form of linguistic run-around and refusal to listen or learn).
I just don't see any benefit to the readers - or the OP and the thread - in simply saying "I couldn't care less." Why should logical7, then, care what NuT cares about? Is that real "peacemaking"? No. It's estrangement.

Ah, well.
I guess I could just say, "not my problem." But, I tend to look at the bigger picture, toward mending fences and common understanding, if not agreement.
Thanks for your feedback.

edit on 12-3-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Its now a dilemma for you,

1) either Jesus pbuh din't die and so had a corporeal body and needs.
2) or post resurrection bodies will not be etheral as you claim.

False dilemma/dichotomy fallacy. There's another option.

3). Christ ate out of want, not need. Food is good and fun to eat. And fellowship over a meal is edifying.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

You don't seriously believe that God operated only within the borders of Israel, do you?

Straw man, I never said that He did. However, He also isn't a schizo who violates the Law of Non-Contradiction.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Fair enough, but...isn't it also incumbent on believers in Christ to at least respect that Allah is their name for the same God as the God of the Christians? And the Jews as well?

That's a Secular Humanistic or Unitarian fantasy. Christians nor Jews believe that. Hell, for that matter neither do Muslims. Could you imagine me walking through Mecca with a shirt with a cross on it, holding a sign saying "Allah is the Christian and Jewish God!"??

How long do you think it would take for my head to be severed? Or for me to end up at the bottom of a very large pile of rocks?

If NuT wants respect for his beliefs, should he not show respect for those of the OP?

When have you seen me demand or beg for respect for my beliefs?? I don't care, that's not my purpose for posting. I'm an apologist, not a pastor or evangelist. And I'm not running for office, I don't need the votes.

edit on 12-3-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Straw man, I never said that He did. However, He also isn't a schizo who violates the Law of Non-Contradiction.

Explain to me how God ordered the Israelites to perform animal sacrifices in one place....and then says He didn't order them in another.

Explain to me how God is described as dwelling in a tent in one place....and later we read that the tent was for some other god.

Either He did those things or He didn't. It can't be both.

edit on 12-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Christians and Muslims can and do live alongside one another. But, to answer your question, with your attitude, probably not long at all.
Oh well, I couldn't care less what happens to you in Mecca.
Act like an arrogant bully, get treated like an arrogant bully.

I expanded my response (just in case you "care") to expand on my point. Take it or leave it. Knowing you, you'll leave it or come back with some "whu? me? No I did not!" and then start flinging debate terms around, because that's what you seem to be reduced to.

Your mind, and opinion, are closed. Right?
edit on 12-3-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Could you imagine me walking through Mecca with a shirt with a cross on it, holding a sign saying "Allah is the Christian and Jewish God!"??

Why don't you go to a church and a synagogue with the same sign and see how the Jews and the Christians react.

I have this feeling that the Jews might agree with you.

But Christians? I don't know.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Explain to me how God ordered the Israelites to perform animal sacrifices in one place....and then says He didn't order them in another.

Because the purpose of the sacrifices were to teach the Jews, not for a need of God. However, just like you and I who smell a good barbecue it was certainly a pleasant odor. The prophetic instruction was that by the shedding of blood their sins would be forgiven. Same lesson He tried to teach Adam and Eve in the garden when He provided animal skins to cover their nakedness.

Explain to me how God is described as dwelling in a tent in one place....and later we read that the tent was for some other god.

You do realize there was TWO tents in the wilderness correct? One for YHWH and another for Moloch?

Either He did those things or He didn't. It can't be both.

I think you need a bit more study.

edit on 12-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'm an apologist, not a pastor or evangelist. And I'm not running for office, I don't need the votes.

You know how you come across, though?
I'll let you in on my perspective (again): You are an "apologist" who is grasping for your own sanity and escaping your own insecurities and self-loathing. You display not one iota of "Christian charity for others" on this forum, or finding common ground. You're just here to "defend" your beliefs (by attacking the beliefs of others) however unsubstantiated they are. You get hostile, "flippant", rude....oh, and what time does that "circle jerk start"?

But as long as you don't go to hell, right?
Yeah. Nice job. Not.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Christians and Muslims can and do live alongside one another.

How's that going in Egypt? Or Sudan?

Iran?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join