It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How i made it through this world.."Join no cause but the cause of rightiousness"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ive been beaten constantly throughout my childhood, progressing into high school. Then i found friends, they even turned on me for a time. But through all the suffering and wanting revenge. I gave that up to do the rightious thing, now i get along with almost everyone and have learned to communicate properly through the practice of rightious thought. You can do it too, just change your mind and follow wisdom of old to shine light on interpretation of the modern to see where your future can take you.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Interesting,

Would you care to shed more light on your comments?

Someone may benefit from your experience.

If you have found an inner peace I am happy for you.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The world can be cruel and the people in it can also be needless tossers,particularly children and teens.Read Lord of the Flies,it illustrates that point brutally.

I'm glad you've found a better way to deal with it.Revenge just breeds hate and normally hurts only the one seeking revenge.It fills you full of rage and aggression,you take it out on those closest to you ruining your own relationships,peace of mind and life.In the end you lose and those that tormented you win all over again.

It takes real courage,inner strength and a genuine good person to turn the other cheek,to let the anger and hurt go and rise above it.Giving into the lower emotions is the easy route to take but it only harms you in the end,trust me I know !!!

Good for you tm2 you're on the right path and an example to others going through dark times right now

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Nice thought, if only we were all this well grounded.
Thanks for the thought, I will try to remember.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The old coping mechanisms...once you see that changing your poor coping skills is beneficial, there comes a point where you realize that; all the pain you were caused, was from others poor coping mechanisms...making the world's pain cycle pretty blameless...unless you unlearned that coping for something better but, keep spreading it anyway out of compulsion or desire.

Some people just really enjoy spreading the same pain they were dealt; so they don't feel so damned alone, then get to feel superior since, they've already been there.
no it'snot logical or rational; but there's no denying it. There's no being blissfully ignorant of it either, if you've seen it or experienced in first hand.

If someone could just stop that intention; and relate to how it made them feel, they might not be so quick to spread it...of course compassion is rarely seen or even understood by the wrathful, because they have yet to experience it...if no one else will give you the emotional experiences you need; at least you can give them to yourself...then it will grow beyond yourself and cause you to give it to others. Empathy is simply identifying with another's pain because you have been there...if you give these emotions you were lacking for better coping back to others and can empathize with their pain, you'll be received better as a result.

Keep dumping stuff out from various poor coping skills; and you'll keep finding yourself alone, unless you have a very understanding friend or partner; or one with an equally bad coping mechanism that makes them feel they deserve the abuse.

Glad to hear someone out there is undoing their coping mechanisms; they are the hardest thing to see in ones self, but tee someone off and they will be happy to tell you what your problem is.

new topics

top topics

join