It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T.V Show Breaking Bad A Front For Crystal Meth Manufacture [HOAX]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

THE laboratory in hit TV series Breaking Bad was actually making crystal methamphetamine, it has emerged.

New Mexico police raided the Breaking Bad set to discover the series – about a terminally-ill teacher making crystal meth – was an incredibly audacious cover for industrial-scale drugs manufacturing.

DEA agent Tom Logan said: “Talk about hiding in plain sight. Every week these guys were on our screens, boasting about the purity of their meth and how much ‘cheddar’ they were making.

“We thought it seemed pretty realistic, and that the meth in the series looked very much like the incredibly high quality crystal we started seeing on the street when Season One first aired.

However the cartel behind Breaking Bad is threatening to issue spoilers for the series finale if charges are pressed.

Agent Tom Logan said: “I’m torn, because on the one hand these guys were singled-handedly fuelling the New Mexico meth trade.

“But as a viewer I’ve invested a lot of time and energy in that show. If you put aside the legal aspect it’s still the best thing on television by a million miles.

“Apparently the writing team were all on crystal meth, it’s why the plotlines are so brilliantly packed with tension.”

Source

I honestly don't know what to think of this. Breaking Bad just so happens to be one of the greatest shows I've ever watched on par with House. I couldn't choose between the two of them if my life depended on it. The script, the acting and the way it show builds up tension as it plays out is simply phenomenal.

I mean, it does seem a good idea to make meth on a 'set;' closed off to public and I doubt people ever thought it would get raided since they believe that it's a show that revolves around meth. I mean, is there any truth to this story at all? Because I honestly don't see any other media reporting on it because of it were true it would be getting a lot of attention from the public and that would be good for their ratings. This show is one one of the most popular shows ever shown on T.V and has won many awards.

So is there any truth to this story? Or is it simply one of those things people like to make up to see who are gulliable enough to fall for it? Because truth is, they did make the story almost believable and it's hard to tell when people are telling the truth these days especially over the Internet.
edit on 11-3-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Uh, yeah... That's, obviously, a trustworthy news site. I'd say about as trustworthy as CNN.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Uh, yeah... That's, obviously, a trustworthy news site. I'd say about as trustworthy as CNN.

www.thedailymash.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

The Daily Mash is just a satirical site. It's not real news.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I figured. I knew it was too good to be true

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The DEA isn't stupid. They knew it was meth from the get-go but when they're bragging about the money those dimes were dropping and agents had to shut it down. I wonder how much dea was paid illegally until the.shtf?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
From the OP source

He blames the actor who plays Jesse Pinkman

I wonder how long until this makes it into the hoax bin?

LOL thanks for lightening up my Monday morning!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Hahaha, this is hilarious.
This shouldn't be in Hoax but in the Joke forum. The Daily Mash is like The Onion, it's satire. This is awesome

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv

www.thedailymash.co.uk...

I think you meant to say "Fox News."

But other than that, totally.

This was definitely a good laugh. I don't look in the hoax bin often enough anymore.

Though I have to say-- I can't decide if this (if true) would have been a really great front, or a really terrible front.

I don't know how OP didn't spot this as satire.... especially when he got to the part where they said they would release spoilers if charged, and the DEA agent was torn, because he was a fan of the show.

On that note, I can't wait for the series finale!

new topics

top topics

join