It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of Love and War- and reincarnation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I just had a thought that is kinda strange.

I have always felt that the line between love and hate is very thin. Joy and sadness, too. It seems to me that on a different level, opposites are in fact the same things- two sides to the same coin, and we just choose which side to focus on and experience.

Like we choose not to experience the tears as joy, because we have beliefs in that being the "wrong" emotion to feel, when a loved one just passed away. But physiologically, they are the same. Perhaps different parts of our being are aware of opposing things that are simultaneously true! (I won't be able to see and talk with him...booo.....he is free and back to his origin! Yay!!!).

This goes also for things like conflict and cooperation.

You can see this on message board life when you get into a very bad disagreement with someone, and both walk away without having agreed or compromised, and then months later you see that person repeating exactly your point that they so violently disagreed with before!

In some way, there was a merging and exchange that happened there, just as if we had agreed to take in and combine our thoughts. The only difference is that in one case, the merger was consciously acknowledged and in the other it was not.

So... I was reading this book about the many well researched cases in the world that suggest reincarnation to be possible. There really is a very large and seriously analyzed body of evidence, especially in cases of children that remembered past lives, spoke of them, gave all kinds of information that could be confirmed, had birthmarks or scars from the previous life and death.... it is pretty compelling.

I was reading about cases in which soldiers killed in battle and war seem to reincarnate in the land they were fighting in- not back at their home land. In big massacures, years later, people in the area end up with kids that claim and show all the signs of having been- the enemy troops.

Little english children talking about their german plane that crashed, speaking german and saluting pictures of Hitler.......chinese parents of tiny japanese.......must be rather strange, and difficult to deal with!

But somewhat poetic as well- karma, perhaps? Go to war, become your enemy. Then you must live together, love each other, take care of each other....

It hit me that in many cases, men only get to these other places because of war- if there was no war to fight, they would never go there, never know that land or it's peoples.

Is war actually one way that the souls of humanity merge, exchange, enlarge their experiences?
Some soldiers go get married with women in the enemy territory and a more "conscious" genetic exchange and merging occurs when they have offspring.
But could war be the subconscious equivalent of a merger???

Just reading about the seeming threat of war with the Korea's right now, and the conflicts between the middle east and the west. We have always wondered why war exists...

Maybe because it was the only way to get some people together spiritually??
edit on 11-3-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Do humans have to wage war with eachother before they can reach a point of peace. This appears to be the way it is from many real life examples. Look for example how the human race is fanatical about sport and score keeping. The human race worships forms of competition. Its no wonder we cant just accept a person as be. No one can be allowed to just sit on the bench they must all play the game of dog eat dog. Its a world of conflict alright and its mostly arguing for the sake of arguing. Not sure where reincarnation comes into this.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have no idea if anything has to be..... but if you look at existence in it's duality, where it splits into Yin and Yang, or positive and negative, there's this difference in experience between the positive (Yang, masculine) and the other negative (Yin, feminine), in that the positive separates I and other.

Look at this draw towards the clash of self and other, and the way it is more prevalent in men! Men are drawn to opposition. Young men and boys crave the clash whether it be in sports or a fist fight.
Women seem to feel drawn towards integration, destroying the separation, making all One. (like I guess I see my own mind processes doing in this topic!)

But look at this-
in conflict, one experiences more intently their individual being. As flesh comes against flesh, or even matter against the flesh, the senses scream out that boundry, and make us more aware of it.

In the integrating merge of self and other, one becomes LESS aware of self as individual, and more aware of being on different a plane, where there are no boundries.

It strikes me that the female path seeks to rise above and escape the confines of matter and individuality, of physicality, matter and emotion.

Whereas the male path seeks to ground itself downward, away from the mental realms, and into matter, physicality, emotion.

I don't know. These are two different directions of energy I experience within myself, so find it easy to imagine that other humans do to. In some spiritual and New Age circles, it is assumed everyone wants to ascend matter and the physical , but I don't see that as really being true.

I also find different philosophers theories running through my mind, on things like the subconscious fear of ourselves- I don't remember which one it was that described that our fears are largely based on our perception that deep down, a part of ourself might actually choose to kill us. To step off that cliff, or into that fire.

That might be the sense of the Yin, dark, or feminine side, that knows we don't cease to exist, we just are freed?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Look at this draw towards the clash of self and other, and the way it is more prevalent in men! Men are drawn to opposition. Young men and boys crave the clash whether it be in sports or a fist fight.
Women seem to feel drawn towards integration, destroying the separation, making all One. (like I guess I see my own mind processes doing in this topic!)

Whereas the male path seeks to ground itself downward, away from the mental realms, and into matter, physicality, emotion.

Do not most females love watching the clash or males? Does this not represent the clash of men fighting for victory over the femine. To have her admire the victor?

If so then isnt it the driver force the femine energy that keeps the masculine energy perpetuately at conflict and too distracted with the toils of fighting war fronts to be able to ascend?

Does the femine engery really seek to ascend from the physical or is this a decoy so males keep fighting, after all the male engery only will keep fighting while the female energy is grounded in this physical plane.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Do not most females love watching the clash or males?

Hm. Not that I am aware of! Most of the females I know, including myself, cannot stand watching violence.
My empathy makes me experience with the fighters, and I fear pain more than death.

There is somethign we like in knowing that a man has the will strong enough to delve into that depth of physical experience- that he is not a coward that shall stay within his own head up above and not engage in life, with others, with a woman! That he is couragious and driven enough to descend into matter is attractive because it means with him, one might have a chance at that "melding" into one.

If so then isnt it the driver force the femine energy that keeps the masculine energy perpetuately at conflict and too distracted with the toils of fighting war fronts to be able to ascend?

That is probably one way to put it! If you mean that it is their attraction towards the feminine (Yin, physicality) which inspires or motivates.

In the same way you could say the feminine aspires to the Father above, ^
and the masculine aspires to the Mother below. v

I realize I am drifting. Sometimes the creative thought process does this.

top topics

join