It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lizard in plain sight and Creature with tentacles on Curiosity Sol 198!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
reply to post by Arken

The problem with you lizard picture is the tip of the head is actually part of the formation behind it and is not part of the "lizard" you claim. Once you realize this, you can easily see that is just a normal rock.

Wow! This is what I am seeing in the 3D version! What are the chances?? Does that mean I am not lying and that we may be correct that they are rocks? Tide can see this even in the 2D version.

(That's not for you, Tide)

Wake up, Arken. Looking for anomalies in 2D in a landscape that is very topographical (and I doubt you know the elevations and the bumps and dips) - it's pointless to try to find something.

And then when these things are in other images (having not moved), it's still not convincing enough for you.

Perfect example is your "Hugo".

But I digress. I still want to hear you say something about the 3D images. This is nonsense already.

I expect a reply about the anaglyphs and what you are doing to view them.

edit on 3/12/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Awesome work Arken. Ive been watching your curiosity photo finds for some time now. I myself am a great believer in Mars once harboring life a long time ago and I admire your dedication searching through all the data. But, even though I believe life did exist on Mars and I think NASA know it to be a fact (Why else would they go to such lengths if they didnt?) I find it hard to believe that such evidence (like your lizard) would go un-noticed by NASA and get released to the public without some kind of acknowledgement or statement claiming they have found evidence??
Not saying its NOT a lizard or a fossil of a lizard though? Hell, I hope Im wrong and it actually is a lizard, I just cant bring myself to believe it to be so?
Yeah Im skeptical but still hopeful... Keep up your great work though Arken.
Ive Starred your post but dunno how to flag it? (am I being thick or cant I flag til Ive been around ATS for a bit?)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Good one !

I like this one as well

It could be a sculpture. Because there is a shortage of water there, the inhabitants that I think are living underground and have sculptures of "what used to be". A lot of times what we see on mars as animals that could in fact be sculptures of days gone past in antiquity. Though I think animals could certainly exist on mars but maybe not quite like we see. They (underground martians) could be planting images in front of Curiosity etc. and if Nasa doesn't want to photograph it they blur it out. There could be all types of physiological reasons for this, telepathic is something that should SERIOUSLY be taken into consideration.

From

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Look up and to the left !
edit on 13-3-2013 by thetiler because: added thought

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
Just to add Arkan, you would be more likely to find aliens by flashing a laser pen in the sky.

Why do you waste peoples time with this? Do you think they would release picture after picture with all kinds of Earth animals in them (as you keep claiming) and let the cat out the bag (of a presence on mars - refer to the Infra-red imaging done by the soviets I think- and the Phobos probe incident) as easy as that after all the years of denial?

Your stuff should start getting put in the hoax bin, its such a waste of time and effort.

He just believes what he wants to believe. Despite the fact that the evidence against him is right here for him, he refuses to acknowledge it - LIKE THE 3D IMAGES. That's the smoking gun that it doesn't even look like a lizard.

It's when people have cognitive dissonance and they can't change their position. In this case, it sucks because it's science, and it's being skewed and made a mockery of. It offends common sense. And like we've been saying - there is no ecosystem on Mars. That, the radiation, the atmosphere, the lack of LIQUID water. It's not likely. At all.

And yet ONCE AGAIN. We have 3D images that show these "creatures" for what they really are.

Arken will NOT respond to me about that and keeps dodging it.

And when I told him to go to this forum where the actual MSL team posts, he said he won't because 1: Some guy (The Science Guy?) runs it (who actually doesn't, but Arken still believes this and won't post - THE worse excuse I have ever heard from someone in a case like this).

2: He also says he won't post there because you can't discuss astrobiology. But you can still ask what those rocks are and how they got there. But he won't do even that.

There are so many things he could do but he won't. He just wants the attention - hence the multiple threads. He thrives off of the attention.

And that is why he won't look at the 3D images - because he knows that he will not like what he sees.

Hate me. Think I'm disinfo (
). Think I'm a detractor. Whatever.

Just because I am showing proof that is in contrast to the OP...

So, yet again, I challenge Arken and anyone who takes his word for Gospel to check the 3D images. I do not (I can't) create them - someone else does. They are way too hard for me to pull off, so it's not like I am advertising my work.

I am advertising the truth and the motto "Deny Ignorance".

More 3D images are available if you folks want to check them out. I'll post the links again if you want. And you only need those old-school 3D Anaglyph glasses to see it (only about $3 USD).

Mars looks really cool in 3D, and the landscape looks completely deceiving as opposed to 2D. And like I said, Arken's creatures are just rocks. Shadows and other rocks in the foreground and the background are being called parts of these "creatures".

Please. Deny ignorance. I'm not here to bust your bubbles. I'm just here to show you what I see! Rocks! I challenge you to see for yourself.
edit on 3/12/2013 by impaired because: Grammar.

Funny that the motto of this site is Deny Ignorance, yet people blindly believe post that are easily disproved. IMO you should try to debunk everything, if you can't do that, it may have a chance of being true.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

P.S. Or better yet, an alien riding a ram-like goat type creature. I'm not making fun. These are really things I saw in the picture. (Not that I believe that's what they are but I'm not pulling stuff our of my you-know-what either.)

What the....???????

Oh man

Yeah, I could see an alien "riding" or even "tapping" the sheep.....bwahahahahahahahahahah

Oh this made my morning coffee experience even better! Thank you for the laugh.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
[

What the....???????

Oh man

Yeah, I could see an alien "riding" or even "tapping" the sheep.....bwahahahahahahahahahah

Oh this made my morning coffee experience even better! Thank you for the laugh.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

Lol thats a nice one cant stop laughing.. Goona put that on my desktop.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I'm only going to debunk what I know for a fact not to be true.

And that would be a hell of a job (debunking everyone).

edit on 3/13/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
No word from Arken about checking the 3D anagyphs to confirm he's wrong?

And once again, why did he reference BILL NYE with Unmanned Spaceflight.com? He doesn't even work for or post on the site.

Are these feeble excuses? Is Arken too scared to look at the 3D images?

If I am coming off as offensive, please, by all means - let me know. I've seen this in 3D and you can too. Why are you choosing to embrace ignorance?

If you know you are wrong and don't want to admit it, that's one thing.

But that's all it could be...

So what is it, Arken? Are you going to answer my questions?

Bill Nye/Unmanned Spaceflight.com?

The 3D images?

Or are you just going to make another thread for attention?

Face facts. Yeah, we just found out that life could have been present - or at least that the correct ingredients are there. No one has doubted that for a long time.

What I and some of us doubt is your agenda and your failure to use not only critical thinking, but to answer (CORRECTLY) my simple questions.

I don't know how many times I have to say it. I saw it in 3D. You can too. What is the problem?

Or do you only respond to those who agree with you the most?

You're not being objective AT ALL.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I almost didn't look at this, but WOW. That's pretty cool. Verified the image on the NASA site (something I tend to always do). If anyone is interested, check yourself. I searched for Mars images, with the Sol 198 reference, and got this page: link The picture in the OP is in the sixth row down, second from the left. Really interesting pic! The way this lizard/whatever curves, it certainly LOOKS organic. The second one, I am not sure about tentacles, but parts look remarkably like tails. The rest, I more see a possible two additional "lizards", for lack of anything else to call them, curling over a rock. The right one is more clear than the left, but I think that looks more like the other "lizard". Interesting.....

I really don't know what to think here. Most of the pictures look like rocks. They don't have that sinuous curving we see in this one. Nice find, OP!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

Looks like a primate skull, with a jutting jaw. Didn't see that; too surprised by the lizard! Interesting.....what's in the pics we don't see?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I'm talking about the 3D images!!! That has NOTHING to do with Bill Nye!

Also - Bill Nye has nothing to do with Unmanned SpaceFlight.com. I don't even know where you got that connection from. I also fail to see the relevance.

You constantly skirt my questions and give feeble excuses.

AGAIN.

*snip*

Link? Source? The one link you posted some pages back didn't load at all, after several minutes. I can't locate any 3-D images on the NASA site, though I CAN locate the image from the OP there. So, exactly what real, credible source are we to use for these 3-D images?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

I'm talking about the 3D images!!! That has NOTHING to do with Bill Nye!

Also - Bill Nye has nothing to do with Unmanned SpaceFlight.com. I don't even know where you got that connection from. I also fail to see the relevance.

You constantly skirt my questions and give feeble excuses.

AGAIN.

*snip*

Link? Source? The one link you posted some pages back didn't load at all, after several minutes. I can't locate any 3-D images on the NASA site, though I CAN locate the image from the OP there. So, exactly what real, credible source are we to use for these 3-D images?

These are all made with the MastCam images - Both the left camera and the right-side one to create a stereo image. They're all on the NASA site:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

The 3D images are here. Ed Truthan does a great job at being able to get these together. It's not easy.

And Ed Truthan is just a hobbyist, like myself, who puts these single raw images together to make mosaics. I don't know him and I am not affiliated with him. In fact, I guess you could call him "my competition":

www.edtruthan.com...

Full sized - .ZIP:

www.edtruthan.com...

Another:

www.edtruthan.com...

Full size:

www.edtruthan.com...

And all of those in 2D, just in case you don't believe what you see:

www.edtruthan.com...

Anything else?

www.edtruthan.com...
edit on 3/15/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Thanks for those links, impaired!

I've been checking the unmannedspaceflight forum recently in order to search for something very specific, which I (unfortunately) couldn't find ... just wanted to let you know that I sent you a PM with some more details on that. Would be great if you could help me in that regard! Thanks in advance ...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well it's clear that the lizard is made up of several rocks that are unconnected and the OP is ridiculous and even a blind man can see it's not a lizard.

However these are the threads that make ATS great!! It's why people come here, it's entertainment.

The "I am an illuminati member" or "this rock is an alien creature" or "I have channeled an alien and he told me to tell you..." Threads are hilarious!!
These people are great entertainment so lets give 'em a break eh?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The photo does look a bit suspect doesn't it! lol

Like I always say living beings and organisms (Life) can survive in the most hostile of environments, so it would not surprise me if a discovery was made that life does exist on Mars. It is preposterous to assume it doesn't, when we take a LOOK at what is found here on our own planet in places where you would assume nothing could possibly survive. Life always finds a way!

I found this image whilst browsing through the curiosity photo's, it looks similar to the possible tentacled creature you spotted on the other photo. This one looks like it's hiding under a rock and Nasa blew up a section of the rock that included a part of a tentacle which looks spotty and a partial body with a gill like appearance underneath, when meaning to show the rock veins. Although it could be strange rock formations or fossils of what once lived on Mars we may never know, but if they are rock formations they truly are the strangest I have ever seen. Besides even if they confirmed life on Mars would they share that information or hide it like they do with everything else?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Whenever I see your threads, I always ignore everything and look straight to the picture.

First thing I noticed was exactly as your title said: a damned lizard.

Great find.

New Mexico is one mysterious place, eh?

Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck!
You eloquently put into words what I've always wondered about these so-called findings on Mars. Prove to me that the picture is on Mars then I'll bite.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
cool

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

I know!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by jazztrance
I have a good question,,,,WHY WHY WHY are the pics so blurry and crappy. Seems like they would use atleast a 4 megapixel camera.

The original picture is not blurry and crappy:

However, if your crop and then over zoom in, like any picture, yes, it becomes blurry and crappy.

If this is not Mars and just somewhere in us or new mexico then prove it. get your camera and take a picture of this exact location on earth and post it here with exact google earth locations.

as for the lizard. no its just a rock. why do you have to colour it green. does curiousity not have full colour cameras? so why would you have to colour in anything. go to a rock quary. take some random pictures, then analyse thos i bet you will find plenty of "lizards", "alien skulls" and "mars rats". but if you then went back to that location you will find that those "objects" are still there and they are jsut rocks.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Appreciate the links, but those don't prove anything. Most don't even seem to show the same places. They really don't look much better than old Viewmaster images, and I don't see how they "prove" what we are seeing. Now, I don't know that this stuff is something actually like a lizard, but the shape certainly looks like it. Could it be a rock? Possible, but looking at a LOT of images, I don't see other rocks that look like those. Most look like, well, rocks.

I did test the way the pics look. Had some family members look at them, without saying anything at all about what they were seeing. Just said, take a look and tell me what you see. Without fail, they all saw a lizard. If that's a rock, the shape is an amazing coincidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join