It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East Meddling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This first article is about how worse things have got in Iraq ten years later from the perspective of the Iraqi man who lead the charge to topple the statue of Saddam.

Regrets for the man who laid Saddam low

Iraq 'even worse now' with more dictators, corruption and lack of security, says iconoclast whose image flashed around world.

The second article looks at the terrible state Iraq is in after Sixty Billion Dollars has been spent and much of it wasted.

Iraq, 10 years and US$60b later

The third article made me laugh! After more than ten years Hamid Karzai shows how grateful he is for all that America has done for Afghanistan.......

Afghanistan's Karzai blasts U.S., marring Hagel visit

I don't see any reason to throw more precious blood and money at this futility. Karzai doesn't want us. We've been there for far too long.

I'd just like to mention without posting another link that Libya's turned into a hell hole and was better off with Gaddafi and Syria's the worse for wear after two years no thanks to our meddling.

It's very exasperating watching the middle east descend into chaos especially because our tax payer dollars are being used let alone American blood.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
war is a dirty business. And the ones controlling it even dirtier. thats why i left the military before i would got shipped to the middle east

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Liberty is a funny thing. People must take it for themselves.

France helped the US in the American Revolution, but all the heavy lifting was done by the patriots. Iraq had the US doing the heavy lifting, so when we left the people were not up to the task of making things better for themselves.

Now Iraq strains and they wonder why.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Good for you Annunak1!

I wish more people were like you.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

We have this re-occuring story when it comes to Western blamed dictators and the way we tend to deal with them. Even after the Iraq/Iran war, the people flocked to Saddam.. Move to Libya and again we were told he was oppressing his people yet if one does some researching, they will learn that it was the complete opposite. Now we have the same happening in Syria and I cannot bring myself to believe that the truth is being spoken about Assad either. Not because he is a heavenly saint, but because we have been lied to so much in the past, its hard to believe anything our officials say anymore.

My suggestion is get the hell out of their, stop BS'ing and start worrying about our own problems. But as most of us know, there is a sinister agenda involved and we have buckleys of persuading our leaders of mindin their own business.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annunak1
war is a dirty business. And the ones controlling it even dirtier. thats why i left the military before i would got shipped to the middle east

You are a true free person. Free from material and inhuman actions. You have a reward.

War is dirty for all human beings.

Even in Islam , Qur'an admits that human being don't like to go to war. So Muslims don't appreciate war

2:216
fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it

But it is the most logical that every one should defend his home , too.

I really don't know who did 911 but it was most stupid and inhuman action.

Islam never let this but Wahhabism does.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

There are some interesting finds from the 9/11 "Official" story which makes me believe the official story and the events that followed are nothing but bs. Iran, Syria, Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan as a country had nothing to do with those atrocities.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Add this to the futility.

Insider attack kills 2 US troops, 2 Afghans

Not the first time and probably not the last time.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

as an Iranian I have no doubt that Saddam and Gaddafi were both oppressors.
for example Saddam attacked the kurd city of Sardasht in Iran with Chemical bombs, then Iran captured the Kurd city of Halabja of Iraq in return. and Kurds of Iraq Welcomed this capture. Soon Saddam attacked the Kurds of Iraq with chemical bombs as a revenge !!! many mass graves of oppositions of Saddam have been found.
these are Saddam and Gaddafi.
but the point is that, those who claim they are against Gaddafi and Saddam for human right issues, they were themselves who supported those dictators. they were themselves who let those dictators to suppress their own people. they were themselves who gave Saddam chemical bombs. those dictators were allies of colonialists.
but every puppet has an expiration date.

edit on 14-3-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

I can agree with you about Saddam because those genocides were bad.. But when it comes to Libya, I cannot see the same thing. Gadaffi could drive down any street in that country and receive waves from his people... He had a very good constitution also which gave most of the countries wealth back to the people. I cannot help that he pissed some globalist off and thats why he was toppled. Same As Assad though he is guilty of similar things to Saddam. When it comes down to it, you lick the shoes of tptb otherwise you get uninvited guests weilding guns and funds from the West..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Iranians regard the number 13 as a Malevolent number. maybe someday comes that Americans regard the number 11 a Malevolent number too. a day which some groups misuse the trust of main government. this article is an interesting analogy.

"Purim exalts and commemorates an ancient operation very much like 9/11. It glorifies the deceptions of Esther, who concealed her Jewish identity to seduce the King of Persia, then slyly tricked him into slaughtering 75,000 people deemed “enemies of the Jews.”
truthjihad.com...

edit on 14-3-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Its all about Israel and they are sending a message to Muslims as we speak

Any wonder Extremists are running rampant against the West and Israel, they can see exactly whats coming

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I guess this is the way the wind's blowing at the moment. I'm finding these great articles.

Iraq war cost US more than US$2 trillion

I personally believe that the Iraqi death toll is at least half a million if not over a million and rumor has it the American casualty figures never took into account those who survived being wounded in Iraq but died around 24 hours or so later in military hospitals in Germany.

Thank you tax payers! The Powers that Be appreciate the sweat of your brow to keep America number one!

join