It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying in your dreams...what happened to you afterwards??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Not that I can remember. I've certainly had a fair amount of alien dreams but none that I remember where I was abducted per se. Who knows...maybe you were in real life and thought it was a dream!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Dying in your dreams...what happened to you afterwards??,

I have the realization that I am dead and there is a fade to black.
The dream is terminated and the dreamer wakes up.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It's happened to me twice.

Once I woke up, and the other time I realized I died but it was like, oh well, that's the end of that dream then, on to the next one.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ive died many times, but have always awoken, except once.

I remember once I was near a small nuke that went off. The top of my head tingled a bit, and time stopped. I was free to move wherever I wanted. The landscape was sepia colored, like an old photograph; a glimpse into a time now gone. I knew I was dead, and felt a sense of liberation, and decided to go physically upwards, which was the mundane representation of transcending this realm, and moving "upwards" in "frequency", you might say.

It was easier than one might expect to move on. At least for me. I have nothing that I desire to hold onto here.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I've died numerous times in my dreams. You just wake up.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Seems like that is the experience most people get but there are those few who have interesting experiences afterwards!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Your post reminded me straight away of a game of Fallout 3. I can imagine that a post-apocalyptic world could look very different colour-wise to what we have now (let alone all the destruction). It's interesting you also found it quite easy to transition upwards.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by texasyeti

Maybe it's luck or something else but there are others that have experienced something after they die in their dreams. Everyone's different I guess!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
One dream i remember. I was in my home yard at evening. Suddenly i noticed some kind of wall of fire coming towards me from east. It looked like that at the end of the world was coming. I didn't feel any pain when it hit me. I could see my body burn to a lava red colored ash. Few moments after that i noticed that i had moved to space. I was inside of some kind of energy ball or bubble. Floating and feeling pure happiness and calmness. Then i waked up.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
PS: Sort of off topic, but thought id share any way. Oh, and typed with my Ipad; i take no respnosbility for my big hands and lazy grammar with the Ipad.

------

Generally, one or two things happen when I die. I wake up or I simply continue sleeping. Any time I die in a dream, it instantly registers I'm in a dream just before I die, most of the time. It also depends on how violently I die.

Was I being held down, was it instant? The more surprised I am by the death, the better the chance of me waking. The more I expect to die in some way, the more likely ill continue to sleep.

The more I enjoy the dream, the quicker I become aware in controlling it and continuing to sleep at the end. The scarier / monstrous the dream, the more I begin to sense I'm dreaming and wake up.

I'm very, very, analytical. Almost UN-naturally so. I believe this gives me the extra control, and choices I gain in my dreams.

----

I also found I can create a 2d dream, when I just wake up, decide to sleep longer, while actively thinking. It's a light sleep .... Sometimes I'll lay there for hours creating dreams. It's very cool. However, instead of seeing a 3d movie, you sacrifice, and it's like reading a book, that you're creating actively on a template already written. Small thoughts will make huge changes.

If the light sleep dream starts to become hard to control, you, I don't know, lighten .. your sleep for a second, and reset the template for what you're in the mood for. Then focus on the template and your brain creates what you want without you having to do much editing.

You also lose track of time, but don't. You know the time is passing, but you can't really sense it. I did this for four hours the other morning.

----

I generally use my morning dream states to think of tactics, how to react to certain situations, and then my brain begins to create a pattern, so I can go deeper into the dream trying to focus on beating the scenario my brain has submitted. However, I can control my actions, but my brain takes over the scenario. You sacrifice a bit of control over one area to gain more in another area. When the scenario becomes unrealistic or is going off topic, I just reset the template. The key is to think as little as possible, but as big as possible.

You'll actually be able to feel your sub conscious at times. The subconscious is scrambled too. Nothing Mystical about it. It's a slave to your conscious mind.

I am also not into the meta physical stuff. I am a devout non denominational Christian. I simply use my dreams for entertainment and sometimes, learning.

edit on 16-3-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pets_step

Wow, that's pretty impressive.

Although, wouldn't have been too cool to see your body smashed by the lava!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've had several dreams where I was dying, but I woke up right before my actual death in all but one.

In this one I was in high school and a boy was stalking me. Looking back, he may well have been stalking me *shudders*. He shot me in the stomach with a shot gun and I died. My consciousness slowly faded and everything went black. When I became aware that I had died, was still conscious, and everything was completely black I thought to myself, "This is it?" Then I woke up.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
When I experience death dreams I usually say to myself (in the dream) "crap, I'm dying in another car accident!" Or "oh, great here comes the tsunami, better grab the kids!" You know, something along those lines. I'm aware death is imminent and it's a routine feeling. It's still scares the crap out of me and most of the time I wake up right upon impact or "death". However, the really freaky dreams are the ones when you don't wake up and you actually experience something like bleeding to death. Feeling all the blood pump out of your body and your heart rate slowly decrease until everything blacks out, is not comforting. But at least you get to wake up and start the day all over again! Anyway, that's just some of my experiences off the top of my head. I've had so many.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Some cool stuff there!

It reminds me of times when i'm in a light sleep too and having kinda woken up from a cool dream, I can keep it going for a while and enjoy it! Sounds like you have mastered it pretty well

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Once I died in my dream after doing something bad (don't remember what) but the dream didn't end. I just looked from above scene after scene of people dealing with the consequences of my bad action and crying and cleaning up.

I don't remember feeling sad or anything, just a detached "Oh, so that's what happens after you do X".

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

i dreamt that i was about to fall asleep but my heart suddenly failed, i remember thinking "oh damn this is it, im gonna die". i have had 2 near death experiences and the fear i had in the dream was the same as those experiences. you make piece with the idea of death.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I've been shot in dreams and died. My body would jump in the bed. But then I just wake up. Nothing spectacular or otherworldly and no out of body experiences. Just the body reacting to the shot and then waking up.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Whoopsie double post
edit on 20/3/13 by Cruff because: Boo boo

edit on 20/3/13 by Cruff because: Aarrgh

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Interesting thread.You know,i never once dreamed,or at least have any recall,of dying in a dream.The only dream that came close,was where i found myself standing in an operating theater,watching surgeons working on whom i somehow knew was myself-i was thus outside my body.I was standing about 5 meters behind the doctors,and they were standing shoulder to shoulder,surrounding me completely.I remember feeling a sadness-my thought was:"Please get this right so you can put me back in there"(into the physical body) I don't remember anything that happened after,but when i woke up,i still felt some residual sadness.This was many years ago,when i was much younger,but its a rather unforgettable dream.
One of my children said to me,out of the blue,at the age of 5:"This life is just a dream,and we all die while we are dreaming" I asked if we wake up in the real world when we die here,in the dream. My kiddo then said:"We wake up in the future,we are alive there,in the future"

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Saorsainn

Thanks for sharing - it seems a lot just get the blackness and then something happens or we wake up.

It would be interesting to know what an eeg pickups during these different parts in a dream. I mean, in reality, all of that could've happened in a split second for you but felt longer in the dream.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join