It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Living in Cave on Los Alamos Lab Land

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Man Living in Cave on Los Alamos Lab Land

Oct 29, 8:40 PM EDT

LOS ALAMOS, N.M. (AP) -- Authorities have evicted a man from a cave on Los Alamos National Laboratory land where they say he apparently lived for years with the comforts of home - a wood-burning stove, solar panels connected to car batteries for electricity and a satellite radio.

Los Alamos Deputy Fire Chief Doug Tucker said Roy Michael Moore's hideaway, which also was equipped with a bed and a glass front door, was discovered earlier Oct. 13 after a Department of Energy employee working at the Los Alamos site office noticed smoke wafting from the cave in a heavily wooded, steep canyon.

The employee reported the smoke to the fire department. Tucker said the smoke came from Moore's wood-burning stove.

Ten marijuana plants were found outside the cave. Moore, 56, has been charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to court documents. He pleaded not guilty and was released on bond.

is this crazy or what? guy livin in a cave and growin weed on Los Alamos land

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Creepy]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Ha, its always a nice break to hear something different from the usual, Worlds going to end and Alien invasion!!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
thats ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

thats alot of bud, and he got off scott free!!!

luck bastard

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
That is quite an interesting article. I would have thought that trespassing in such an extreme way in a secret area would be dealt with much stiffer consequences.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Haha, nice. Reminds me of the people living in caves on Tenerife, spanish island just west of northern Africa. Almost as if I want to live in a cave myself too

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm impressed -- I hope when they took the things out of the cave they didn't throw them away -- I would love to think he found a new cave to live in.

He could teach a lot of us about survival techniques I think...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Growing weed on government land right under their nose!!
This guy was good

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Like he had a nice set up....dammmn..

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
HAHA, this is funny, just goes to show you how sophisticated the clandestine intelligence gathering apparatus REALLY is. This dude is living on federal land, growin and smokin weed, and nary a Fed knew about it, HAHAHAHAHA

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
THey should have left him alone. who the hell was he hurting? W should all take a lesson as to how easy live can be. Pot, nature and no CNN. Sounds better than most suburbs in the US.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That made my day...

I wish I had the discipline to live out doors, in a cave, growing weed... not having to pay for anything... living by your own rules...

Hmn...

I think I'm going to have to have try this someday... Sounds like alot of fun.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
right under the governments nose?
this guy is mad skilled
i wanna learn from him

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There's no problem "not existing" or hiding if one stays away from electronic things and gadgets. Being analogue is probably the easiest way to not be seen, also concidering the normal usage of electricity when one grows things. Those lamps and fans need a little more than a normal person uses on an everyday basis

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
LMAO
Cave deweller, on government land, smoke that wild Mary Jane, and pretend you are invisible. LOL It works for me....LOL
Also, could this be a kin to Willie Nelson? LOL

[edit on 13-1-2005 by ancientsailor]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Is there any anti squating laws out there?

I dont see people like this as a problem even with the pot smoking (if he wasnt selling it) He wasnt hurting anyone or infringing anyones rights he wasnt a spy . I would have just let him be.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I like to hunt and fish in the Jemez wilderness, not far from Los Alamos. The land is extremely mountainous, with huge spruce tree forests, and streams loaded with trout if you are willing to hike a few miles back in.

More than once, we have come across a squatter's shack in the woods. I was once even "mugged" by a guy about 10 years ago up there. He only took our cigarettes, coffee, and some toilet paper.

Another fellow begged a ride to Albuquerque, in the back of our pickup. He said his pills had run out, and asked us to drop him at the BCMC, the big hospital near the UNM campus. Time for more 'happy' pills.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
thats freakin awsome. i am willing to bet someone that he knew of some secrets or something, that why they let him go. i dont think any authority would allow someone to get off that easy growing that much marijuana. he had to have known something. but what really gets me is that it is a top government laboratory, and no one knew he was there. thats weird.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by eternalglory

luck bastard

Lol, Here in NM we can have up to 8 oz's of personal

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dante87112

Originally posted by eternalglory

luck bastard

Lol, Here in NM we can have up to 8 oz's of personal

Legally?

[edit on 22-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The guy sounds kool to me...he was probably waitin out Armageddon and the govt didnt like the fact he didnt have to rely on them but instead was self sufficient which the government HATES as they cant control you if you dont need them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join