It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. Bribes to Protect Convoys Are Funding Taliban Insurgents...and So Much More!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

In the end, the subcommittee and the American trucking executives don't only worry that American money is going to fund the Taliban. They are also worried that the contracting system is perpetuating Afghanistan's security problem; the payments to local contractors, they say, encourages instability along the roads and props up the kinds of warlords and local thugs who Afghans came to hate during the civil war of the early 1990s. And they say if Americans are seen to be supporting those people, then the Afghan public will refuse to support the Americans or the government-- whose police and army have been bypassed by the U.S. contracting system.

Ah yes, aid and comfort to the enemy...supposedly. Or is it really just a business arrangement. Ask yourself. Are these actually "associates of associates"? Where is my drone?

In this landlocked country, the United States has turned to eight private trucking companies to deliver the materiel and split a $2.16 billion Host Nation Trucking contract. To do that, the companies turn to the baddest, meanest, most heavily armed people on some of the most dangerous roads in the world: Highway 1 between Kabul, Kandahar, and Helmand.

Can someone please tell me why oh why we spend billions of dollars a month on this Afghan escapade amongst the trillions of dollars the DOD is alloted yearly( that is on the books, mind you. Our intelligence costs...who knows?), and we are paying for more mercenary/civilian contractor boots on the ground than for our own American forces; troops are outnumbered by what 3 to 1?? ( Are our forces just protecting the poppies?? Will address that subject later).

"One senior Department of Defense official in Afghanistan stated that there have been significant discussions within the Department [of Defense] of the problem of protection payments to local warlords and the Taliban, but no action has been taken" today's report says. "In [the senior official's] view, the contracting officers with responsibility for the contract 'intentionally turn a blind eye to the problem and refuse to look past the prime [contractor] to see how the security subcontractors operate -- hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.'"

"The numbers are so large now, the problem has become that much more serious, magnifying something that's been there all along," says a U.S. military official. "We have to get into these subcontracting networks and really see who we're empowering and who we're enriching."

So now we need to look into all the corruption and graft that has been going on for over 12 years and has bankrupted this country and enriched the MIC and Wall St bankers. OK, you get right on that and get back to us..

Link for that nausea causing article

The poppy plant is behind possibly one of the largest con jobs that our leaders here in American and the filthy rich elite have perpetrated on the American public bar none. The Taliban runs the heroin production and the clown prince of Afghanistan is used as the front man with our so-called mafia leaders in America, one of the most lucrative money makers ever, involving secret drug shipments into America that has gone on for years. Our leaders have sold America out, using a phony war to make billions, possibly trillions, at one point costing Americans 2 billion dollars a week and then some.

The below piece is nothing more than a classic propaganda Three Card Monte, designed to confuse and fool Americans into oblivion, as our dollars continue to be thrown into a hell hole. Karzi is becoming fabulously wealthy while Americans starve. The war machine has been fed, as the American middle class has starved. Commentary

Afghan leader alleges US, Taliban are colluding
Karzai said two suicide bombings that killed 19 people on Saturday — one outside the Afghan Defense Ministry and the other near a police checkpoint in eastern Khost province — show the insurgent group is conducting attacks to demonstrate that international forces will still be needed to keep the peace after their current combat mission ends in 2014.
"The explosions in Kabul and Khost yesterday showed that they are at the service of America and at the service of this phrase: 2014. They are trying to frighten us into thinking that if the foreigners are not in Afghanistan, we would be facing these sorts of incidents," he said during a nationally televised speech about the state of Afghan women.

The rest

I know Karzai is a windbag and just as corrupt as his American counterparts but their is some truth in his statements.

Are American Troops Protecting Afghan Opium?
As many have noted, the U.S. government has – at least at some times in some parts of the world – protected drug operations. (Big American banks also launder money for drug cartels. See this, this, this and this. Indeed, drug dealers kept the banking system afloat during the depths of the 2008 financial crisis. But that’s beyond the scope of this post.)

Videos of troops protecting poppies

So tell me ATS, how are we going to ever withdraw from Afghanistan and continue to prop up the criminal Wall Street banks?? I say that we will never leave. For every American troop we withdraw we will replace it with 3 mercenaries (oh, my bad, defense contractor).

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
A bad war, in a bad place with no clear friend or enemy, let alone any concept of recognizable "victory" conditions.

The only winning move is not to play and that means getting every last American out of a landlocked nation where the mere access depends on other nations. Those are, to a one, iffy on long term friendly status for the U.S.. Afghanistan is somewhere we never should have been, Time to pack it, spike it or just blow what we've constructed in place and bring everyone home. Call it a fail and move on.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

My OP was just discussing US funds, those in the UK are also burdened with "some" of the brunt.

Over the next four years, the Prime Minister has pledged to give £710million to Afghanistan alone. That could mean up to £70million of British money going to the very people we are fighting.

The hard-hitting report found that despite billions being poured into Afghanistan in aid, the country shows no signs of becoming ‘politically stable or economically viable’.

]It also warned that there was ‘no possibility’ of the country becoming secure within the next three years, despite the efforts of Britain and other Nato countries.

The rest

Someone please alert the masses. I watched "Che" last night on netflix. Ah, what could have been accomplished in the 60's and 70's is impossible today. We the Peeps are no longer allowed to address grievances. They have made sure of that with the collection of communications and the advent of "private contractors", legislation, DHS, FEMA, and a military arsenal that could take any resistance out. There will be no revolution.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
They aren't going to pull the military out for a loooong time. There is a lot of money "invested" into that Hell hole by our government (that SHOULD be invested in feeding starving American families, healthcare, etc) but I would imagine the gov (and big pharma) is making even more money off of (at least) the poppies. Money the American general public will likely never see.. Maybe some people just have their fingers in the cookie jar, or maybe they need non existent secret money to fund non existent secret projects that "we don't have the budget for". Either way, I think it really sucks that we still have men and women over there risking (sacrificing) their lives for our poppies and oil...uh I mean freedom. In the meantime our own government is back home coming up with creative new ideas on how to take some of that freedom away. S&F thanks op

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I just don't know. Maybe we have become desensitized to the wholesale killing of innocents for no f$%^ing reason other than to enrich corporations and big banks. It doesn't seem to me that anyone here is outraged. Ah...he!!. maybe you are right. There is nothing we can do about it so the outrage gets focused in another direction. Sometimes I think I take it out on myself. Get me some fluoride on the rocks.

new topics

top topics

join