It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Without one, there cannot be the other (The spiritual and scientific law of life)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Over the past couple years, I've been really racking my mind, constantly facing the universal question, to quote Doctor Emmett Brown. Why?

It put me through some bad phases, and still does. Allways, all the time.

Random anger, depression, etc.

I want goals, I want something to live for, I want a purpose that truly matters.

And, over the past year or two, I've been observing life over a microscope, profoundly hoping that my purpose, and perhaps the purpose of all of humanity, the voice of God, the proof of God (or no God), anything would come to me, reveal itself to me.

I need it.

I can't follow any purpose with blind faith. I'm too afraid of wasting my life on something meaningless, simply because I chose my life goal wrongly.

So, after examining my life, my ups, and my downs, I came to one conclusion;

It seemed as though every time I felt happiness, something would occur to cause me an equal amount of sadness or pain.

And, every time I felt pain or sadness, something would occur to give me an equal amount of happiness.

Like yin and yang.

Without pain, there is no happiness, and vise versa.

After I had that thought, I googled it. "Without one, there can't be the other."

This was one of the results;

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Newton's Third Law. A scientific law.

It truly got me thinking. Then, a quote came to my mind, something I'd heard before, but it'd never made sense to me; Out of chaos comes order.

And, what if it's the other way around as well? What if out of order comes chaos?

Yes. When laws become too overbearing, we have riots and civil unrest. Look at my country. Look at all countries.

Yes, I know Newton's Third Law refers to particles... but what if its true for everything? All feelings, actions, beliefs and politics?

There is a song that strongly describes this feeling, the feeling that all sides, differing religions, governments, and extremist groups, will always be, and will always oppose one another.

It's called "Exterminate, Regenerate." It's a song about two fictional alien races at war with one another, but the basic message of the song is that they both are constantly living, neither of them dies, and they live only to fight one another. Each of them has an enemy that they live to oppose.

First verse;

Its been such a long time... since I met you back on Skaro.
And I'm pretty sure that you know... that not much has changed since then.
It doesn't matter how hard you try to remove me... I think you will agree
That if one of us dies... then the other will too
I am locked in war with you

Exterminate, regenerate
I thought you always knew our fate
To just keep fighting on and on, while time keeps turning
Regenerate, exterminate
Even though we are the same
Why don't you hop into your ship, and leave me burning

Perhaps we're all locked in war. Maybe we all live because we have enemies.

Listen to the lyrics, you'll know what I mean.

The song suggests that two enemies, who hate one another more than anything, are the same inside, and they exist to fight one another.

We're always on a side, think about it.

And for every advocate on one side, there is an advocate on the other.

Everything evens out.

So, what is the point of dedicating yourself to a certain religion, or atheism, or any ignorant extremist group, such as a feminist party, black panthers, pro gay or anti gay rallies, pro gun or anti gun rallies, etc?

There will always be opposition. You will never convert the whole world to your way, the way you believe is right.

Know what I mean?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Great topic got me thinking straight away

I just watched a typically strange video from David Ike earlier who mentions the left and right brain quite often. He has more time to think than the rest of us that's all. But perhaps the divide occurs there or something. Kind of a nature thing. I'm not sure but enlightening all the same OP

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Welcome to the law of duality. Most of the laws of physics also, can be applied to how it works inside and outside us. When we 'fell' the way was into the knowledge of good and evil , and duality was born. Judgement. This why there is all this talk of oneness and detachment. Sounds like your on your way.
Is meant to be frustrating. Is called paradox and it is your friend.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Welcome to higher "understanding" sista...and with it you will find comes "acceptance." Life is about to get a whole hell of a lot "easier" and the most mundane experiences will be more and more profound and life changing.

Namaste

SnF!!
edit on 10-3-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The clash of opposing forces, the immovable object and the unstoppable force...That clash is the same contrast you find in beautiful works of art made from black ink on white paper.

I authored this thread recently that goes a bit further in depth explaining the ebb and flow of life
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Welcome to higher "understanding" brother...and with it you will find comes "acceptance." Life is about to get a whole hell of a lot "easier" and the most mundane experiences will be more and more profound and life changing.

Namaste

SnF!!

I'm a "sister," not a "brother."

I think I understand the rest of what you stated. Really feeling it.

Thanks guys.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by Sly1one

Welcome to higher "understanding" brother...and with it you will find comes "acceptance." Life is about to get a whole hell of a lot "easier" and the most mundane experiences will be more and more profound and life changing.

Namaste

SnF!!

I'm a "sister," not a "brother."

I think I understand the rest of what you stated. Really feeling it.

Thanks guys.

Haha my bad! My apologies!

top topics

join