It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC disposed of $250,000 in maps printed to reflect fare hike erroneously. Who's paying for it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.nypost.com...

"MTA threw away up to $250,000 worth of subway maps because they displayed outdated fare info"

Where are their heads these days. Since the new maps were printed *especially* to reflect the fare increase, how could they get THAT wrong and keep on printing $250K in maps THEN realize the error? Hello, I think my first DRAFT was in the 1st grade.

So much for checks and balance, GOTHAM! To top it off bet those responsible for all that added waste & pollution, still get a raise/bonus at review time.

Waste not, want not.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KamaSutra

It happens. It sucks but it happens.

What is MORE disturbing is the cost of more than $3 a piece!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Alot of MTA employee just so happen to be former transportation/signage contractor employees.

The printing CONTRACTOR makes half a million dollars!

Instead of just quarter million. So many corrupt contractors and under-the-table deals with municipal employees.

i dont believe it was a "mistake"

observer.com...

^ Incidently, theres no historic shortage of sentiment exposing MTA are synonymous with corruption & waste

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Has anyone there ever heard of stickers? Duh.... This is why government agencies are broke these days. It is easier to throw things out then to fix them. So why go through the effort when money comes to them freely?

edit on 10-3-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KamaSutra

Alot of MTA employee just so happen to be former transportation/signage contractor employees.

The printing CONTRACTOR makes half a million dollars!

Instead of just quarter million. So many corrupt contractors and under-the-table deals with municipal employees.

i dont believe it was a "mistake"

observer.com...

^ Incidently, theres no historic shortage of sentiment exposing MTA are synonymous with corruption & waste
All the same...he who places the order proofs and signs off on the final artwork. Let's not blame the printer.

new topics

top topics

join