It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleister's rice and lentils recipe (Oatmeal too!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by Aleister

"Aleister's Rice and Lentils recipe":

as in crowley? NO THANKS!!!! J/K

Yes, that's right, these were Aleister Crowley's recipes which have been secretly passed down through the generations, and he specifically advocated the tiny oatmeal worms as the key factor (see Liber XXIII,chapter 93, "Spoken by The Beast as pertaining to the making of the cakes of rice and the lentils (and oatmeal too)"). Jeez. In seriousness, I don't know what Crowley ate, besides his cakes of light (gag) and other fluidey things, an interesting thought. "The Crowley Cookbook" might contain some interesting dishes, but I doubt if he made rice and beans.

hahah the magic cookbook of the crowley coven .. that is why Aleistar has added frogsbane and spiders leg with the eye of a toad - to add flavour yummmy..

WM - why an earth did you think it was a black magic cookbook ? - hilarious

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I linked this thread to a thread on low cost recipies, and there is some good pasta sauce and other items in that thread. Here's a link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

oh i didnt every time i hear that first name his name pops into my head, plus me and some friends broke into his mansion in newport ri so it really stand out in my mind

lol im sure it taste great i did denote j/k after my post as in joke ^^

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by HelenConway

oh i didnt every time i hear that first name his name pops into my head, plus me and some friends broke into his mansion in newport ri so it really stand out in my mind

lol im sure it taste great i did denote j/k after my post as in joke ^^

Well, maybe it only tastes great to me and mine, as nobody has reported back to this thread that they've made it and opened up a restuarant where it is served by the bushel.

Ah, you broke into Crowley's mansion. Pics or it didn't happen. I didn't know he had a mansion in Newport, Rhode Island, it must have been what is known as "Crowley's Boring Period or That Day He Played With A Neighbor's Dog And Watched TV".

link   
Whoops, a triple post. I must come back and write something here. Popcorn, and popcorn toppings in particular.

I make my popcorn in one of those whirly things, on the stovetop. A little bit of olive oil to cook it with (peanut oil is very good too. Coconut oil is messy and greasy, but only used that once and maybe haven't perfected it).

Then, when the popcorn is popped and ready, I splash on Ume Plum Vinegar (sounds weird, but try it!), sprinkle on some Dill weed (yummmmm), and top it off with nurtirional yeast. Best popcorn within ten villages and towns. Does anyone have any topping/seasoning suggestions?

edit on 9-4-2013 by Aleister because: triple post delete

edit on 9-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

link   
The third of the triple posts. They say the third post is the charm.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

yah its on ocean drive and is on one of the 6 highest peaks was the 6th house built or something , 6 , 6 ,6 i forget where the other 6 comes in but thats why he built it there, pretty much anyone can, no one will buy it lol, its all run down and stuff and kids party in there. i might go back down this summer, ill get some pics, the first time it was late and wasnt really a pic thing, we just wanted to see if there was like satans circles and witch craft stuff, we just ended up twisting something up and having a good time there, the wooded area is fun to play around in ^^

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

not a big fan of popcorn any more, my mom and sis ruined that when microwave popcorn became big lol, all f ing week long bleeeh i cant even go to the movies anymore the smell of popcorn butter makes me yaaak lol

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Because of my popcorn post here I checked search and nobody had made a popcorn thread! Hard to believe, but, as Crowley would say, truth is stranger than friction. Have you tried making popcorn in olive oil, or some people like peanut or coconut oil. I hate to hear of someone who doesn't like popcorn, we must cure you (I'm the same with wine, can't stand it because I got drunk on a fake wine, MD 20-20, in college). Here is the popcorn thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for more data on Crowley's home. I'm reading Lawrence Sutin's book on Crowley but haven't got to the part where he went to America yet. The run down home, the kids partying, playing in the woods, he would have probably approved. I'm surprised nobody has bought the home, Crowley's stuff is "sought after" by some (Jimmy Page was a big Crowley collector). I have one very nice manuscript page of his, arguably the very last important page he worked on in his life (literally just some typing and writing on a piece of paper, everything we put into things like that is from a sense of history and other spidey senses). Wonder if anyone has found anything of Crowley's in the home. A woman I know visited Finland and snuck into a large empty home, and found a small wine cellar. She did not have my wine aversion.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

HA I LOVEEEEEE RED WINE ^^ and a nice cigar once in a while too and maybe some other smoke as well ^9

ive been smart as far as alch was concerned, i never relaly drank or smoked crap anything. i was always fortunate to have older friends that were into "the finer things" of life ^^ then working at a rest. i got taught how to drink hehe i was always the group that went to a party with our backpacks and drank micro brews before it was cool to do ^^

as far as popcorn ,eh every once in a great great while ill crave it, but i definately cannot go to the movies anymore, that crappy fake liquid butter smell and salt . puuuuuuke

nah we didnt find anything, some things spray painted on walls,and some pentagrams obviously done after he was gone , it was also pretty dark and we were using a zippo lighter as our torch so not the best outting but fun none the less
edit on 11-4-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Since I wrote this page I've begun adding cashews into my lentils and rice. Yummmmmmmmm.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Wow I didn't even know ATS had a cooking forum. Love this recipe gonna try it out this month. Thank you OP star and flag

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

Thanks! I'm going to make some in about two hours, wish you were here. I'm low on zaatar though. Goes on my shopping list.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I've started adding chives as a seasoning, just before putting the nutritional yeast on. I don't taste them, but they have to be in the taste mix somewhere.

And sometimes I make the rice without the lentils (but use everything else) and then mix a can of beans into it in the dish and put on the last non-cooked seasonings. Instead of beans those fake meat things can be microwaved, cut up, and mixed in. Hmmm, I must be getting hungry! Again!

Some more things: I don't like spicy hot food, so I don't know what the lentils and rice taste like seasoned for hotness. I've never tried to do that, even for people who like it hot, so any feedback (ummmmmm, feed) would be welcome.

And if the leftovers are about a day and a half old, they are still fine to eat but have just a little different taste to them, so I drip and then spread some mustard onto the top (before or after the end seasonings, but before the nutritional yeast). Usually Dijon of some kind, or some other nice healthy mustard (not spicy hot though, see or don't see above).

Anyone have any more additional seasoning ideas? Thanks!
edit on 6-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That sounds very good! Wonderful contribution! The poster in the other thread we were just in should check out this section of ATS!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

OpinionatedB

That sounds very good! Wonderful contribution! The poster in the other thread we were just in should check out this section of ATS!

thanks! You would not believe how much I love this recipe, and by saying that I mean my body must love it and tells the brain "make it again, make it again!"

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thank you very much Aleistar for the rice and lentils recipe!
I use lentils a lot in my diet because i think they are very nutritious. A similar recipe i make includes some fresh tomato juice and olive oil but i am intrigued to make yours also!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Alicenaturally365
Thank you very much Aleistar for the rice and lentils recipe!
I use lentils a lot in my diet because i think they are very nutritious. A similar recipe i make includes some fresh tomato juice and olive oil but i am intrigued to make yours also!

Thank you, and I'm a proud chef today to give you your first star. Let me know how the recipe turned out.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
my body reacts poorly to carbohydrates. So rice and lentils both are something that I am not typically going to eat. I do black beans on occasion, since they are fairly low in carbs. My wife makes refried black beans that'll make you cry. Its ont he menu this weekend when I use yesterdays hambone to make a big batch of black beans.

That said....i do enjoy the diverse flavors offered by global cuisine. So I indulge (sometimes more often than not) in the occasional catchy recipe.

This is something we will be eating. It sounds fantastic. Simple food...not typically how I cook. But simple is "comfort food", and that is perfect for winter weekends.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks, to me almost all food I allow myself to eat is good. If you do make it, please let me (or the thread) know how you like it, and if you added any seasonings I may have missed. I've never added hot spicy seasonings, for example, I'm not a hotspice person, but a mild eater (this recipe as given is mild).

Lots of the flavoring in this recipe is in the seasonings, so even if you make other kinds of beans and other dishes, some of the seasonings mentioned might work well. I add some into the cooking process itself, others after the dish is finished, has stood for about ten minutes to do the last off-heat cooking and has been put into a plate. That's when I add the olive oil, pepper, zaatar, balsamic vinegar or good soy sauce sometimes, amino acids at times, the some sprinkled nutritional yeast.

Just writing about this makes me hungry for some. I've been eating this for about 25 years, several times a week, and each time it's so good that I have to put some self-control into eating more as I'm putting the leftovers into two medium-size plastic zip-lock bags (and the leftovers I pack don't even include the after-cooking seasonings as yet, those are added after I microwave a leftover serving the next day - on the initial cooking day I add the seasonings to the bowl after its loaded for bear!).

edit on 30-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join