It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i HATE Daylight Savings Time!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Try going from a state that has daylight savings, then to a state that doesn't have daylight savings, and making repeated trips back and forth between those two states for eight months. Done your head in yet???

I personally don't mind it either way, although in the height of summer here the sun is coming up at around 430am, and still going down by 6-7pm, whereas where I used to live it was around 530am, and was still light at around 9pm.

About the only thing that really sucks is the fact that if you have to get up early for work (I do a few 5am starts), technically it's 4am when the alarm goes off, and until your body gets used to it, it really runs you down.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Im with you! im in adelaide and it sucks.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by kthxbai

BAH!!!

IF you want to blame anyone, blame retail.
They wanted that extra hour in the evening so people would feel safer to go and spend more money.
That is what keeps this country going after all: spending.

No, George Bush was the one who changed the dates that DST would come in effect in the Energy Policy Act of 2005. Before then, it changed in April and November, now it changes in March and October, giving us 7 months on, 5 months off. He cheated us out of two months. Hence, those who are upset about it changing a month earlier than it once did can blame it on George Bush.

Feel free to google it for yourself.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I love daylight savings time. I wish we had it here in QLD australia.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Isn't this whole daylight savings time have to do with farmers from WW2 or something??

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I usually tell my body its bedtime with beers, or a nice handrolled cig.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
But Nothing sucks like going to work in dark(morning).

But sometimes its good to come home from work before its dark, so i guess its a trade off.

But isn't the whole thing is to save electricity? bu using natural light longer?

But it sure is inconvenient.

But....

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

yes it was so they could farm later on in the evening hours when it would normally be dark.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yawn!!!!!

I'm with you smylee. 6 am came way faster than I wanted it to this morning. Watched Walking dead, and Vikings as I have the last few Sundays, and I feel like I've been to some crazy weekend dance marathon. My whole body hurts, got a head ache, can't stop yawning.

I would sign, stamp, vote or fight for a 23hr roll back right about now

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

reply to post by dirtybird

Actually, The Farmer relation is a myth. It could possibly be for Coal Mine workers but it wa snever for farmer, but farmer do take advantage of it as well.

But now it is pretty much for Electrical Purposes.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

You mean Workout...a "good hard workout".....
edit on 3/11/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Lost an hour last night. Now its almost 7:00 and still sunny out.

I have never understood people on this side of the fence....it's dark out in the morning anyway with the execption of a single month!!!

I work from 7am-5pm like most people and am SO THANKFUL when the time finally changes so I can actualy get something done.

How can you enjoy waking up in the dark(which it is anyway), driving to work with the sun in your face, spending ALL DAY inside, only to emerge into dusk and it be pitch black by the time you get home? It's insane, you wonder why so many people kill themselves in the winter......

It's so nice to actualy have sunlight long enough to go home, and get a bike ready and go out side for a ride, or kyack or any number of actual activites I can do now that the sun isnt already going down by the time you get out of work.

Do you not do ANYTHING when you get home?
edit on 11-3-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I always dread the Spring forward day! Not only do I have a hard time getting out of bed earlier but waking my kids up for school is worse! I know everyone will be tired and crabby today. I am all for any kind of break. I found this on Sunday.

Younger folks may not know the movie.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by vind21

Lost an hour last night. Now its almost 7:00 and still sunny out.

I have never understood people on this side of the fence....it's dark out in the morning anyway with the execption of a single month!!!

I work from 7am-5pm like most people and am SO THANKFUL when the time finally changes so I can actualy get something done.

How can you enjoy waking up in the dark(which it is anyway), driving to work with the sun in your face, spending ALL DAY inside, only to emerge into dusk and it be pitch black by the time you get home? It's insane, you wonder why so many people kill themselves in the winter......

It's so nice to actualy have sunlight long enough to go home, and get a bike ready and go out side for a ride, or kyack or any number of actual activites I can do now that the sun isnt already going down by the time you get out of work.

Do you not do ANYTHING when you get home?
edit on 11-3-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

Oh, when my body adjusts to the change, I love it. What I dislike is losing the hour of sleep. It throws off my week.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well......I absolutely HATE standard time, so I guess that makes it even!

ETA: second line
edit on 11-3-2013 by Hugues de Payens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Indeed!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Anyway else feels like time going fast today!?

i swear i just had lunch and its already 2:00pm lol.

2 more hours till i'm home!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

You guys must be inside dogs. I personally like the extra daylight. Gives me time to enjoy and do things outdoors after work.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Yeah where they have Rattlesnakes, Scorpions and Black Widow spiders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join