learn more

i HATE Daylight Savings Time!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Or more accurately, I hate the time change.

Lost an hour last night. Now its almost 7:00 and still sunny out. That sounds great, but how in the heck am I supposed to convince my body its approaching bedtime?

I always have jetlag when time changes. Makes me feel crappy for a good week. Although, interestingly enough, I don't mind changing the time in the fall.

I have a suggestion. Next year, instead of falling back one hour, lets fall back 23 hours. It'd accomplish the same thing and there's countless studies that say we need more sleep.

Who's with me???

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm in!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You think that's bad, you ought to fly from the West Coast to Europe some time. That will seriously mess with your head. Or Israel. That will turn you inside out. Or upside down. No, wait! That's Australia.

Seriously there is no good reason for Daylight Savings Time. It does not save any money or energy. I figure if God had wanted us to use Daylight Savings Time He just would have set the clocks that way year around and be done with it. PLUS I don't even know how to change the time on my truck so it's gonna just sit there until it changes back!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I agree...I hate daylight savings time in the spring....it's done way too early now....I hate getting up in the dark.....I don't like it being so light so late in March....it's still winter for crying out loud.

At least they could go back to the April-October dates.....this sucks.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
since I was a kid I always thought daylight savings was a stupid idea, can't people just accept it's darker and lighter at different times of the year.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

We should all move to Arizona..

They don't have it there...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by NeoSpace

We should all move to Arizona..

They don't have it there...

Or Saskatchewan, eh?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I like the April-October dates better too. Why did it change to where it is now? It was much better when it changed with the weather, nice long evenings.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I say we do away with time keeping altogether.
We eat when we are hungry,we sleep when we grow tired.
We wake up when we feel like it and go to work when ever.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
While we're at it let's do away with time zones too! So what if 6 pm is in the middle of morning!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yes,its very annoying to say the least.

I communicate quite a bit with people in Europe most everyday,and I thought I missed some of them and a radio show I listen to...

Its also messing with my dinner time

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The falling back is easy, it's the springing forward that hurts.

I'm really, really not looking forward to 6am tomorrow morning. That first day of work after the time change is so painful!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

That's one thing I love about Arizona. We never change time. It's always the same year round...

Move on down and you won't have to do daylight savings time anymore...lol

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
SnF. I can't stand going to bed during the summer when it's still daylight. It should be dark out at bedtime.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The daylight saving times was made up so they could make more money a century ago. It's a new age now they need to stop this nonsense! It's proven it's not good for your mental well being. #@%$%!$%!$%!#% politicians

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I like the April-October dates better too. Why did it change to where it is now? It was much better when it changed with the weather, nice long evenings.

You can thank George W Bush for that

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I was just arguing this with my best friend yesterday. The legislature in my state has got the time change up for a vote, but here is the rub. My friend loves daylight savings, I don't care personally, just pick one and let's move on. Each time I said that she gave me an argument about why daylight savings was the best choice.

I also know people, like the OP and others on this thread who are equally passionate about doing away with daylight savings, so what we have is an impasse No politician in the world is gonna alienate half of his/her constituency, so they drop the issue or table it for another year, and I end up having to change back and forth, which is what I hate.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

BAH!!!

IF you want to blame anyone, blame retail.
They wanted that extra hour in the evening so people would feel safer to go and spend more money.
That is what keeps this country going after all: spending.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Someone better give me my hour back......I'm not kidding.

I want my stolen hour of sleep back.....Pronto!!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

I agree...I hate daylight savings time in the spring....it's done way too early now....I hate getting up in the dark.....I don't like it being so light so late in March....it's still winter for crying out loud.

At least they could go back to the April-October dates.....this sucks.

Arizona (continental) knows best.
edit on 10-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join