It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Read The Recent Thread About Nazi Atomic Weaopns in 1943. Oh Dear.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
And reading through that thread i could not stop laughing with some of the ignorance shown by some posters on the development of the nuclear bomb. My favourite post on that thread was and i quote " It's doubtful Churchill even knew of the concept of a nuclear weapon until 1945. "
Let me just state that Britain was THE LEAD country in nuclear weapon development during the early stages of WW II. The development of nuclear weapons was carried out under the code name of "Tube Alloys" Details here:-

en.wikipedia.org...

So not only was Churchill well aware of what a nuclear weapon was or could be, he was probably more informed than the US President at that stage.
I think people should at least carry out research before making such crass comments.

Mods. You may want to move this to The Rant Forum.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Crass comments, or as George Carlin said, "prick waving" ?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I don't know of which thread you're talking about, just want to point out that that doesn't change the fact they're all sick human beings who ever was/is involved in using this magnificent technology for the purpose of mass killing, and what is more scary in this very moment there are enough amount of nuclear arsenal to send the PLANET into oblivion.
It's a thing that no man should be proud of.
Ok, carry on...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

Hahahaha

1:25

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Maybe this should go into the Jim Marrs forum. He wrote an entire book dealing with The third Reich and the evidence of their development and testing of the first atomic bomb. The book is titled Rise of the Fourth Reich. Check it out, great read.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yes, yes, your country was leading in the development of nuclear weapons. Of course. Silly me.

Honestly: which country wants to have history saying "and those guys didn't know about nucular right until it hits them in the eye"? Therefore, "secret projects", or some documents about them made public at the right time.

Granted, Calder Hall. It was a power plant, but the idea was quite new.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Haven't seen the thread your referring to either mate, but I'll have a search.

Totally agree though, the UK gave the US a huge file with all our research, but, IMO, the one man you want on a team to make an atomic device was Heisenberg. The fact that Germany didn't get near it means that the world owes a huge debt to Heisenberg as there is no doubt in my mind that he was deliberately delaying and mis-calculating his research.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That is funny. I do not know much about the history of the atomic bomb in Britain, but I know that Einstein's letter to the president in 1939 sort of got the ball rolling as far as government work. I know the US built and tested the bomb before anyone else, and the Russians probably would not have gotten the bomb for many more months, perhaps even years, if not for their spies embedded within US nuclear programs. But, unfortunately, the US was also the first, and only, country to actually use one of these devices.

I would like to think that had they known the true destruction that the bomb would have caused, they would not have dropped it, but their reasoning was still relatively sound. Basically, since Japan did not want to surrender, it would be better for the US to bomb the country into capitulation as opposed to sacrificing who knows how many tens of thousands of soldiers to invade Japan's outlying islands and then inevitably mainland Japan itself. I do agree with you though that there is quite a bit of ignorance on ATS all the time. It is not that most people are dumb or stupid or slow, but rather they just do not have their facts straight. Well, maybe a little slow, lol. JK.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
That is funny. I do not know much about the history of the atomic bomb in Britain, but I know that Einstein's letter to the president in 1939 sort of got the ball rolling as far as government work. I know the US built and tested the bomb before anyone else, and the Russians probably would not have gotten the bomb for many more months, perhaps even years, if not for their spies embedded within US nuclear programs. But, unfortunately, the US was also the first, and only, country to actually use one of these devices.

I would like to think that had they known the true destruction that the bomb would have caused, they would not have dropped it, but their reasoning was still relatively sound. Basically, since Japan did not want to surrender, it would be better for the US to bomb the country into capitulation as opposed to sacrificing who knows how many tens of thousands of soldiers to invade Japan's outlying islands and then inevitably mainland Japan itself. I do agree with you though that there is quite a bit of ignorance on ATS all the time. It is not that most people are dumb or stupid or slow, but rather they just do not have their facts straight. Well, maybe a little slow, lol. JK.

You make just one mistake in your thread when you say The US built and tested the atomic bomb first. It didn't. However, The US Britain and Canada did. The Manhattan Project was a collective effort by those 3 countries. They all needed each others expertise to produce the atomic bomb. No single country at that time could have done it alone.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join