It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Stops Murder Plot With Gun; National Media Ignores Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
If I may, and rather than support this theory as a conspiracy, I believe a simple media rule applies: "Bad news sells." (As sad as this story is, it is in fact a feel-good story).

This is interesting on its own, but becomes more so when you when compare it with society’s appetite for bad news. It’s common knowledge that bad news sells, which is why our newspapers peddle it almost exclusively and, to some extent, we can understand why it appeals – our subconscious always needed to be more attuned to a cry of “Wolf!” than a regular call of “No wolves in sight”.

So, it seems that our nature is to seek out bad news, but then ignore the lessons that it should be teaching us; and to make this worse, when we find a story that allows us to believe that the risk is reduced, we accommodate and synthesize that almost immediately, building it into our new perception of reality

Fascinating analysis: blogs.forrester.com...

edit on 10-3-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

Pure and simple logic. Bad news sells but mom always considered it a lie to exclude the truth. Good news sells too if it is what we are looking for and I can guarantee that people want to hear both sides of this story on incidents involving gun useage in any criminal incident. The good and the bad incidents involving guns are currently being framed in the media as mostly about the bad and avoiding the good.When only one side of the confilict is covered it is time to call BS. Star and flag the OP,

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Also notice what the headline is in the Daily News...
"Two charged in Webster home invasion"

Rather, consider what it is not and should be...
"Young man uses firearm to save family"

Spin and obfuscation. I bet The Daily didn't even want to print it in the first place.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Good for him.

Maybe he should have asked their intentions before offending them with a gun.....lord knows that they were the "noble" type.

Too bad he couldnt get the gun in the first place and kill them both. Now we have to keep them around until they grow old, feeding and clothing them and giving them great medical treatment. Rapists and home invaders.....think about that.

I bet someone (ant-gun dumb dumb) will call him a coward.....for not letting his family be murdered after being raped.....

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I really don't like how you and Alex Jones are using this tragic story for purely political reasons. It seems very cold-hearted on your part. This was still an extremely traumatic event in these people's lives. This event sounds so bad, I think if I was in their position I'd rather be dead. You guys seem completely un-sympathetic.

You might respond that the "liberal media" does it too, so it's okay for you too. But there's a difference. From what I've seen, when liberals use stories for agendas, they usually feel bad about the event that occurred. e.g. Many people cried about the Sandy hook event.

I sense absolutely no sympathy from your post!
edit on 10-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

i couldn't help but laugh out loud at this weak attempt of downplaying the OP.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Interesting how in almost all of the pro-2nd amendment threads on ATS (and I am most decidedly, vehemently PRO 2nd Amendment) the op and posters use it as an opportunity to do their best to slander liberals and progressives at the same time. This is not a partisan issue. There are plenty of ignorant conservatives who consider the constitution a "piece of paper" and would love to take your guns. I have 4 card-carrying Republicans in my family who hold up Sandy Hook like some kind of banner and demand we "protect the babies from these gun carrying criminals"

Of course, when I point out that law abiding citizens don't murder people with their legally purchased guns I'm completely ignored.

It's supposed to be us (the people) against them (the government). Not us against each other, and every time you ramp up the divisive rhetoric that divides us that just gives them (the government) more opportunity to oppress us. Also, it makes you look like a bigot.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Any other sources other than Infowars?

Obviously, the MSM is claimed to have ignored this but a police blotter would help or court records. Something unbiased and just the facts.

Edit: The link within your InfoWars links give this: www.khou.com...

How is that ignoring this news, it's a local story that was covered locally?

Another edit: I see added the source below, so why does national media have to cover this? The story itself is light on details, to say the least.

newtown and aurora were local stories covered by national media. They were national news, because there is an agenda to be served by covering them. it is counter to the agenda to report things like this on national media, because it completely invalidates the argument being made for infringing upon the rights of the people.

This is why you will never see stories like this, demonstrating a positive use of firearms in the national media. agenda-driven media at it's finest.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I really don't like how you and Alex Jones are using this tragic story for purely political reasons. It seems very cold-hearted on your part. This was still an extremely traumatic event in these people's lives. This event sounds so bad, I think if I was in their position I'd rather be dead. You guys seem completely un-sympathetic.

You might respond that the "liberal media" does it too, so it's okay for you too. But there's a difference. From what I've seen, when liberals use stories for agendas, they usually feel bad about the event that occurred. e.g. Many people cried about the Sandy hook event.

I sense absolutely no sympathy from your post!

i don't think it's cold or hearless at all...it's simply being said "hey, firearms can be used in a positive way too. not all owners are criminals". How are they using this for politics?

the MSM, and corrupt politicians are using 20 dead children to push illegal infringement of the people's rights. do you not find THAT disgusting? what's more, so you not find the ACT they put on, to make the people think they give a crap even MORE disgusting?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join