It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky weather

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm in Sussex, near the A23 which, if you read the news reports, was horrendous from Monday evening through to Tuesday morning. A fair few people from my town were stuck there for around 10hrs overnight, some with children.It was a horribly worrying time. It's like we got completely blindsided by the level of snow that fell in such a small space of time. None of us expected so much so quick, and with the gale force winds to add to the fun.

Thankfully my town has a lot of community spirit and many many locals stocked up 4x4's and got as close as they could before continuing on foot to take blankets, clothing, hot drinks, food etc to the people stuck. And to help rescue the people stranded with children. All despite being threatened with prosecution if they continued.Very proud of them!
I'm glad to say everyone made it home eventually but many had to abandon their cars. Some of which were looted by less desirable members of society.
Not so proud of them.

It poses a very serious question though...... What if a disaster were to happen, natural or otherwise, how would we cope? Really? Would the good people outnumber the bad? Would the authorities get in the way of us helping each other? Worrying thought.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

This

+1.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I agree. I have noticed when thunderstorms
actually do appear;
(we're in drought in Austin Texas)
the thunder clap and rolls seem to last
way longer than I remember. You know you see a flash
and then BOOM!! Then roll rumble, rumble, rumble, then dies off..
Now it flash Boom rumble x20.

It could be all in my head but I don't remember thunder
rolling out as long before the last 5 years or so.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

i know what you mean, I'm about 30 miles south of you and have noticed the same with the thunder. I get to where i miss thunderstorms especially when the summer drags on with no rain. Thats so funny b/c I've thought of it sounding like an echo through a mountain range, it just continues on and on.
heather

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join