It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky weather

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Freaky weather

www.bbc.co.uk

Freaky weather for south west British isles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ok so Saturday we were working in the garden in a balmy 18c in glorious sunshine. Today (Sunday) was a little overcast with a few gusts. We have just received a red alert warning for the weather tomorrow ,4 ins of snow with severe gale force 8 nne with severe drifting likely and a wind chill of -9c this is unusual for the Channel Islands, I cannot recall the last time a red alert was announced over here. I know only 4 ins of snow is nothing to many but here it stops the island functioning full stop.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Around 2 hours ago here it was sunny with blue skies, And large snow flakes fell for around 5 mins. It was strange. Talk about a day for all seasons!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It looks like the area has had freaky weather in the past. I found this about it.

The British Isles do not experience extreme weather regularly. There have been several occasions where extreme weather events have occurred. In the winter of 1982, for a few days parts of central and southern England experienced temperatures lower than central Europe and Moscow. In contrast, the summers of 1975 and 1976 experienced temperatures as high as 35 °C (95 °F). It was so dry the country suffered drought and water shortages.[4] Extended periods of extreme weather, such as the drought of 1975–1976 and the very cold winters of 1946–1947, 1962–1963, 1978–79, 1981–1982 and 2009–2010, are often caused by blocking anti-cyclones which can persist several days or even weeks. In winter they can bring long periods of cold dry weather and in summer long periods of hot dry weather.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Your avatar is very fitting

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Scary thing is the local met dept had this Sussed a few days ago but none of the other weather models came anywhere close, forecasting 8c and showers ?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Around 2 hours ago here it was sunny with blue skies, And large snow flakes fell for around 5 mins. It was strange. Talk about a day for all seasons!

Blue skies......and SNOW!!

Now that's freaky!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Yea thats what i thought lol. There was not that many flakes but they were quite thick. I heard some children shouting "its snowing". Global warming?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well that's been an interesting start to the day. Left for the office at 6.30 with a few flakes around to get some work to do at home, within the hour my return journey was a nightmare barely made it up the hill to our place. Now got force 9 forecast for later in the morning with severe drifting, it hasn't stopped snowing since 0700

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Snow just started here (Manchester'ish), no blue sky though
......that would have been nice!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
just got back from the shops, walked through an instant, short-lived blizzard while the sun is shining. and it's SO cold. the weather is indeed messed up. it's simply too weird, too often. i'm sick of the cold. bah!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

It lasted all of 5 minutes! Totally snowy skies while it was happening.
It stopped like somebody had flicked a switch, the overcast sky disappeared as if by magic. Lovely bright blue sky and sunny sunny sunny!
Like some sort of magic trick.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
South Essex here .. It's been on an of snowing since last night we've had some short lives blizzards today though nothing's really settling but most strange. One minute heavy snow next minute nothing

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Originally posted by TheDoctor46

Blue skies......and SNOW!!

Now that's freaky!

Rainbows
Jane

I was only discussing this at work this morning. I took my dogs out at 7.45am this morning in bright clear blue skies. As I got to the field it started to snow ... no clouds and still bright blue sky. I did think it was weird at the time.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

See....it's magic I tell you...magic...it's not really snow!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm so ready for spring and to get my hands back in the dirt.

Today on my side of the pond, we are having some strange weather too.

I live in Michigan. In the upper peninsula they are getting blasted with 8 inches of snow. Here in the mitten, where I'm at, it's fifty degrees out, raining, and melting all the snow. Glad I'm on the warm side of this cold front.

~ Cirque

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

just snowed here in chester for about 10 mins

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That was freaky. About an hour ago i was washing dishes, and looking out at the mountains and i could see a big white cloud coming towards us, within minutes we had heavy snow, now its gone and my lounge is bathed in sunlight.
British weather eh?? lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Its probably an event where the clouds that dropped the snow or rain dissappeared before the precip hit the ground. It is not that uncommon, or the snow was blown aloft far from the clouds that produced it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sooner or later people will come to grips with the fact that things are changing, and not for the better. Hopefully soon we'll all wake up together and admit somethings out of whack and start looking for a solution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join