It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SC Sheriff: Man kicked in door, shot by homeowner

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Pretty sure if there were no guns at all, less people would kill others and fewer would kill themselves. Again, we are supposed to be free so any control is a slap in the face.

Well, your opinion is important to voice, as any other. The Constitution sets the standard though and it is clear in my right to own my firearms. Whatever may have been unclear was certainly clarified in 2009 by the DC vs. Heller decision which established it as an absolute individual right, aside from any militia or membership in any organization.

That same decision left room for regulation. I'm very sure that didn't allow any outright ban of a class or type, though. That was proven in other cases where municipalities have attempted to single out handguns and failed. Any major laws to pass now will be headed to the Super Court anyway though, so we'll see how they're feeling now. I doubt much has changed.

If your state decides they want to be gun free to the extent the Constitution does allow? (not much there) then so be it.. My state absolutely doesn't have to follow though which is the main thing when it comes right down to it.

I happen to enjoy shooting, by the way. It's a past time and sport that I've enjoyed my entire life.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by Krakatoa

I've lived in the wild in areas where it was wise to carry a gun. (and I did) Now I live near areas in the city that I could say the same thing about. Point is those areas are few and you either live in them or not. If I did, I would probably want to carry a gun. I chose not to live in those areas and therefore am not living in fear. Thus I dont feel the need to arm myself.

If you are afraid, then by all means get a gun, and tell folks you are for gun control because you live in fear. Shielding yourself with "language of the constitution" is dishonest IMO.

I see. OK. DO you have health insurance? DO you have life insurance? Is anyone trying to prevent you from having either of those things? IF you are not fearful that you will be a victim of some accident or disease that would incapacitate you or prevent you from working and providing for your family, then you too live in fear. Albeit of a different thing. Unless, you say, yes, but those are safety nets, it's being prepared in case something happens (which I've heard many times before). You are correct....however, for those that choose to posses a gun that is their right to do, isn't that also a case of being prepared for the unlikely chance they need it?

Those are, as well, reasons but not excuses. Straw-men perhaps? But it seems your argument on this topic requires I state it in this fashion for your understanding.

Sorry posters for going off-topic myself.....but, frankly, my resolve weakens when folks try to cloud the issue with unrelated similes.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Im sorry buddy, but you are wrong on this one.

IF (big if) this is a case where the suspect's wife was cheating with the homeowner, this still gives him no right to break in to another's home. You said you would do the same thing? You would break in to someone's home because your wife is in there? Would you assault the home owner inside of their own home?

If the answer is yes, then you deserve what you get.

Breaking in to someone else's house and assaulting ANYONE under any circumstances is wrong and illegal.

DC

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

Out of raw, human emotion you wouldnt do the same thing? I know i would, but that's me.
I also didnt say it was right for the man to break into the house. Just because i said i would do it doesnt make it right or doesnt mean i think it is right and/or lawful.
Trying to make mountains out of mole thills, are we?
edit on 10-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa

So, he called 911 to report the break-in, and before the police could arrive, the suspect broke down the main door, assaulted his own wife (the suspects wife was in the home) by grabbing her by the neck and tossing her against the wall. The police still had not arrived yet when he then broke down a second door to the room where the homeowner was hiding for protection. With the police still not there. the homeowner made a decision to open fire on the suspect in self-defense.

In a world where guns are banned completely, this story may have had a much different and more tragic ending for two American citizens. The fact that possession of a gun and its thoughtful use in this instance is one of the main tenets of the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Without this right, as many are trying to remove, we will be subject to something similar if it ever happens. And before responses such as "this is a rare case" or "this doesn't happen often enough", consider this:

- If it happens even once to you, it could mean your life or the life of your family (that is pretty important)
- The recent "mass shootings" are also rare occurrences considering the population and number of gun owners in the country. (that's pretty important)

Your thoughts ATS?

www.fortmilltimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-3-2013 by Krakatoa because: Modified to reflect the situation of the wife's association. I incorrectly read it as the homeowners wife when it was not.

I strongly agree. If the Government starts storming the US Citizens homes taking away all firearms then stories like this will end with the innocent people getting killed rather than the bad guy losing. I live in a state where the self defense laws aren't exactly the best. If someone was to break into my home I couldn't draw my weapon on them or I could be charged with brandishing a firearm. But I don't care. The way I see it, the front door is locked for their protection not mine. If they want to come in I have 40 calibers of welcoming power to give them. I firmly believe that I have the right to dispose of a home intruder with deadly force.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

If someone is suicidal, not having a gun isn't going to cure their depression. They'll just kill their self another way.
Don't you think there is something wrong with your logic to think that guns cause suicides? Did you know suicide existed long before these mysterious evil inanimate objects called "guns"(aka, evil!) or even gun powder, ever did? It's true. And when someone hangs their self do you blame the rope too? Yay rope! yip yip, hooray!

By the way do you keep tabs on gun suicides on a daily basis?....That's a tad bit strange sir.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
All men know that sleeping with another mans wife will most likely get you killed, I am sure that under assault laws there is a clause that says that you can't bait someone to attack you.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
should have got dexter to get rid of the body the guy cant be a very good shot if the burgaler is in hospital hammer to the head then phone for dexter problem solved & no cops involved

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so how many kids killed themselves yesterday with guns kept in a house with no gun safe ?

these intruder cases are a weak argument for guns

simply because it is much more rare than people believe

if every teen suicide with a gun were posted here daily, it would be too depressing to come here

just checked, there are 45 suicides a day in the US from firearms

yay guns !!!
edit on 10-3-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

Half a million people die every year from smoking. How come we don't ban that.
Thousands die every year in automobile accidents. How come we don't ban cars?
The amount of people who die from baseball bats, hammers and other objects is greater than gun deaths.

I hear these arguments about guns. Yet we do nothing about the other stuff that kills more people every year.
If you really cared about people dying we'd go down the list from the greatest to smallest and ban the things that kill the most people.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
should have got dexter to get rid of the body the guy cant be a very good shot if the burgaler is in hospital hammer to the head then phone for dexter problem solved & no cops involved

Except, this is real life...not a TV show.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu
All men know that sleeping with another mans wife will most likely get you killed, I am sure that under assault laws there is a clause that says that you can't bait someone to attack you.

Men do get killed for sleeping with another mans wife.

I don't think that it is worth it, personally. If your wife is sleeping with another man, she is obviously not worth keeping. She is definitely not worth going to jail for and certainly not worth dying for.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

The intruder was the husband of the wife.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Doesn't matter....he should have simply knocked and demanded to see her...

You break into someone else's house, you ALWAYS run the risk of being shot...simple as that. Too bad. The onus is on you.

Personally, if someone is in my house after hours, it means they had to get over two fences and then break in, so they are getting shot no questions asked. Anybody I know would call first.

Of course, they'd have to be ninjas to disarm the alarms (which are on battery, so even cutting the house power won't work), and then not arouse the dogs or the damn bird (who is louder than any alarm system ever dreamed of)....

edit on 11-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
reply to post by Cuervo

Please reread the OP again. I corrected my misunderstanding long ago to reflect that fact.

And, for the record, that is really irrelevant here since it shouldn't matter at all who was in the home....what does matter is he forcibly broke into the home, which is wrong and against the law. Doing that (for any reason) places you in danger of getting what he got, or more by a home owner defending themselves.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Fairly locally, we had a different scenario over the weekend...

72 year old man, gets up in the middle of the night..goes in his kitchen, and sees his wife (40, so a bit of a red flag) with another man (30 something). He goes back in his room, grabs a gun, and shoots the other guy dead. Gets charged with 2nd degree murder.

Personally, I'm not sure why he didn't just state he thought an intruder was raping his wife...that's what I would have said... Oops....but apparently, he didn't think of that.

Sorry, but I have to say the guy had it coming...I mean really, in the man's own house? Too bad, so sad...

edit on 11-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I know this story. The homeowner didn't do the shooting.it was his 20 yr old.son that was fooling around with a 34 yr old married woman. He did not.kick in any doors inside or outside the house. She let.him in and they spoke inside the room and then he did go upstairs where the boy and I do mean boy cowardly shot him. I know.it is hard to believe for.most but has was trying to save a 12 yr marriage. Stay tuned for.details in the news because this is not.an open and shut case. It is still being investigated at this time. Punk kid with 3 kids by 3 different women that he doesn't even take.care of with no job and he is fooling around.with a married woman. Yea can you say white trash.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I do Have one question to Gun rights activists

why do you need assault rifles for hone defense?
you cant use them for Home defense as its just impractical and you are aren't Switzerland/Israel and other countries where you have compulsory military service

so why are people fighting against the assault rifle ban?

Hand guns fine and dandy

not the right topic but valid question

<< 1  2   >>

join