It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Sheriff Says Dems Are Using Salary Threats To Pressure Sheriffs To Support Gun Control Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

can you say- extortion?At a govt. level!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Uhh ok these sheriffs need to arrest those that are saying this. Last time I checked bribery and extortion of an elected official is a felony offense. A sheriff is a elected official of their county/state. Get em boys!

edit on 10-3-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The local Walmart stores in my area have limited ammo sales to 3 boxes per person (and apparently if you are married, you and your spouse are counted as ONE individual) And posts just like the OP's are exactly the reason why it takes less than 25 minutes for our Walmart to have their ammo stock totally sold out! It's insane the gov is even TRYING to push the ban at all. They KNOW how the citizens, law enforcement, ex and current military personnel, etc are reacting already..stocking up. They should scrap the whole idea of tampering with the rights of the people who make this country what it is...thanks for the post OP!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm thinking that Breakdance Obama is going up against a fairly united groups of Second Amendment advocates. Not to forget the oath keepers. But we can touch on that subject later.

Local Oregon Sheriff Says Agency Will Ignore Gun Control Laws

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Is there any proof this is true? And if true, WHO said it? Is it a city, state or federal politician? Heck I see a lot of people even blaming Obama for this!

I forget how people on this site operate...."if it supports your viewpoint, believe it!!"

That needs to be ATS' new motto.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ok so I read the article again, this time thoroughly....

First, they haven't received a pay raise in 7 years. Why would they receive a pay raise now of all times? when talks of cutting spending is on everyone's mind?

Second, the claims the sheriff is making are very vague, but one thing he admits is that what the alleged democrat said was vague.
So we have vague claims being made about vague claims.....

and you guys are so quick to accuse people of extortion?!?
That's the definition of ignorance. You have no idea what was said.

edit on 11-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Definately by the rules of evidence,
Produce said email...if it cannot be produced the sherriff is in for a rough ride.
If it can be so produced i believe it should be grand jury time .......

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Your Sheriffs, arrest a few of them and they will see the light, breaking the law is the same for them as us and that's definitely extortion.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tmeister182

I'm waiting for the Sheriff and his deputies to arrest a couple of federal agents who come bullying their way into their county thinking they can pull off another 'Waco'.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetChild

Let you be producing evidence and
material showing that you can back
up your accusation of republicans
using this tactic.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Worst administration..... EVER.

most criminal administration......EVER.

Most useless administration.....EVER.

They should be tried in a court of law for their unlawful actions. They are not exempt.

Attacking the 2nd Amendment is a very good way for the democrats to lose control

over the U.S. Senate and the White House.

Bill Clinton warned them.

The truth will shut them down every time. Gun Control does not work so...

lets do it anyway???

Look at all of the Gun Control in Chicago. It's the OK Corral shootout every night.
edit on 11-3-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Produce said email...if it cannot be produced the sherriff is in for a rough ride.

I know him. He's a stand up guy. He never claimed to have the e-mail from the dem, he received another e-mail from the sheriff's assoc which explained the threat. He's not in for a rough ride at all. He has the support of 95% of the voting county. And like he said: he's term limited so he can't run for reelection this time around, he's done.

He has nothing to gain here.

He's a good man. I'd take his work over some politician's any day of the week.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by coltcall
reply to post by tmeister182

I'm waiting for the Sheriff and his deputies to arrest a couple of federal agents who come bullying their way into their county thinking they can pull off another 'Waco'.

I don't speak for Sheriff Maketa, but... I believe he would. And he'd deputize half the county if he needed to. Every time I've had an encounter with one of his deputies I immediately announce that I'm carrying. They never ask to see my weapon, they just say "thank you! we rely on you guys."

It might be a little different here than where you're used to.

I know 8 or 10 deputies. They've been in my home we've discussed everything from the best way to grill a steak to the breeding habits of African Grey parrots.

Our LE truly lives and operates within a supportive community.
edit on 11-3-2013 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Originally posted by stirling

I know him. He's a stand up guy. He never claimed to have the e-mail from the dem, he received another e-mail from the sheriff's assoc which explained the threat. He's not in for a rough ride at all. He has the support of 95% of the voting county. And like he said: he's term limited so he can't run for reelection this time around, he's done.

He has nothing to gain here.

He's a good man. I'd take his work over some politician's any day of the week.

So the democrats want to disarm the Americans living in Colorado all of sudden.

Hmmm.....are they expecting a shoot out in the future?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Well, we got a lot of California relocations into the Denver area (thanks for that, CA... elect morons, regret the consequences, then decide to go screw up another state... lovely....) we detest them.

Then you have Boulder. Sweet Low Crawling Jeesus... it's little Berkeley: the central US of white guilt and "OMG You Guys!" screaming about diversity (try being black and driving through that town. Good luck!). The Stupid is strong there. And like flies to crap, they keep coming.

Majority of the state is ranchers, military, fishermen, farmers, just people that want to be left alone to live their lives. But nope. The Clown Show that is Denver and Boulder has elected just a disaster of a state legislature.

We'll fix it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Well, we got a lot of California relocations into the Denver area (thanks for that, CA... elect morons, regret the consequences, then decide to go screw up another state... lovely....) we detest them.

Then you have Boulder. Sweet Low Crawling Jeesus... it's little Berkeley: the central US of white guilt and "OMG You Guys!" screaming about diversity (try being black and driving through that town. Good luck!). The Stupid is strong there. And like flies to crap, they keep coming.

Majority of the state is ranchers, military, fishermen, farmers, just people that want to be left alone to live their lives. But nope. The Clown Show that is Denver and Boulder has elected just a disaster of a state legislature.

We'll fix it.

FYI, Denver has become a safe haven for pediphiles. The state government refuses

to pass Jessica's Law. Bill O'Reilly says Denver has over 10,000 registered pediphiles.

If you get caught, then you get a slap on the wrist.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

FYI, Denver has become a safe haven for pediphiles. The state government refuses

to pass Jessica's Law. Bill O'Reilly says Denver has over 10,000 registered pediphiles.

If you get caught, then you get a slap on the wrist.

Doesn't surprise me. We avoid the place like the plague. Nothing good happens in Denver after 0900.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

It's not just Colorado, it's the whole country... Once the Second Amendment is taken away, all your rights will be taken away...

Best way to get a stranglehold on a country is to disarm them. That is IF they can pull it off, which I know they can't.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

If an FBI agent is breaking a state law in a certain county, that county sheriff can arrest said FBI agent. Or ATF agent. Or whomever federal agent is breaking the law in said county.

Sheriffs are elected by the constituency of the county. The sheriff is expected to uphold the law in said county.

Now, I don't know who the sheriff was during the Waco incident. And I don't know if that sheriff had second thoughts about putting the kibosh on the ATFs plans before they turned into the disaster that happened. But I'm thinking that sheriffs across the land have it on their minds that they won't have another 'Waco' in their country. If they see federal agents acting foolishly or illegally, it's not unthinkable the sheriff would move in to put a kibosh on those activities.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Number of Children in Denver Rescued From Commercial Sex Trade

in Americas, Transnational Crime

Between 2006 to 2011, police in Denver, Colorado identified and rescued 47 children who were working in the prostitution industry.

In 2012 alone, police in the city identified and rescued 49 children working in the commercial sex trade.

Source: Kristen Kidd, “Sex trafficking in Denver,” Denver Post, Opinion, March 10, 2013.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join