It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnagog or what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I know what is Hypnagogia
I regret, i dont know how to picture, and make art. in any way
(except abstract in bathroom no.2

It has happening for a while, and manny manny times.
Last night i decided to post here.
Last night i saw:
1. A girl walking through dezert city, city in ruins, a Im Alive style, hear some nature sounds.
2. Seen a woman, who is burning face before my eyes.
3. Saw something can tell what, it was smudged, blurry, purple window, there was a group of voices and screams, people in pain, well not nice.
-It has happening in matter of minutes.
-There can be really nice things to hear and see.
-I can see all that bullwaste pictures, sounds, people, music, events, every damn thing. and i remember it in detail.

-Hollywood in my head?

-I need a good explanation of all this. If is good i will continue (if possible by my will) to exercise this.
if not i must stop that. dont need that. what is purpose to that.
-My Wishfull thinking, how i will explain that is: I like people, and like to help people, to protect people, a guard for people etc. And in movie like: Unbreakable, a super hero can see things to solve crime.

-Maybe it is personal related, as in: what person type u are, then such kind of movie u can see
-Maybe is past, present, or future wich is happend/ing.
-Maybe god or whoever does not have playstation, and playin us on this way.

If u answer, try to put simple as possible, as like some definition.
-No offtopic.

i have a joke for you:
Two atoms walking dow the street,
and they see a electron incoming,
and one atom says to another: Look this nervous one.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Are you talking about a dream you've been having? I'm sorry, it's difficult to understand your english.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wwwchronos

Hypnogogia is a series of waking-hallucinations, experienced in a state between waking and dreaming. When you prematurely wake up, your brain translates some of your dream into the space you're looking. This is why we experience sleep paralysis, and various noises/visions when we wake up before we're done dreaming.

What you've described, to me, just seems like a dream. Your subconscious has been inspired by recent Doomsday predictions (2012 Apocalypse Theories) and Hollywood movies (Day After Tomorrow; 2012; Resident Evil Apocalypse; etc). All that's happening is, your brain is focusing on those images, and creating a dream from them, because some part of you is very interested in those types of experiences/theories.

Do you believe in an "End of the World?" I'd bet you do, if you dream about it so much.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hypnogogics are a pre-dream. A dream without you having a physical body.

They are more or less random, but you can control them to some extent by choosing what you focus your attention on. Hearing screaming and don't like it? Focus on some other sound.

You can also force the content of your hypnogogia by remaining focused on a single topic as you fall asleep. ALthough that's easier said than done, since the mind tends to wander and trying to force things like that can interfere with sleep. But it can be done with practice.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

no- thats not a case

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

What evidence do you have then—outside of your wish to be a superhero like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable—that what you've just described is anything more than a dream?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

ji have physical body.
lets take last night.
i playing, reading something. and then i start thinking of something. and then i lose my think flow. let say then my brain is focused on nothing, just flow around relaxed thinking about nothing. in some moomment i can hear music, voices, whispers, talking people, nature sounds etc. sometime i just see things like nature, people, events etc.sometime both audio and video.
When that happens, im not sleeping.
Or reading something and brain come to stand by mode.
or my eyes are closed and same no activity mode is on. and that happens.
Before i experienced that also, mostly before sleep, before i fall at sleep. Same as hypnagoia, but this is different. at least i think it is.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

ji have physical body.
lets take last night.
i playing, reading something. and then i start thinking of something. and then i lose my think flow. let say then my brain is focused on nothing, just flow around relaxed thinking about nothing. in some moomment i can hear music, voices, whispers, talking people, nature sounds etc. sometime i just see things like nature, people, events etc.sometime both audio and video.
When that happens, im not sleeping.
Or reading something and brain come to stand by mode.
or my eyes are closed and same no activity mode is on. and that happens.
Before i experienced that also, mostly before sleep, before i fall at sleep. Same as hypnagoia, but this is different. at least i think it is.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

it is Not a dream.
I know when i dreaming.
Its not before sleep issue.
it happens last time couple times.
I was not going to sleep.
I was playing megapolis on my tablet pc.
and stay off focus and this hapens.
I know its weird. but hey. im like now: it is all possible, but wtf.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That sounds just like day-dreaming to me. Fantasizing. Especially when you say you were playing an online role-playing game about mythological events. I think you have an active imagination, one which often get's the better of you, and makes you dream, or day-dream, about things related to games, movies, or books which you enjoy. Nothing wrong with that though, having a healthy imagination can make one very artistic. Have you tried writing your dreams into stories? Painting them? Maybe making short movies about them?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I dont play anykind of online of offline role of mytological events.
I thinking before to writite my dream stories, but i can recall dreams very well.
I before xperimenting with that, astral, lucid, aware dreams etc.
Only game i really enjoy is battlefield bad company 2.
megapolis is installed few days ago, im not active player of that.

Considering to learn how to paint,
but i think it is very demanding skill.
Hmm short movies. hmm. not bad idea too. but to what end?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

i ant to add.
Im NOT crazy.
i KNOW what i experiencing.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I never said you were crazy, only that I thought you had an active imagination. Which, I believe, can help with creativity.

I'm just not convinced that what you're experiencing is anything different from a dream, a day-dream, or a fantasy when you lose focus on what you're doing.

I've been wrong before though, so, do what feels right.

If you want to be accepted having some kind of prophecy, or an ability to see the future, or travel in other Universes though, you need to find a way to prove—beyond just your word—that what you're experiencing is not a dream.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

im good im probabilities and action paths.
but im not a prophet or whatever. and i dont want to be.
i continue more proactive in this issues wich i posted, and i can tell it is fun.
Its not a problem anymore.
kinda enjoy

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I just learned,
this hypnagogia states, flashing images sounds places and people are actually you. Me.
Past lives, me and eventually people and stuff around me what i experienced in past life.

Well nice.
For now it seems in some of past lives, ive been a woman, who died, on violent way.
I lived somewhere near sea on some beaches, some city, some very very big modern buildings destroyed, ruins.
I think i died because drowning or burning up. Or that are two different lives, or somebody else.
Anyway, it is interesting.

top topics

join