It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Vote Tampering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Please read this alarming link! It smacks of another Florida!

Please get the word out! Write the Newspapers, Write your Congressman, Get on the News! Voter Fraud!!!!

www.snopes.com...

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I bet that thousands of votes have been tampered with

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Actually, if you read whole the page, you're kind of making a false claim here, aren't you?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Aw, crap! You know, I hate to say it, but I figured going hi-tech was going to prove disasterous! Give me an old fashoined paper ballot any day of the week!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I'm with you TC. See, if my mom and dad had to go vote on a computer (which they won't because we'll be paper here) they'd never get through. They wouldn't be able to vote in private because they'd have to have some one come over and help them.

I'm serious...I don't see anyway my parents could pull this off.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
LOL! I hear you! My son talked the grandfolks into a computer so they can IM chat when he's in Tejas...they are always calling for computer support. You know, the technical stuff like how to turn the thing on, etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
LOL...my grandparents still can't master the answering machine. Neither of them would get within 10 feet of a computer...

Florida is going to be fun on Tuesday

[edit on 11/1/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
LOL...my grandparents still can't master the answering machine. Neither of them would get within 10 feet of a computer...

Florida is going to be fun on Tuesday

[edit on 11/1/2004 by Lecky]

My parents can't either. And then the other thing that really cracks me up is my mom will call my work, and get my voicemail and she'll go "are you there?"...lol....like it's an answering machine that I can turn off and answer the phone...

pfffft. Oh...they're funny.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Look, I hate to sound like a stereotype, but the !@#$%* VCR machine kicks me squarely in the arse! I was so happy when the DVD came about! It is much more idiot-proof for the low-tech folk among us!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Dennis Miller was making me very upset the other night talking about Seniors in Florida.
He said something like "If they can't figure out a computer, they shouldn't be able to vote anyway"

Totally trashing the "Greatest Generation".

It kept going on.

He was making hand jesters and laughing.

My father was an engineer who helped developed the CAD, and he also
was one of the first in the World with a degree in Robotic Engineering.

He would be almost 80 now.

With the injuries and other things he was exposed to while fighting in both WWII and Korea, he suffered in his last couple years of complications.

His mind was sharp as a tack.

He knew how computers worked, and would NEVER cast his vote on one.

Besides he had vision problems, and after a few strokes he survived, physical problems.

My mom was a homemaker who has yet to sit behind a computer.

She also was an A student, and you can call her anytime and ask the correct spelling of any word.
She also knows the issues right and left.

Sundays at our home was, Mass, breakfast, Meet the Press, and then talk or argue until football started!!!

She would get comfused behind a computer. She can't stand not getting a human on the phone whe she calls for assistance!!

Karma sucks, Dennis Miller!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I have a question concerning this? Are the voters in the computerized voting centers also afforded the opportunity to vote via paper ballot?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I recommend you watch this movie about voting machines and how they could be easily fixed to change your vote.

www.votergate.tv...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I guess it is possible to maintain a healthy skepticism about the claim of tampering and keep an open mind about the possibility of equipment and software malfunction. It's strange isn't it? (That so many coincidences collide in favour of one side). Maybe it's just divine intervention. At least we can all rest assured that there is no concern about the 2004 election being subject to any funny business.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by G_Scard
At least we can all rest assured that there is no concern about the 2004 election being subject to any funny business.

You forgot to put your [/sarcasm] on the end of your post. Didn't you?

I am continually surprised at people who are so obviously intelligent, and computer literate and savvy, that are so afraid of a well-designed registration/voting system. And please, no "It's because we know computers that we don't trust them" retorts. You trust them implicitly, every day. For issues much more important than who gets to sit in the White House for the next 4 years.

Don't judge what can be by what is. Think about the over-registration of voters, the registration of Mickey Mouse and Snow White in Ohio, the fact that ID isn't required in some states, and remember that no computer did those dirty tricks.

Or, continue to live with the corruption and fraud that we have now beause the future is scary. I don't know or care anymore.

new topics

top topics

join