It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1200 dead pigs fished out of Huangpu Jiang, Shanghai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Over 1200 dead pigs fished out of Huangpu Jiang, Shanghai

news.wenweipo.com

According to Xinhua, many pigs were recently found floating in the Songjiang section of Huangpu Jiang. The reporter was informed on the 10th that the number of pigs has exceeded 1200. Shanghai is tightening its monitoring of the upper course of Huangpu Jiang to investigate the source of the pigs, and to stop the inappropriate disposal of pigs from the source. The Shanghai City Water Supplies Department states that Songjiang's water quality is 'normal' and reaches relevant water quality standards.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
www.washingtonpost.com
news.sina.com.cn
news.cnwest.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
2012 Mysterious Mass Animal Death List
Part 1: Mystery Solved! Mass deaths of Animals solved! Just don't get infected
Wow! Millions of dead animals floating in rivers in South America!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I used a Chinese source and translated the first paragraph myself because all the English sources (and most of the Chinese sources for that matter) use the outdated 900-pig stat.

I find this to be really strange... I've heard of mass deaths of dolphins, whales, birds and, uh, bees on ATS and elsewhere before, but domestic pigs? Clearly, there's someone behind it... but the question is who and for what? Pigs are valuable assets to those factory farms and if they're dumping good pigs, they're dumping money. There must be something about these pigs - an illness, perhaps - but if the water quality is normal, how can that be?

Mind you, the location of the source will probably be narrowed down quickly. The pigs' ears have ear tags that are something like animal ID cards. So far, they haven't been able to identify the source yet because the tags are not very clear, but I think they'll figure it out soon enough.

This is not the first incident of this nature. Dead pigs have floated on the river on multiple occasions. However, the huge number - gosh, there were over 1200! - was unprecedented. Whoever's doing this, he or she has to stop. This is not the way you're supposed to dispose of animals!

news.wenweipo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10/3/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/3/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Some criminal gang somewheres gonna make a few quid on bacon barms out of this...Seriously though thats disturbing in the least
edit on 10-3-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The Shanghai City Water Supplies Department states that Songjiang's water quality is 'normal' and reaches relevant water quality standards.

I'm guessing the term 'standards' here carries a pretty broad and relative meaning, depending on who is defining it?

I can't imagine stepping up to take a big glass of river water for myself ... err.. or even get splashed by it without disinfecting rather quickly. At least for a bit.. Goodness. It's a Porkalypse.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm sticking with my dangerous gas theory as the culprit with these die-offs, although this one sounds a bit fishy being they are tagged. If no one has stepped up yet and claimed them then maybe they were deliberately disposed of this way. Makes no sense though. Why would someone deliberately kill a large number of pigs like this? This would be a lot of money to a farmer.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If this one wasn't deliberate I think that hydrogen sulfide could be the killer of these pigs. It makes sense. This is only one of three mass die-offs on the 9th of March. There were thousands of dead fish in Australia and then hundreds of chickens died to Avian flu. Many of these die-offs are attributed to known diseases and some that are labeled strange. I wrote a thread about the increase in drug-resistant bacteria and mutating viruses that also have to do with the dangerous gas theory. I believe that this is also the case with animals. There are so many die-offs right now from both sudden death or disease, and all may be from the methane release. Read the thread for an explanation on it.

In just 65 days of this year, there have been 116 mass animal die-offs. We're having mass die-offs at a rate of 1.79 per day this year. I posted this information on Feb. 25 in the Peru fish die-off thread and at that time the rate was only 1.71. It's increasing dramatically. Here are the stats on animal die-offs from 2012. There were 464 die-offs in 2012 which was a rate of 1.27 per day. In 2011 there were 145 events which was a rate of 0.4 per day. This is increasing at alarming rates and people can only deny it for so long.

Mass Animal die-offs in 2011

Mass Animal die-offs for 2012

Mass Animal die-offs in 2013

Here are the die-offs just for the month of March

9th March 2013 - Thousands of dead Fish found floating in Terry Baldwin Lake, Darwin, Australia. Link

9th March 2013 - 1,200+ dead Pigs found in the Huangpu River, Shanghai, China. Link

9th March 2013 - Hundreds of Chickens killed due to Avian Flu in Bihar, India. Link

8th March 2013 - Large Fish Kill in Chang Feng Park in Shanghai, China. Link

8th March 2013 - Thousands of Chickens are dying of unknown disease in Dumuria, Bangladesh. Link

6th March 2013 - Thousands of Fish found dead in Congo Creek, Australia. Link

6th March 2013 - Fish kill in Baffin Bay has Scientists concerned, Texas, America. Link

6th March 2013 - 60,000 Fish found dead in ponds in China. Link

6th March 2013 - Dead Fish litter the Payette River in Idaho, America. Link

6th March 2013 - 1,000 lbs of dead Fish found in Kowloon Bay, China. Link

5th March 2013 - 18,000 Goats killed by "extreme weather" in Ladakh, India. Link

4th March 2013 - Thousands of Fish wash up dead on Eyre Peninsula, Australia. Link

3rd March 2013 - Salmon die off at the aquaculture facility in Nova Scotia, Canada. Link

3rd March 2013 - Thousands of Fish suddenly dead in Chan'an Village, Xian, China. Link

2nd March 2013 - Thousands of Fish found dead in Lake Keepit, Australia. Link

2nd March 2013 - "Significant" Fish kill on River Dodder in Ireland. Link

1st March 2013 - Thousands of Fish dead in a River in Victoria, Australia. Link

1st March 2013 - 1 Million fish dead so far this year in Lake Erie, America. Link

Also, to be noted, there were 6 mass die-off events on the last day of Feb.

28th February 2013 - 1.2 Million Chickens killed due to Bird Flu in Mexico. Link

28th February 2013 - Large number of dead Fish along a Kilometer of River in Tianjin, China. Link

28th February 2013 - 5,000 lbs of Fish found dead on a river in Xishui County, China. Link

28th February 2013 - Big fish kills at Fish farms in Myanmar. Link

28th February 2013 - Hundreds of Ray Fish wash up dead on a beach in Gaza, Palestine. Link

28th February 2013 - 100 Manatees killed by Red tide this year in Florida, America. Link

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Then whats follow next on that list is the last animal die off species

Humans !

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sounds like the pig farms in the area have a problem with some sort of virus that is lethal to the pigs. Perhaps they then dump the pigs in the river to get rid of them?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A pig farmer found 1200 of his stock dead, he fears disease and that it might spread to his other stock so he plows them into the river. This makes sense, but what killed them in the first place. It had to be some sort of knockdown agent (hydrogen sulfide) to kill 1200 pigs so quickly. If it were disease it wouldn't have happened quickly and if not quickly, the farmer would have discovered a problem long before 1200 of his pigs were dead.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Now that you mention it, it does make sense. I was initially reluctant to link this to the theories for 'natural deaths' because of the domestic nature of the swine.

By the way, the grand total's increased to 2813.
newtalk.tw...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Reminded me of this...

The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.” He said to them, “Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water
-Matthew 8:31-33

edit on 11-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Maybe a outbreak of swine flu further upstream that hasn't been officially reported and the villagers have just chucked their pigs in the river...

edit on 11-3-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Maybe it's a warning! We just learned about the first GM created babies.....

Don't mess with God.......

I have chills thinking about this being possible.......
edit on 3/11/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Apparently...they just keep on floating down...the count "for this month" is nearly 6,000 according to this "Huff post" article...(yeah I know)

Pigs In Shanghai River: Number Of Dead Hogs Pulled From Water Reaches Nearly 6,000

The number of dead pigs found floating in a river flowing into Shanghai has reached nearly 6,000.

The Shanghai municipal government said in an online announcement that 5,916 swine carcasses had been retrieved from Huangpu River by 3 p.m. Tuesday, but added that municipal water remains safe.

The surge in the dumping of dead pigs — believed to be from pig farms in the upstream Jiaxing area in the neighboring Zhejiang province — has followed police campaigns to curb the illicit trade of pork products harvested from diseased pigs.

Nice eh?

Prob not a big deal for them...they'll just chop them up, package them and ship them to a Wal mart near you.

If you think I am being funny, look up a special report on chicken production in China.

If you think the Chinese are concerned about the garbage they ship over here for us to eat, you are mistaken. If you think our inspectors can put an eye on every piece of meat or poultry that comes into this country...you are deluded.

Pay a couple cents a pound more and buy local...at least you might actually get something that was slaughtered and didn't die from disease, infection or toxins.

edit on 3/12/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I already covered this. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

This thread is a day older btw....

I know...the search feature doesn't like me much...I almost started another thread myself until I got the search to work correctly

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I read on ZeroHedge that it was unseasonably cold and they likely froze to death. Throwing the dead animals in the river has been the custom. They are trying to teach the farmers better disposal methods.

top topics

join