It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism, the group that thinks the are better than everyone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Two can play at this game...

Atheist...having a high IQ than anyone because they said so.
lmgtfy.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I didn't find them funny. It is propaganda by the Thiests!

There is a lot of very funny crap but this is not it.

Sorry

P

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Good thread. If your an atheist, and your not suicidal your not trying hard enough.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Thing is you can not answer any of the questions also, you can give your opinions but not answers.
Why do they think they are better than anyone else? (not that they do) maybe they have not been spoon fed someone elses idea's on something we as human beings will never begin to understand.
Boo Hiss OP you just failed.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It is in the jokes section. All it does is mock one side and it is not even sensible.

Definitely not funny. I was looking forward to funny and got this drivel.

P

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

I know they are supposed to be jokes, but they are just not funny.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I lost a little more faith in humanity after reading this thread.

Edit: Ok, I can't let this one go.

A few points:

Science can answer all of these questions, as can common sense.

Thinking you know the answer to a question (especially when that answer involves a being that cannot be proven to exist) does not make you right. Not knowing something is key to learning the answer, science is basically the philosophy of "I don't know, let's find out", blindly believing a book stops you from doing this, which seems very foolish to anyone that isn't brainwashed and has the slightest hint of intelligence.

No one "follows" Atheism. Atheism isn't a religion, it's not a group, an Atheist is simply someone that doesn't believe in a creator.

"Why do you follow religion?"
"Because I can't think for myself and anything an old book says is true".
edit on 10-3-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
LOL my wife and I thank you for a pretty good chuckle, will be sharing with family and friends.
thank you op.
p.s. the replies it has received makes it even better!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I have a few ideas like this too.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Religious: Jesus said, Be perfect...
Atheist: Were you perfect when you were born?
Religious: No.
Atheist: Are you perfect now?
Religious: No.
Atheist: Will you ever be perfect?
Religious: No, but I'm trying.
Atheist: Good luck with that.

-----------------------------------------------------

Religious: God loves you.
Atheist: God loves just me?
Religious: No. God loves everyone.
Atheist: Did he love all those he killed in the great flood?
Religious: Yes.
Atheist: Did he love all the firstborn of Egypt when he killed them?
Religious: yes.
Atheist: With a friend like this who needs enemies?

--------------------------------------------------

Religious: Jesus proved he was god when he rose from the dead.
Atheist: Didn't all the dead saints rise from their graves too?
Religious: Yes.
Atheist: Are they god?
Religious: No. What's your point?

--------------------------------------------------

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
One more:

Religious: My wife was in a bad car accident and the doctors said she wouldn't survive the night. I prayed to god and he saved her!

Atheist: God heard your prayers and saved your wife?

Religious: Yes. It's a miracle!

Atheist: So, if you didn't pray to god he would have killed her?

Religious: Yes! What? Wait? Huh????
edit on 3/10/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Trust me when i say this OP, but not all atheists are the same.

I simply don't believe in anything out there, so i guess you could call me an "a-theist" (the prefix meaning the contrary of "theism").

I said this recently to a bunch of angry "anti theists":
"Arguing about religion is unnecessary, and should be avoided. Let people believe what they want. Don't wave your atheism around just like you don't want them to wave their religion in your face. It's counter productive, and you achieve nothing by telling someone his/her faith isn't reality."

It's actually ironic, because their hatred is towards the fundamentalists that push religion, yet they are doing the same thing by pushing their atheism.

I say if someone is pushing their religion onto you, just tell them they are wrong and disrespectful to your beliefs, and move on. There's nothing you can do or say to change that person. By creating a war, you are becoming your worst enemy.

Mix with positive people - both theists and non-theists. You'll be much better off

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
And i like your first pic OP! So very true.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Great post...we are all tought something but to be fair some christians convert to atheism later in life and some atheist convert to religion later in their lives....why? Because we have free will to choose and nobody should tell us what to believe in if what you personally believe in does not harm anyone else...note how I said "your personal belief does not hurt anyone else". We can't carry the burden of someone else in our club if they murder or rape someone because they were an athiest, Islamist or Christian..just as someone shouldn't be held responsible for a murder their brother or sister committed when they had nothing to do with it...
edit on 10-3-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Aaaah yes. I remember the good old days of thinking I had the truth, and if everyone on earth believed as my bible told them to, it would be a paradise.

Oh wait...that doesn't work does it? There are billions of Christians. The Catholics and Protestants have been fighting over who's right for how many centuries? There are how many sects of Christianity? 40,000? And every sect is the one that's right? So even you folks can't really agree on what your bible says you should believe and do. You even tell each other you're going to hell if you don't believe it my way.

How about the Muslims? Surely they've got it all worked out. Nope. They can't agree either. Seems it's all open to interpretation for them too.

The Hindu's? Nah. They have their own set of problems. And they're as divided as any other.

As atheists. We can agree on one thing. We lack the belief in a God. All else is individual belief and preference. And you aren't going to atheist hell if you lack a belief in God different than the way I lack a belief in God.

As to your jokes. Some atheists may believe the way you generalize all of us, and slap a label on us. But atheists are as diverse in their beliefs as anyone. The difference is, it isn't a problem for us. I'm ok if Jigger or Phoenix has a different belief than I do about our origins.

edit on 3/10/2013 by Klassified because: redaction

edit on 3/10/2013 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
Good thread. If your an atheist, and your not suicidal your not trying hard enough.

Since you never bothered to learn the basics of the language YOU'RE using, (as in 'you are', not the possessive), why in the world would anyone consider YOUR opinion valid? YOUR thinking is obviously substandard.

To answer YOUR ridiculous comment, perhaps it's the theists who should be suicidal. Heaven is supposed to be great, don't you want to see Jesus as soon as possible?

Oh wait, suicide is another sin! Damn. You'll just have to wait until God decides to take you home, whether it's a random accident when you least expect it, or in a hospital hooked up to 20 tubes and machines, or maybe while you're in bed having a heart attack praying to your god to help you.

Guess only atheists have free will. Everyone else has to worry about God and his rules.

Just as an aside, which God do you believe in? The insane homicidal maniac of the Old Testament, the slightly improved virgin rapist of the New Testament, or any and sundry of the hundreds of now discredited (by virtue of them being human fantasies) gods of all the other times and peoples?

Personally, I really like Apollo. Now there was a God.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire

Originally posted by hotel1

Since you never bothered to learn the basics of the language YOU'RE using, (as in 'you are', not the possessive), why in the world would anyone consider YOUR opinion valid? YOUR thinking is obviously substandard.

To answer YOUR ridiculous comment, perhaps it's the theists who should be suicidal. Heaven is supposed to be great, don't you want to see Jesus as soon as possible?

Oh wait, suicide is another sin! Damn. You'll just have to wait until God decides to take you home, whether it's a random accident when you least expect it, or in a hospital hooked up to 20 tubes and machines, or maybe while you're in bed having a heart attack praying to your god to help you.

Guess only atheists have free will. Everyone else has to worry about God and his rules.

Just as an aside, which God do you believe in? The insane homicidal maniac of the Old Testament, the slightly improved virgin rapist of the New Testament, or any and sundry of the hundreds of now discredited (by virtue of them being human fantasies) gods of all the other times and peoples?

Personally, I really like Apollo. Now there was a God.

Firstly I have just got this new iPad and am still finding my way around the keys. Secondly I never stated I believed in any God. Third why do you assume you are so perceptive that you can tell so much from a single line of text. Finally you post like a butthurt feminist.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
More "funny" stuff!

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [Nietzsche]

"I cannot believe in the immortality of the soul.... No, all this talk of an existence for us, as individuals, beyond the grave is wrong. It is born of our tenacity of life – our desire to go on living … our dread of coming to an end." [Edison]

"The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma." [Lincoln]

"Religion is a byproduct of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity?" [Arthur C. Clarke]

"Religions are all alike – founded upon fables and mythologies." [Thomas Jefferson]

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile." [Kurt Vonnegut]

"Religion is based . . . mainly on fear . . . fear of the mysterious, fear of defeat, fear of death. Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand. . . . My own view on religion is that of Lucretius. I regard it as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race." [Bertrand Russell]

top topics

join