It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoin price through the roof!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'm sure many of us here know what Bitcoins are and all the complicated stuff behind that. I did some Bitcoin mining a year ago and racked up a few, plus buying things my Bitcoin wallet ended up having about 12 Bitcoins left in it. And then I forgot about them.....

I saw a promising article on www.maxkeiser.com and thought Hey I have some bit coins somewhere from over a year ago.

Current exchange rate 47.02 USD WHAT THE HELLLLLL!!!!

This is insane! my 12 bit coins that I forgot about are worth 567.7 USD ?!?!

A message to anyone who slightly dabbled in Bitcoin a year ago. DIG OUT YOUR OLD WALLETS.

Damn Bitcoin is going on a rampage. Wish I had kept my mining operation going.... Just making sure everyone is aware cause this completely took me by surprise. I have a friend who has close to a hundred Bitcoins in an old wallet I damn well know hes forgotten about ^.^ I have some good news for him hehe.

Might be worth Investing in Bitcoins.
They arent controlled by the Rothschild family last time I checked lol

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Yes *folds hands evilly* invest in digital moneys, yes... Mwaahahahaahahaha *Illuminati organ in the background*

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

? less than a year ago it was between 2-4$ now its 47$....

Illuminati money is the USD you are aware of that right.....? Federal Reserve and what not?

Bitcoin has its risks yes.

But the USD has WAY MORE RISK and no one in the mainstream even wants to discuss it. The Bitcoin economy is one of the only true economies and un-corrupted in the world.

So the evil laugh is completely out of place sir...

Edit: Just looked at the USD 1$ note I keep in my wallet to remind me of the enemy. Yup still has Illuminati symbolism all over it..... So once again. Potentially misplaced evil laugh?
edit on 10-3-2013 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Yes *folds hands evilly* invest in digital moneys, yes... Mwaahahahaahahaha *Illuminati organ in the background*

lol, the organ part was funny. But a decentralized limited quantity currency with a fair amount of anonymity is definitely not something they want to gain attention. Just saying.

Bitcoin’s Gains May Fuel Central Bank Concerns

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Bitcoin aka pedobucks

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

lol what? why?. I would have said Drug money lol

Or have you not heard of Silkroad

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

The pedo's use bitcoin for their websites.
Silkroad ya say? No, not me, never!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Uhm, I am glad you made 500 dollars. That is really cool, personally wish I had kept 12 of those lying around too.

But think about it. Paper money and gold at the very least, they represent something. With digital money, this means your life can instantly be "shut off".

Imagine a world where everything was digital... That is total control and is more of a slap in the face than these paper notes some worship as God.

But right on, looks like right now it's well worth it.

Edit: Just imagine them jackboots stompin' around, with TV's blasting "All paper currency is no longer save, or reliable. The public wants an end to the counterfeit. Federal reserves printers have jammed up. Please turn all stored money into the nearest ATM machine by the end of this m...."

^ Da Future.

edit on 10-3-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Aah yes I completely agree and don't think we should make Bitcoin a global reserve currency or anything. But as of right now it's a great idea. It isn't being manipulated by the common money manipulators. It's just fun using money you know doesn't have Rothschild Fraction Reserve Lending being applied to it. Well not until you exchange it to your local currency anyway hehe.

Edit: I would have payed about 12-13$NZD per bitcoin when I purchased them a while ago. Epic mark up.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Yes, what digital agenda needs is more investments!

Glad it's paying off for you right now, but this stuff is daunting to me. Wouldn't take much of a push to eliminate cash as we know it.

"back in my day we used to buy bacon with paper dollars"

grandson "but grandpa, what's bacon?"

^ Is that a world you want to live in!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Paper money and gold at the very least, they represent something.

What does paper money represent in your mind? It certainly doesn't represent any gold in Fort Knox, the US dollar has been unhinged from a gold standard for a very long time. You know what the serial numbers on that paper money represents? A bit of digital data stored in a bank computer some where. If that serial can't be verified by those computers than that piece of paper may as well be just paper. And you know what the data on the bank computers represents? A debt.
edit on 10/3/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I wanted to buy a coin when it was $34 bucks. Do you have any BTC? Can you give me any advice. I want to buy my first coin, but I don't have a bank account. I want to do a cash buy. I have a few wallets & an account over at Mt.Gox, but I just don't have a damn coin yet. LoL

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

At some stage we have to change our economic systems anyway. It's just a matter of rooting out all the corruption before we go anywhere too close to that.

Back onto Bitcoins, I've been looking into the custom built Bitcoin mining Hardware. mmmmm interesting I got my mining setup back and running again (might as well i'm not paying for electricity) but the new stuff looks insane!!!
Check this out! BitForce Little Single SC 30 GH/s Bitcoin Miner whaaaaaaat

This will be a game changer for the Mining aspect of Bitcoins. Wish I was still running a net cafe:/ id make every idle machine Bitcoin mining even overnight!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
omg Bitcoin is crashing! I sold at the right time lolz. Network blockchain compromised. Faith in Bitcoin in the mainstream will drop = massive price drop. then buy more coins!

Faith will be restored as time passes. and people realize the exact specific reason for this current issue.

Big Big Money Money

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I don't understand what a bitcoin actually is. Is it some sort of fake money? Is it made of gold or silver? Is it a scam?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency based on an open-source, peer-to-peer internet protocol.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
Current exchange rate 47.02 USD WHAT THE HELLLLLL!!!!

This is insane! my 12 bit coins that I forgot about are worth 567.7 USD ?!?!

Bitcoin Just Broke $100

www.businessinsider.com...

Like you I had a few in an old wallet... or thought I did, come to find out that on-line wallet was a scam and everyone got ripped off... I didn't even know until today. What a kick in the teeth that was. The amount of money involved is quite substantial. I've read that one person had 25000 bitcoins stored at mybitcoin.com and lost it all (that $2,600,000 at the current rate), which makes my little sum seem trivial in comparison.

Anywho... the total value of all outstanding bitcoins—its market capitalization, if you will—has now topped $1 billion. That’s quite a milestone, considering bitcoin isn’t backed by any real asset or faith in any government. A big reason for its success is the principle of sound money ...something Ron Paul educated the American people about during the last two election cycles.

Now that bitcoin is being taken seriously, we are seeing a seismic shift in the world of international finance such as the world has never known. Now watch our world radically change as we remove the greed driven middle man who regulated the value of our legal tender from his ivory tower. These money junkies are in a race to rule the world, but the power these “elites” lust for is tied to an old money system and that false authority is house of cards… ready to fall.

One might compare the rise of crypto-currency and it’s effect on banks and insurance companies to the invention of the printing press and its impact of the Catholic Church. In the days of Martin Luther the Chatholic Church ruled the world. Were you to walk into any town or city in 1513 you would see that the spires of the Church towering over every other building. Five hundred years later the tallest buildings in any major city are either banks or insurance companies, thus it should be evident to anyone who is paying attention who rules the world today.

Its the golden rule, those who have the gold make the rules. And there is a clue, it has always been those institution that move money around. The church moved money (promising treasure in heaven as they sold a pardon for sin) and today the bankers, like Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein still claim: "I'm Doing God's Work." Yeah, from my perspective, not a lot has changed in terms of money, corruption, and thinking that one's own greed is part of God's ordained plan for a better world.

Today’s Martin Lurther is Satoshi Nakamoto. Lurther publish his Ninety-Five Theses in 1517 and Satoshi revealed the open-source code for bitcoin in 2009. The German monk strongly disputed the claim that freedom from God’s punishment for sin could be purchased with money. Nakamoto wanted to give people the ability to move money without using a bank, and doing this is like talking to God without a priest.

The real value of Bitcoin is not found in the market, but rather in the code.

Historically, governments inevitably debased their own currencies to finance expensive foreign wars and/or a run away welfare state (in our case both). Naturally, these governments force the people to only use the so-called “money” that they declare to be legal tender (...even if something else would work better). So we find that through out time, legal tender laws are always put in place where ever there is a fiat currency. Before bitcoin it was precious metal that provided the “anchoring” for fiat currencies and held inflation in check. Now the same principle of sound money that used gold and silver to chain down the mischief of governments is the fundamental operating principle employed in the bitcoin code. Simply stated, bitcoin is electronic cash that is not subject to the false authority of government (the anarcho-capitalist inside of me loves that) and therefore, like pure gold or silver, it will NEVER loose it's value due to inflation.

It has been said, “Bitcoin could be the greatest invention in human history.” Why would anyone say this? Because it fulfills the dream of Thomas Jefferson, that “the issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.” Thanks to bitcoin, it has been.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
BitCoins are gaining in value because of what happened in Cyprus. People losing faith in the bank so they take their money to more secure location, their computer.

new topics

top topics

join